Christmas Tree Woman

carbuff-ITA about Sunapee. See my post in the blue bikini thread....

I agree with the people who think she is probably still alive. There are so many photos of her, obviously over a long time-span. So far we've heard of nobody who had a long term close association with Alcala and was murdered by him, basically if you got in close enough for long enough and survived you were probably safe. I recall reading somewhere that most of his closer relationships (family, girlfriends) won't hear a word said against him.

My guess is that amongst the photos as victims and near-victims there might be photos of people he doesn't want to bring to the attention of LE. These people wouldn't necessarily be in collusion with him on his crimes, they may just feel sure of his innocence and also know a few facts that seem harmless to someone who thinks he is innocent but would send LE enforcement off on new leads. They might know about his movements at a certain time, or have loaned him a car, or have known about some of the places he hung out at.

I agree with the people who think she is probably still alive. There are so many photos of her, obviously over a long time-span. So far we've heard of nobody who had a long term close association with Alcala and was murdered by him, basically if you got in close enough for long enough and survived you were probably safe. I recall reading somewhere that most of his closer relationships (family, girlfriends) won't hear a word said against him.

My guess is that amongst the photos as victims and near-victims there might be photos of people he doesn't want to bring to the attention of LE. These people wouldn't necessarily be in collusion with him on his crimes, they may just feel sure of his innocence and also know a few facts that seem harmless to someone who thinks he is innocent but would send LE enforcement off on new leads. They might know about his movements at a certain time, or have loaned him a car, or have known about some of the places he hung out at.

I agree, and I also think that he was fairly serious about his photography. He might have used the camera to get close to people, and later followed them, but I think the majority of the photos are legitimate shots of people who would never suspect he was anything other than what he seemed.

Not all of them, however :(

Didn't LE said they found lots of photos he left behind too? I'm frightfully curious about how the photos ended up divided into what would stay and what would go to Seattle.

Also, he may have thrown some stuff away, like landscapes and such taken in recognisable places too close to his other activities.

Most of these links (if not all) are dead now so just posting the Christmas tree pic in the thread to make it easier for latecomers like me to have a clue what's being discussed:

Picture%20122223044--415x415.jpg

I agree the blue bikini pictures were taken in NH -- that looks very much like Lake Sunapee, near where he lived 1969-1971.

He was on the lam and living under the John Burger name, so I doubt if he went there because of relatives -- more likely the reverse. Also, I think LE would have recognized any immediate family members. I suspect this was a neighor; he seems to have been on good terms with his mother's neighbors and with all the people he worked with. None of the known murders were of people close to him.

Curious where the blue bikini pics are, when you have a moment? Sunapee is minutes away. I can hopefully confirm, if enough background, etc.

That's not a woman, but a girl. Ever since many of the "women" I thought were 20-25 ended up more like 14-17 in the pics taken I'm gonna guess this is a 15-17 year old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back