Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I think it was written in a dignified manner.

I think so too JBean..after today, I learned that sometimes you have to read things like you have never been here, and never knew of those who write the things you are reading. It literally does open your mind to seeing things you never would have with the emotional attachment.
I don't think this is all that will be said, only snips of what is to come on Tuesday. If this sentiment stays the same, it will be a beautiful eulogy for Caylee.
One thing I know for sure, I will wake up to hugs and kisses in the morning and Cindy will not. I will go about my day, and she will still mourn. I understand her sentiment. I don't think at all that she means to undermine anyone's feelings.

I think so too JBean..after today, I learned that sometimes you have to read things like you have never been here, and never knew of those who write the things you are reading. It literally does open your mind to seeing things you never would have with the emotional attachment.
I don't think this is all that will be said, only snips of what is to come on Tuesday. If this sentiment stays the same, it will be a beautiful eulogy for Caylee.
One thing I know for sure, I will wake up to hugs and kisses in the morning and Cindy will not. I will go about my day, and she will still mourn. I understand her sentiment. I don't think at all that she means to undermine anyone's feelings.

Oh good point! Thanks for that.

Hmmm...a lot of this bothers me....and it bothers me that it bothers me.....My head is due to explode soon.

A euglogy is usually spoken at the service, obits are sent to the paper. The eulogy is about the deceased - their life, their loves, the joy they brought others, how they will be missed, how they might want us to remember them. An obit would give info about the person, list the family members, give the date and times of services/viewings, and if wanted, ask that in lieu of flowers donations be made to a charity.

While parts of it are seemingly heartfelt and well written, it also smacks of PR authorship with CA's input. I don't doubt that CA & GA are heartbroken about the loss of Caylee, God forbid I ever have to be in their shoes. But, I'm afraid this is more of an addendum to the Cindy Show that will take place Tues, then a eulogy for Caylee.

Texas Mist, I agree it seems to want to devalue the feelings of anyone who never met Caylee. CA is the Boss- she is entitled to tell others how to feel (not). It does sound like CA's normal mode of communication, trying to maintain the family image of normalcy, but the nastiness still gets out in subtle ways. And there's always an unlying agenda- soliciting for KFN, with all that's been brought out about them, is just wrong.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I would really like to believe there is no underlying motive to this published eulogy, but I think there's been too much overall BS from CA to be able to take anything at face value. JMO

I have to say that I am in agreement with many here. A small part of it is beautiful and about Caylee, but the vast majority seems to be CA still getting her "little digs" in. Have you all read the comments to the article in the Orlando Sentinal? Many are quite interesting.

Hmmm...a lot of this bothers me....and it bothers me that it bothers me.....My head is due to explode soon.

A euglogy is usually spoken at the service, obits are sent to the paper. The eulogy is about the deceased - their life, their loves, the joy they brought others, how they will be missed, how they might want us to remember them. An obit would give info about the person, list the family members, give the date and times of services/viewings, and if wanted, ask that in lieu of flowers donations be made to a charity.

While parts of it are seemingly heartfelt and well written, it also smacks of PR authorship with CA's input. I don't doubt that CA & GA are heartbroken about the loss of Caylee, God forbid I ever have to be in their shoes. But, I'm afraid this is more of an addendum to the Cindy Show that will take place Tues, then a eulogy for Caylee.

Texas Mist, I agree it seems to want to devalue the feelings of anyone who never met Caylee. CA is the Boss- she is entitled to tell others how to feel (not). It does sound like CA's normal mode of communication, trying to maintain the family image of normalcy, but the nastiness still gets out in subtle ways. And there's always an unlying agenda- soliciting for KFN, with all that's been brought out about them, is just wrong.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I would really like to believe there is no underlying motive to this published eulogy, but I think there's been too much overall BS from CA to be able to take anything at face value. JMO
Thank you for saying this. I'm trying real hard to stifle my true feelings.

I personally liked it, mostly........and then I really see the continued support of their daughter and it's leaving me very confused about how I feel. They seem to let it be known that they do support their daughter. {shutter}

a long one, if this is posted in the Obit section...kinda pricey eulogy *ehem announcement.

I dont dislike her wording, if I was to analize this..I could say I saw some possesive words in there that may have people feeling a bit offended...it comes across as a possesion...and the length was a bit over the top...remember less is more.

I sorta really kinda...dont want to watch the Memorial now. I can see where this is all going...biting my tongue now.

Doesn't offend me. I understand and agree completely. I also agree, no one should try and tell another how to feel. It reeks of trying to control through guilt.

I'm still digesting "truly", too and this "For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, and their memory of her may eventually fade. But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal."

....hmmm....lemme think here about how to say this....I think that's devaluing & minimizing the emotions & energies of everyone who followed the case -- & hoped & prayed every day that Caylee would be found safe -- as though they'll go on with their lives & not ever think of that little girl again.

I can't recall another case where the family, if they did make public comments, did anything but thank everyone who prayed & hoped along side them during a tragedy.

