Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disturbed by the comment of putting Caylee a 2 yr. old in heaven in the responsible role of watching over other children. If I had to hear the eulogy I was hoping it would say she is in heaven playing with ther children. I'm not sure why that wording bothers me. I have realized that Caylee's body just needs a private funeral and the memorial isn't going to give anyone insight in to who Caylee the little girl was. All the photos we have seen to date and comments by acquaitinces of the family we still don't know what that little lovey the doveys life was like. Have their been any reports of children who knew caylee going through grief? Let me know if it was a tender service I can't watch!

Very well put. I completely understand why Cindy included that line and the above is exactly why.

I honestly thought what Cindy wrote was sincere and from her heart. And I don't believe it's all about the $$$. But I will say I am disappointed the A's are still affiliated with Kid Finder's and left TES out though.

A mention of thanks to the church holding the memorial would have been nice, also. TES being left out, has not gone unnoticed by most of us.

You know Cindy is "damned if she does, & damned if she don't"
Everyone can say she should have done this, should have done that, but when someone walks a mile in her shoes then lets see how the table turns.
It is hard to not judge someone in this situation, but lets stop and remember this is all about Caylee, not who the father is, who we should donate to , not how the article should have said this, should have said that, just RIDICULOUS!
I would never wish the position of the Anthony family on my worst enemy. This family lost a grandchild at the hands of their own daughter, and now they have to live under scrutiny for the rest of their lives because of an action their daughter took that has now turned their lives upside down. I can only hope myself or anyone here scrutinizing the A's for everything they have/have not done never have to face such a heart wrenching loss as they have. Please remember this IS about honoring Caylee, not anything else right now!

Everyone can say she should have done this, should have done that, but when someone walks a mile in her shoes then lets see how the table turns.
It is hard to not judge someone in this situation, but lets stop and remember this is all about Caylee, not who the father is, who we should donate to , not how the article should have said this, should have said that, just RIDICULOUS!
I would never wish the position of the Anthony family on my worst enemy. This family lost a grandchild at the hands of their own daughter, and now they have to live under scrutiny for the rest of their lives because of an action their daughter took that has now turned their lives upside down. I can only hope myself or anyone here scrutinizing the A's for everything they have/have not done never have to face such a heart wrenching loss as they have. Please remember this IS about honoring Caylee, not anything else right now!

if it were all about Caylee, about honoring Caylee then why ask for donations? why mention starting up a foundation? why continue to anchor the name of a precious child like Caylee to people like those who run KFN and all their very VERY sketchy activities? why is it important for someone like me to look at things the way YOU would like me to look at them? i am not asking you to look at it the way i do. it has nothing to do with my compassion, my sense of propriety or even my ability to consider the feelings of the anthony family. i won't to pretend that it is not distasteful to seek funds off a dead little girl just to make it easier for others, because it is. while i'm sure you didn't direct this solely at me, this and other posts nearly dictating that those who hold a different view than the one here are somehow missing a compassion chip or any other sense of decorum is quite frankly rude.
can you not simply please voice how YOU will go about conducting yourself and allow the rest to do likewise? if the post you're reading holds an opinion you don't agree with, feel free to skip over it to the next one, since they're about 50/50 on the matter anyway.

if it were all about Caylee, about honoring Caylee then why ask for donations? why mention starting up a foundation? why continue to anchor the name of a precious child like Caylee to people like those who run KFN and all their very VERY sketchy activities? why is it important for someone like me to look at things the way YOU would like me to look at them? i am not asking you to look at it the way i do. it has nothing to do with my compassion, my sense of propriety or even my ability to consider the feelings of the anthony family. i won't to pretend that it is not distasteful to seek funds off a dead little girl just to make it easier for others, because it is. while i'm sure you didn't direct this solely at me, this and other posts nearly dictating that those who hold a different view than the one here are somehow missing a compassion chip or any other sense of decorum is quite frankly rude.
can you not simply please voice how YOU will go about conducting yourself and allow the rest to do likewise? if the post you're reading holds an opinion you don't agree with, feel free to skip over it to the next one, since they're about 50/50 on the matter anyway.

ITA. I can't help how I feel....and I feel as though this poor baby has been exploited enough...and I think, given the CMAF was established in October, I fail to understand why they would announce it in a eulogy, and pretend they are "establishing it" in her memory, when in fact they established it at a time when they claimed she was alive.

I also think it was off to do a "Trust Fund Accounting" so to speak in the eulogy. We know that according to TL, some of the donated monies went to LA to pay for his investigations, but they fail to mention this. There are sooo many missing children out there who desperately need help, and I think it ought to be known that the CMAF only has family members on its Board (in fact every family member including Mallory & her mom got a job with the CMAF) so that people can make informed decisions as to where they donate their money.

I'm all for the clause re Orlando Search & Rescue, but would have loved to have seen a thank you to TES and a request for donations to that group, because imo, that group did far more than anyone else to find Caylee, hundreds if not thousands of volunteers gave up their time to try to find her, and I will never understand why the As can't thank those people or why they didn't thank RK. Hopefully they will find it in their hearts to do the right thing by those people at the service tomorrow.

