Cloris Leachman Dies at 94

She had her own TV series, "Phyllis", a spinoff from the Mary Tyler Moore show (she played Mary Richard's landlady). Cloris was just hysterical in both shows.

RIP Ms Leachman

Oh what a wonderful hilarious actress ! Rest in Peace beautiful Lady. Prayers for peace and comfort for her family and friends. Now have to find Young Frankenstein !! Neighhhh !!
Thank you for all the wonderful characters you gave us

She also played Granny in the 90s Beverly Hillbillies movie.
Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for that! My husband and I remember her for her role as Frau Blücher in Young Frankenstein. Brilliant acting.

A number of years ago she was the celebrity guest for my town's annual film festival. I didn't use my pass to hob nob with her after hearing that she was a bit... demanding, lol. I'm sorry now that I didn't.

In any case I do respect her for the many years she dedicated to acting and the myriad roles she was able to pull off so convincingly.

RIP lady.

I have always loved her since The Last Picture Show even though that was a serious drama and not comedy. She won best supporting actress. My mother was funny and she liked to introduce me to funny women when I was young. Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett and of course Cloris Leachman. Now today we have Tina Fey and Julia Louis Dreyfus.
If you have never seen Cloris as Grandma Ida in Malcolm In The Middle you need to check it out. She was also in Bad Santa making sandwiches : ) She was in the Christmas movie Prancer and my holiday favorite.
She always stole the show in whatever she was in. She will be missed but generations of funny woman will have her as a role model. Love you Cloris! RIP.

Few actors could have asked for a more startling debut to their film careers than Cloris Leachman, who has died aged 94. In the opening of Robert Aldrich’s masterly film noir Kiss Me Deadly (1955), she is first seen running along a dark country highway at night, barefoot and clad only in a pale trench coat.

Terrified, she tries to flag down several cars until she forces one driven by the private eye Mike Hammer (Ralph Meeker) to stop. He reluctantly lets her get in. As the opening credits roll, we hear her highly amplified heavy breathing while, from the radio, Nat “King” Cole sings I’d Rather Have the Blues.

Leachman is in the film for less than 10 minutes but, during that time, she expresses a range of emotions: fear, strength, inscrutability, wit and sensuality. Her last words to Hammer are “Remember me”, a plea that does not go unheeded by the hero, or the audience, throughout the film.​

Cloris Leachman obituary / Guardian

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back