Cindy & George on TODAY SHOW 10/22/08

I buried a child almost 15 yrs ago now, who was on the sidewalk in front of our house. When a drunk driver went off the road and on the sidewalk. For several months after I made a lunch for him for school, I layed out clothes and I acted like he was still here, even got mad that he didnt respond when I called him from upstairs. My husband thought I was crazy because I never actually grieved, and talked to Dr's who told him that my mind couldnt handle it, if I accepted it I would go crazy, my brain was protecting me from what it couldnt handle. I needed to go at my own pace. It took along time before I fell down and lost it. And I completely lost it!! Was I in denial or was my mind doing what it had to do to deal with it? I get the A's. had you given me a slight chance, jeez I cant imagine how long it would have lasted.

I am so sorry about that. My step mom was the same way. She lost a baby at 6 weeks old and it was almost a year before reality set in and she actually broke down.

Meredith asked - have you ever sat in a quiet moment and asked yourselves is it possible you were in denial here (referring to Caylee being deseased)?

THey both answered absolutely not

I believe the very first word out of Cindy's mouth was 'absolutely'.
IMO, there is no convincing Cindy, or I guess I should say there is no way Cindy is EVER GOING TO ADMIT Casey killed Caylee. Does it really matter at this point? Not being snarky or anything like that, just wonder what people think about it.
Lanie

Just give the A's a break about their denial. They need to do this right now and they need to go at their own pace that's all Im asking, put yourself in my shoes or their shoes, you wouldnt give up either. GA needs his tent like I needed to pack a lunch, it's what is keeping him from going completely insane
CA needs to change Caylees sheets weekly and I would bet she makes her a plate at dinner too. Just cut them some slack.

:no:

What a terribly sad story, and I think it makes perfect sense.

I buried a child almost 15 yrs ago now, who was on the sidewalk in front of our house. When a drunk driver went off the road and on the sidewalk. For several months after I made a lunch for him for school, I layed out clothes and I acted like he was still here, even got mad that he didnt respond when I called him from upstairs. My husband thought I was crazy because I never actually grieved, and talked to Dr's who told him that my mind couldnt handle it, if I accepted it I would go crazy, my brain was protecting me from what it couldnt handle. I needed to go at my own pace. It took along time before I fell down and lost it. And I completely lost it!! Was I in denial or was my mind doing what it had to do to deal with it? I get the A's. had you given me a slight chance, jeez I cant imagine how long it would have lasted.

Thank you, dcorrigano, for sharing your private and painful experience with us. It helps give the position the Anthonys are in a new perspective. But by the grace of God, go I . . . .

Number of interviews done by Cindy:

1 gazillion

Number of times Cindy has turned to camera with tears in her eyes and desperation in her voice and pleaded "Please, for the love of God, bring me back my grandbaby. I love her desperately. Whatever you think, whatever reason you took her, it doesn't matter, just, please, for the love of God, bring my Caylee back to me.":

I am very sorry to hear that....:blowkiss: to you.......

Do they get paid for these interviews and where did they get the money to fly to New York when what they said could have been said in a studio in Orlando?

Why does the Today show keep having them on when they sound like broken records?
They never have anything new to say.

And she mentioned Tim Miller (God bless him) like she didn't say last week that she would never speak to him again!

They are a contradiction unto themselves.

A's are flat broke. Today Show definitely paid for
the flight. The Today Show, just like GMA, is
total fluff and everything's wonderful and
chipper. Nothing groundbreaking has ever
occurred on either.

I'm so sorry for your loss and what you've gone through....

In a way you've explained what I was trying to say about how this case is perceived by many and once again the portrayal on the Today show of half truths by the Grandparents.

Your grief was overwhelming from what you write....can you in your wildest thoughts imagine how someone who loses a child can party it up only four days later and then go on a crime spree?

And again, I'm so sorry you and your child have been a victim of a drunk driver. My prayers to you and yours ...

Dcorrigano, I am sorry for your loss... thank you for sharing the insight.

1 gazillion

Number of times Cindy has turned to camera with tears in her eyes and desperation in her voice and pleaded "Please, for the love of God, bring me back my grandbaby. I love her desperately. Whatever you think, whatever reason you took her, it doesn't matter, just, please, for the love of God, bring my Caylee back to me.":

:clap: :clap: :clap:

<<Originally Posted by dcorrigano
Honestly, I dont like CA either. But Im honestly getting sick and tired of people condeming these people for holding hope, as slight as it might be..(snipped)

I have no doubt that Caylee is playing with the Angels, I have no doubt that KC did it. But for one moment put yourself in the A's shoes. We dont have to like them or how they acted, it's bad... but Im really tired of people condeming them for holding hope when any of us would do the same thing. (snipped) >>>>

I hear what you're saying.... I think we all had hope at one point but as the evidence mounted the reality was quickly becoming clear even to the blind.
There is a huge difference between hope and denial of the truth.

