Cleveland doctors will try to seperate twins.

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by bigbuck, Mar 25, 2007.

1. bigbuck

bigbuck Former Member

DALLAS - Doctors are planning an attempt this spring to gradually separate 3-year-old twin girls who were born connected at the head.

The twins and their parents will travel in April to Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, where a team of doctors will separate the girls in stages.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070325/ap_on_he_me/conjoined_twins

From what I've read this is a very, very, difficult operation. My thoughts and prayers go out to the girls and their family and, also to the remarkable staff at Rainbow. Who saved my own son 18 years ago when he was two months old.

2. Loading...

3. Mira

Mira Country Girl

crossed fingers and good thoughts for these babies.

my auntie lost conjoined twins in her 5th month, and i have always followed the cases i hear about.

to read a wonderful story about another set of conjoined twins, go to herrintwins.com. born with only 2 legs and one kidney between them, they are doing well.

4. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

Just as an aside, my father was on the team that was the first to successfully separate a set of conjoined twins;joined at the head.(at least first in the US)

Bless these little one's hearts.