Clerical errors and typos in the Documents and Reports

• The docs have a discrepancy as to what numbers she called in the early morning hours of June 18. Page 2571 states that two numbers, both being different Broadway Ristorantes but neither the numbers or identy match the actual cell records. These two calls were to 407-447-9999 and 407-478-9999, landlines. None of those pizza places has a number even close and none with the same exchange as either of these numbers. I don't have a clue as to how this type of a clerical error would occur. So, if these calls are important to finding the truth, it has been overlooked. She appears to be searching for someone with the 2 preceding calls and these 2. The one with 447 exchange is through Florida Digital Network, Orlando, first name Lashida. The 478 exchange is also a landline through Florida Digital Network but in Winter Park. She also called a number ending 9999 on 6/29. This one is a Cingular Cell in Kissimee and apparently has two past addresses connected to it in Lake Worth. Again, it looks to me like she is trying different combinations to find someone.

I meant to add that this discrepancy was also noted. It too has been fixed in later discovery (page 4210). I never bothered calling either number, and LE did not list who they belonged to on 4210.

Yes, I already mentioned that I thought that Andy was corrected somewhere. The 9999 numbers though are my greatest concern. I am missing page 4210. Can you tell me when it was released. The closest I have and could find is 4143, then 4227-4279. My concern is that they simply didn't follow up on who the numbers belong to because I am seeing a pattern of her trying to find someone. I would want to know who.

I meant to add that this discrepancy was also noted. It too has been fixed in later discovery (page 4210). I never bothered calling either number, and LE did not list who they belonged to on 4210.

I have spent a great deal of time trying to locate page 4210. I have gone through all of March 5 docs on this site and 2 news sites and find no trace of it, either for March 5 or before or after. Please direct me to where it can be found.

Kind Regards,
Connie

I have spent a great deal of time trying to locate page 4210. I have gone through all of March 5 docs on this site and 2 news sites and find no trace of it, either for March 5 or before or after. Please direct me to where it can be found.

Kind Regards,
Connie

Unfortunately I do not keep a record of where I get each file, although that would probably have been a useful thing to do. :slap: But, I can say for certain it was part of the March 5 document dump.

The whole file is too big for posting here, so I extracted the page in question. Here you go:
View attachment Discovery p4210.pdf

Thank you. This is really quite strange. I have just gone thorugh Orlando Sentinel, MyFoxOrlando, channel 9, 13, Wesh and Dominick C's docs and it isn't there. So, if anyone happens across the doc that includes this page would you please post the link. I've also gone through the doc thread here, with no luck. Maybe I need strong magnifying glasses. :eek:

I found an address error for the Anthony home on this evidence form.

Attachments

• hair ties.jpg
    hair ties.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 27
This does seem to be a simple clerical error but I also notice the case number seems to be wrong. It looks like 69203 instead of 69208. At first I thought it may be just an 8 made with two circles rather than the normal way but looking at the other 8s on the page that doesn't fit. What is the page number on this document. I looked through the first 2 pdfs released and didn't find it. I'd like to look at it in its original rather than cropped.

It's page 3246. Here is an enlargement. It does look like a 3 rather than an 8.

Attachments

• case # error.jpg
    case # error.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 27
It's page 3246. Here is an enlargement. It does look like a 3 rather than an 8.

Well, its clearly 2 errors. I went though that doc and find this tag # listed for the find in section B of the Anthony back yard. See page 3229. The adress listed on the evidence page is 2 doors North.

Pg. 3248 shows evidence collected at 4851 Hopespring. The officer started to write 493 and crossed it out. So I'm wondering if they collected evidence from the neighbor's yards. This address is 6 doors North, not likely Caylee dropped Taz in their yard. But why would they start to write the correct address then cross it out? Hmmm. Most pages have a person's name to identify but this one doesn't. BBs adddress is 4929, 1 door North so it isn't his house.

Pg. 3255 is an evidence form dated August 11, the same day that RK first called in. It is the intake of small pieces of bones and suspected animal hair, giving the location found but not who submitted it. Interesting it wasn't too far away. So who turned this in? Perhaps they don't always list the name. I see that LPs name isn't listed on the Blanchard Park find on 11/13. But Tim M is listed on his find of a dress.