I wouldnt wish this horrific circumstance on anyone and my heart goes out to this tiny child.
But shows like the Today show who soft step around the bigger picture and allow this kind of falsehood to be perpetuated is not healthy for anyone, especially the Grandparents.

The line between helping and hurting in this case is very clear.

IMO

:clap:
Drumstick: eloquent, tactful, diplomatic, and right on target. Major applause. TY.

I have to admit, after watching these two wingnuts this morning I am very confused about the relationship between the A's, Cayl's, and KC. Who does CA think was Cayl's mommy? Her? The whole thing just creeps me out.

they're sitting so far apart, not touching at all, it looks like they've had a total disconnect.

I noticed that too. Comparing their body language from previous joint interviews to this interview one can surmise there is a disconnect. They are sitting almost a foot apart on the couch (where they usually are right next to each other). They are not holding hands like they usually do (or CA usually has her hand on GA's thigh). At one point GA tries to put his hand in between he and CA on the couch but she doesn't really respond. I wonder if CA is mad at GA?

1 gazillion

ITA. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I am disgusted by their behavior, not because they are in denial, but because I don't believe anymore they actually are in denial. I, too, know firsthand all about denial, and real denial is slipping up and doing things like the person is still alive. I don't see any of that. Yeah, there is lots of, "she's alive, Casey had nothing to do with it" statements, but like you say, little to no pleas to 'the kidnappers', I haven't seen any statements wondering if she is ok, if she is cold, hungry, etc. Throwing away the toys, I would keep every single thing donated, everything, to show this little girl when she finally came home, I would rent storage if I had to, just so she would never have a moment of wondering if people cared, if people never stopped looking for her. If I were pounding signs in my yard, it would be Caylee signs, not 'no trespassing'. Sigh, I could go on and on about all I haven't seen, but the main thing I have seen is desperation to defend Casey, not to find Caylee.
Lanie

At one pt during the interview, I noticed that GA put his hand down on the couch between them, and rubbed his pinky on CA's leg, like he was trying to get her to hold his hand. I think even though there is definitely a disconnect, it is more so on CA's part than GA. I think that he loves his family and wants to maintain the family, he doesn't regret going to the GJ to testify but CA definitely holds it against him. Also, she wants to be in control, not subservient to GA ... my guess on why she is so far apart from him on the couch and is closer to Meredith for the interview. I also noticed she doesn't have gum....
You know, I saw this too, but I interpreted it as him trying to warn her to shut up. You are much nicer than I am.

Just give the A's a break about their denial. They need to do this right now and they need to go at their own pace that's all Im asking, put yourself in my shoes or their shoes, you wouldnt give up either. GA needs his tent like I needed to pack a lunch, it's what is keeping him from going completely insane
CA needs to change Caylees sheets weekly and I would bet she makes her a plate at dinner too. Just cut them some slack.

Dcorrigano, my heart goes out to you, and I am truly sorry for your tragic loss. I can understand and empathisize with your devastation, and your reaction, on a very personal level.

Unfortunately, in this case, I have seen too much evidence that I cannot believe other than that Cindy's denial is no longer the denial of grief, but a deliberate, and at times cruel to other people, denial of facts for specific purposes.

I would never say such a thing lightly or quickly or without extensive research. Particularly stating it in writing, and in a widely and publicly accessible place such as an internet forum. It puts my own reputation and credibly at stake, and that is not something I take lightly. I am not a cruel person, but rather a caring and compassionate one. I have to, finally, call it as I see it.

Again, I am truly sorry for your tragic loss.

Just saw DCorrogano's post about the loss of her child.

I am so sorry that you went through that. A very heartbreaking story.
I understand that the brain has to do what it can to survive and coping mechanisms kick in.

I just do not think that the A's should be doing these interviews when the evidence points to the contrary, and I believe this scenario is quite a bit different than yours. The media enabling them is hindering their healing, imo.

Oh my GAWD... those pics were taken AFTER Caylee went missing... what is it going to take Cindy to accept THAT?!?!

It is really pitiful, isn't it? I thought that interview was just sad--these grandparents are swimming in the river denial (in my opinion).

Okay, so some of the news shows when this case first broke put up varied pictures of Casey partying (some of which were BEFORE Caylee's disappearance) BUT the pictures of the blue dress and the pictures of her in the black dress from Fusian were all in the time period in question. Even if there are not pictures the cellphone records and text messages support some heavy partying going on in May/June/July. It is sad that the family seizes on one *wrong* bit of displayed information (like the Casey holding the pole picture from years before) to invalidate all the other facts.

It drives me crazy!

It drives me *nuts* that no one ever asks them what kind of kidnapping investigation involves Bud Light, cheap sunglasses and Hot Body contests. I would love to see what kind of response they would give to justify that while their precious granddaughter was out there missing, Casey was out there using her stolen clothes to make sure the stripper poles were nice and shiny.

Lanie, you are so right. I agree with you, also, that CA will never admit that KC had anything to do with this, and no, it really doesn't matter if she accepts it or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01
Back