I can't recall another case where the family basically said that strangers who took the time to care would just stop caring forever.

I can't recall hearing anyone, at any funeral I've personally attended, say essentially "glad to see some unknown faces but don't forget you don't, won't & can't hurt as much as us". well duh. That's just tacky.

So yeah, I felt a 'jab' reading that. Not just for myself, but for everyone else who cares about little Caylee.

I'm sure the family (well, except KC) does feel the loss deeply, but I've never, ever accepted someone trying to minimize or deny my own thoughts or feelings & make them insignificant.

:clap::clap::clap:I second that!

I may not have personally known Caylee but I WILL NEVER FORGET HER EVER!! I have cried for this little angel, as most of us have and we have all shown more love for little Caylee that her own mother has never shown during this whole thing....:furious:

:clap::clap::clap:I second that!

I may not have personally known Caylee but I WILL NEVER FORGET HER EVER!! I have cried for this little angel, as most of us have and we have all shown more love for little Caylee that her own mother has never shown during this whole thing....:furious:
My heart still aches. No, I will not EVER forget this precious child.

:confused: I feel frustrated too. To criticize the eulogy and dissect every word uttered, every movement this woman makes really truly makes me frustrated. I'm sure she never thought when her daughter was born and she held her in her arms and loved her that one day she would be making a Eulogy for her Granddaughter, whom her own daughter murdered.

With the pain and the loss of her Granddaughter and Daughter and everything that she has to be feeling, with George just coming out, do people honestly believe that word truly is all that important in the grand scheme of things. Her Granddaughter is dead, her husband tried to commit suicide, her daughter is in jail for murdering her granddaughter why not a little ounce of slack.

People talk about Cindy being controlling, yet feel it should have been written the way they would have wanted it written. Step back and think about the control issue now, this is about her family, her Granddaughter.

Regarding Caylee's father, I haven't seen anyone step forward to claim being related on the father's side, so why should they be on there?

When did Cindy become the murderer of Caylee? She didn't. I said it many times, I don't like the way Cindy handled it, but this woman gets flogged unmercifully at times and it frustrates me.

It seems that people feel as though they deserve the right to control the way she handles things, the way she feels, the way she should write her own Granddaughter's Eulogy. What's wrong with this scenerio?

I agree that it was a mistake for the newspaper to call this a eulogy and we shouldn't continue the mistake. I don't know what it is, not quite an obit, something like an announcement or it's just Cindy issuing formal comments. Clearly she is still working through a lot of emotions, not the least of which is anger. I would be too.

I applaud her heartfelt commentary. I do not applaud other aspects of her announcement, but I made a thread for that, if it survives.

(the thread on the CMA Foundation is locked, didn't survive. I don't understand but hope for illumination in future.)

I followed Samantha's case & here's what her mother had to say in her eulogy:

"Nothing can bring our baby back," she said, choking back tears. "But knowing that her death was handled with the utmost integrity and her life cherished by so many does bring some solace. We are overwhelmed by the love people have shown Samantha.

"We always knew she had a gift for the world but it never occurred to us that her greatness would be realized in her death." (my bold & source http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58680,00.html)
Heartfelt...grateful...sincere...just beautiful.

What is the point of releasing the eulogy now???
Shouldn't this have been done at the service?

Weird ..

I thought is was very beautiful,heartfelt and so very true. Caylee is very proud of her Grandmother but if she is reading here she is probably very heartbroken and disapointed by the callous way her family is being ripped apart.They do not want her death to be in vain, and I agree with that. She was a gift from God, in her death many living children will be helped. We should all be respectfull of Cindy and Georges loss.I can not believe some of the posts I have read to pick apart every word sickens me almost as much as KC does.

I thought it was all about cindy, telling everyone they are hurting but it will go away and she will be left to hurt forever. She didn't thank the church, or all the volunteers who looked for Caylee whether she really wanted her found or not.

The part that bugs me the most is that Caylee was never "missing" she was HIDDEN (after being Murdered by her Mother).

It's really hard to see this for what it ought to be, and I know I'm jaded, but cindy is always gonna be cindy and nothing more, nothing less.

yeppers. I think it is nice and it is about helping others through Caylee. I like that.

ITA JBean.

This bit is beautiful.....

Caylee's life may have been short-lived on this earth, but her life will not have ended without a purpose. She will be sadly missed but never forgotten. Caylee Marie Anthony now has her angel wings and will be watching over so many other children.

How anyone can see the negative in other children being helped because of Caylee, I will never comprehend.

These people arent asking for personal donations. They ask that the people who were planning on buying flowers instead send their money to a charity that can help children who are in need of a helping hand.
I cant think of a better way to balance out this tragedy than keeping the spotlight on other missing children who dont get the media focus that sweet caylee has.
They arent making this all about them. They arent even making it all about Caylee. They are making it about every child who needs to know that people care, to know they are special and to be brought home safely to the people that love them.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member