I went back to pg. 3220 to look at Michael Vs summary of all these intakes and see that it looks like most are there but the Aug 11 items are missing. Although I do see an entry for Aug. 12, a baseball cap, that I didn't find listed in the Evidence sheets. (maybe in a different doc to keep it interesting) But I also don't see The Taz collection which was taken in by Officer Padilla so perhaps this summary only includes Vincent's work and someone else took these into evidence.

I can see why the defense team would need the help of as many students ad they can get to sort all this out.

I have read this thread and I can't see any need for it. What is the purpose? For instance---what difference does it make that a name or address is wrong? How can any of this be used at trial? Guess I'm a "never sweat the small stuff" kind of person nor do I read the small print. LMFFAO

I have read this thread and I can't see any need for it. What is the purpose? For instance---what difference does it make that a name or address is wrong? How can any of this be used at trial? Guess I'm a "never sweat the small stuff" kind of person nor do I read the small print. LMFFAO

It matters because IF it is evidence, they can't claim they have a piece of evidence coming from the A home if the address is several houses up the street and the case number doesn't even match. The fine print can put you in the poor house, by the way. :eek:

Any documents of substance that will be used in KC's trial will have all the correct info.

To me, this thread is just a fishing expedition in the wrong place and time.

I, too, don't sweat the small stuff, but I do read the small fine print so it doesn't come back to bite me one day.

Any documents of substance that will be used in KC's trial will have all the correct info.

To me, this thread is just a fishing expedition in the wrong place and time.

I, too, don't sweat the small stuff, but I do read the small fine print so it doesn't come back to bite me one day.

This thread was actually started due to quite a few suggesting that perhaps other threads would not be derailed and taken miles off topic by such info as could easily be discussed within an appropriate thread where the info would be easier to discover, keep up with and to determine if the proper corrections had been made in later releases. I certainly was not on a fishing expedition so much as looking for crawdads...:crazy:

I also do not sweat the small stuff-however, in a case of this magnitude and with so much at stake the devil is in the details.

This thread was actually started due to quite a few suggesting that perhaps other threads would not be derailed and taken miles off topic by such info as could easily be discussed within an appropriate thread where the info would be easier to discover, keep up with and to determine if the proper corrections had been made in later releases. I certainly was not on a fishing expedition so much as looking for crawdads...:crazy:

I also do not sweat the small stuff-however, in a case of this magnitude and with so much at stake the devil is in the details.

I meant no disrespect to you MC and my comment was not personally directed to you. I do object to nit-picking what or what not LE/FBI did and the manner in which they did or didn't do it being posted in other threads and then brought here. It reads sometimes as if they have personal agenda against LE. I don't know, maybe it's just me reading too much into some posts.

I don't want to discourage anyone who feels the need to look and point out clerical errors. I just think they should be part of the original thread to make it easier for folks to follow. Can't tell you how many times I have gotten more gray hairs and lost doing a search in the research folder. :crazy:

As an amateur sleuth it seems difficult sometimes to not get totally swept into this with all the docs being released under the Sunshine Law. In my state, none of this type of evidence would be seen until the trial. So I am use to NOT seeing vs. getting thousands and thousands of pages at my browser's command button.

I have stated many times, I have full faith in the justice system in Orange Co, Fla that these fine folks will represent Caylee to the best of their ability and will see Caylee receive the justice she so deserves by convicting KC and the A clan. I also firmly believe that both LE/SA and JB/crew read here as well so they are aware of what clerical errors we sleuths have uncovered. Also don't have a problem with that either.

I guess Cindy, by saying the documents contained typos and therefore can't be believed, thought she was pointing out some major flaws in the case against her daughter. As if to say, my daughter is probably innocent if they misspelled a word here or there. That sort of thinking border's on insane, if you ask me. I hope she is forwarding all of these HUGE mistakes over to the defense, it will make for good comedy come trial time.

I have stated many times, I have full faith in the justice system in Orange Co, Fla that these fine folks will represent Caylee to the best of their ability and will see Caylee receive the justice she so deserves by convicting KC and the A clan.