They didn't ask for donations.

Are you saying the CMAF will operate without donated monies? I thought the As were broke, and they and the Parkers are the only board members, so I don't see how that is possible?

Which para(s)?

1. Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.
  2. On Aug. 9, 2005, God blessed this Earth with one of his most beautiful children. Caylee Marie was born at 7:14 a.m. in an Orlando hospital. From the moment she was born she forever stole the hearts of her family. Caylee was not only a beautiful baby, but she had a beautiful spirit that will live on in those that truly knew her and loved her.
  3. She is survived by her mother, Casey Marie Anthony; her grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony; her uncle Lee Anthony; and her great-grandparents, Alex and Shirley Plesea and Ruth and Lee Anthony.
  4. Caylee's life may have been short-lived on this earth, but her life will not have ended without a purpose. She will be sadly missed but never forgotten. Caylee Marie Anthony now has her angel wings and will be watching over so many other children.

As well as other paragraphs that directly related to Caylee’s memorial.

I have only made it through the first page so please forgive if this has already been discussed.

I do not think this is a Eulogy, it sounds like an Obituary to me....

I have written and given two Eulogies in my lifetime.

The first was for my mother's lifelong best friend that was killed suddenly in a car accident. Obviously, her family was devestated as she was only 33 and the mother of two small children. They asked and i said yes....It was very hard and emotional to put into a few pages everything that she not only meant to me but more importantly All of those that loved her.....framed a copy for her mom and in my heart know it helped, in a very tiny small way.

The second was for the best friend i have ever had in my life, she was shot in the head and died instantly....THAT was hard! She was 22 years old and a young bride only 5 short months before.....I did it....only later to have my legs colapse out from under me while standing at her casket for a final goodbye...thank god someone caught me....

Bottom line: No fan of CA, however i'm gonna lay off of this, and once that beautiful little girl is finally laid to rest, go back to sleuthen out the shisters trying to profit off of her life.

imvho

Going back to read the rest of the thread now...

Allow me to applaud you! :clap:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's unfortunate that this has become a mockery and its purpose has now shifted to finding criticism in the eulogy written by a grandmother.

1. Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.
  2. On Aug. 9, 2005, God blessed this Earth with one of his most beautiful children. Caylee Marie was born at 7:14 a.m. in an Orlando hospital. From the moment she was born she forever stole the hearts of her family. Caylee was not only a beautiful baby, but she had a beautiful spirit that will live on in those that truly knew her and loved her.
  3. She is survived by her mother, Casey Marie Anthony; her grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony; her uncle Lee Anthony; and her great-grandparents, Alex and Shirley Plesea and Ruth and Lee Anthony.
  4. Caylee's life may have been short-lived on this earth, but her life will not have ended without a purpose. She will be sadly missed but never forgotten. Caylee Marie Anthony now has her angel wings and will be watching over so many other children.

As well as other paragraphs that directly related to Caylee’s memorial.

I think the last paragraph is clearly about money and the CFMA. The purpose they refer to, is imo, the CFMA and they have had the same "catchphrase" up on her site for a while now.

Plus, I find the para. odd...she was 2 years old...she should be playing in heaven, imo. The task of "looking over other children" has clearly been assigned to her by them for the purpose of raising funds for their new "charity", which will presumably pay the whole family their very own "Director's Salary".

I don't see how CA could have been more specific - in LIEU of flowers, send donations to the foundation. It doesn't, nor has it ever meant that no one send flowers, that flowers are forbidden, it is a suggestion by the family which appears in many, many death notices everyday.

I think the last paragraph is clearly about money and the CFMA. The purpose they refer to, is imo, the CFMA and they have had the same "catchphrase" up on her site for a while now.

Plus, I find the para. odd...she was 2 years old...she should be playing in heaven, imo. The task of "looking over other children" has clearly been assigned to her by them for the purpose of raising funds for their new "charity", which will presumably pay the whole family their very own "Director's Salary".

Wow. That's what you took away from reading the eulogy? I guess we are just different as I don't see this to be anything like you see it.

Frankly, it is a matter of opinion. You stated yours and I stated mine period! If I was directing my post to any specific person I would have quoted it , End of discussion ;)

Frankly, it is a matter of opinion. You stated yours and I stated mine period! If I was directing my post to any specific person I would have quoted it , End of discussion ;)

hmm. of course.

For all of those who are dissing Cindy for including mention of the foundation, I suggest you visit www.survivingparentscoalition.org to see how common the practice actually is. You may as well insult Marc Klaas, Ed Smart, Marc Lunsford, Erin Runnion, Dru Sjodin's Mom and many more. It makes no sense to put someone down for trying to find a positive in working through their loved ones death. There but for the grace of God...

I have seen and heard of many foundations set up after a tragic death. I think families need to feel there is some purpose or greater good in the loss of their loved one. The A's are not the first to start a foundation and while I totally understand the suspision people might have about CMAF, I am giving the A's the benefit of the doubt right now. There are some wonderful foundations out there that have arisen from tragedy, perhaps the CMAF will be one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.