Respspectfully snipped to the point... I don't think I've ever read an article on the problem with wrongful convictions in our country without Florida being mentioned as top of the list. Most I have read about are due to prosecutorial misconduct of one sort or another, often withholding the key evidence that would show the person innocent. I am not speaking about this case, but to your statement about the justice system in Florida.

From http://www.truthinjustice.org/fla-deathrow.htm by LAURIE GOERING Chicago Tribune:
... Since the U.S. Supreme Court allowed the resumption of the death penalty in 1976, Florida has reversed the convictions of 20 Death Row inmates, more than any other state in the nation... Alabama, Georgia and Florida, meanwhile, are following the lead of Texas in pushing for speedier executions. "It's a schizophrenic time," said Semel, whose group has pushed since 1997 for a national freeze on executions... Mike Radelet, a University of Florida sociologist who has spent 20 years studying the death penalty, attributes the North-South divide to a historic Southern preference for executions, dating to the Civil War...One of the most famous of Florida's wrongful conviction cases was that of Freddie Pitts and Wilbert Lee, who spent 12 years on Death Row for the slayings of two gas-station attendants...
Florida has by far the largest number of Death Row cases where an inmate was granted a new trial either because prosecutors withheld evidence suggesting innocence or because they knowingly used false evidence, according to Tribune research...In part because of such problems, Florida's reversal rate of Death Row convictions on direct appeal, a first appeal based solely on evidence already presented in court, averages almost 50 percent, according to the American Bar Association.

This database shows by state who they managed to free from wrongful conviction. The list for Florida is huge, about equal to all of Australia. How many haven't they had the time or resources to help? http://forejustice.org/db/location/innocents_l.html

I don't want to discourage anyone who feels the need to look and point out clerical errors. I just think they should be part of the original thread to make it easier for folks to follow. Can't tell you how many times I have gotten more gray hairs and lost doing a search in the research folder. :crazy:

Back when this case first started, there were "General Discussion" threads, more so then specific threads. When the first document dump was released, I think back in August or so, is when it was first noticed that the search warrant that was issued for the Anthony home had the wrong date on it as well as when the judge signed it.

All "166 General Discussion" threads are here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168"]Caylee Anthony General Discussion Threads, Rules and Sticky Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

As this case progressed we went into specific threads so information would be easier to search. There are many specific threads that talk about wrong dates in court documents which are in threads not related to court documents. This is why WS tries very hard to remove O/T discussions and keep all threads on topic.

As far as I can tell, this is the first known "specific" thread for "Clerical errors" all in one place.

Back when this case first started, there were "General Discussion" threads, more so then specific threads. When the first document dump was released, I think back in August or so, is when it was first noticed that the search warrant that was issued for the Anthony home had the wrong date on it as well as when the judge signed it.

All "166 General Discussion" threads are here: Caylee Anthony General Discussion Threads, Rules and Sticky Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As this case progressed we went into specific threads so information would be easier to search. There are many specific threads that talk about wrong dates in court documents which are in threads not related to court documents. This is why WS tries very hard to remove O/T discussions and keep all threads on topic.

As far as I can tell, this is the first known "specific" thread for "Clerical errors" all in one place.

And I give thanks and kudo's to the mod's here who keep me from straying too far from the subject thread. :clap:

I remember well the beginning of this case here at WS. I was a lurker for the longest time before I felt comfortable enough to post. The logic used here was and is far superior to other sites. I soon found I could follow threads when they did become specific topic threads.

I just get really lost sometimes when I read current threads that refer back to previous docs and I have to go on a search & seek misson. Most posters are kind enough to provide a link to the thread that contains a previous discussed thread or doc. As for the clerical errors in docs, I don't really pay much attention to or proof read them for typos. It is the substance of the docs that I want to read and digest.

So if this is a clerical error thread only then I might make good use of it during the coming year or years.

I just noticed on doc. pg 3985, Kronk's statement, that the case number ends in 3. I think that they had different case numbers and merged them somehow, although I haven't read anything to back that up. But, This one mentioned above is likely not a typo or clerical error. 08-122093 was likely the case number for the initial finding of human remains on Suburban drive. Of course, on the next page, the 12/11 interview of Kronk shows case # 08-71777 so this is confusing to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back