closing argument poll: how did the prosecution do?

Your review of the prosecution closing:

• Great!! (like five stars great!)

Votes: 389 78.0%
  • pretty great! (it was great but I would have added some stuff)

Votes: 83 16.6%
  • It was good.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • It was not so good.

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Standing O for Juan!

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

He mentioned everything he should have and forgot nothing he shouldn't have. What else is there? I watched nearly every second of the argument all day, and it held my rapt attention. The entire day passed in a flash. I loved that he dismisses all the sex and the foggy PTSD, like it was all absolutely irrelevant. Which of course it is. Well done, sir.

The first part was awesome...the second half....way beyond awesome. Wow. He argued 1st degree murder...all sides, perfectly IMHO. I know tomorrow will be salacious sex, but I don't think, no matter how much Nurmi tries to muddy the water, it will hurt Travis. Martinez and his final argument will be the ultimate rebuttal. Of this, after today, I have no doubt.

I was mesmerized listening to him but that was not surprising to me since I already knew I would be anyway. He is obviously very dedicated and passionate about his work and his memory is amazing. I believe he said 75% of what needed to be said today and he made his point clearly and precisely numerous times. He will state the remaining 25% once the defense has had their say.

What stood out the most today for me personally was when Juan began to detail the moments of Travis' murder. I have been following the trial closely from the beginning and have viewed all of the crime scene/trial photos many times. Somehow, I've managed to stay pretty stoic throughout in spite of the brutality, sadness and senselessness of the crime.

When Juan started putting the bloody bathroom pictures on the screen and began detailing moment-by-moment how Jodi was killing Travis and how he was struggling to get away from her and how he was bleeding profusely ... it was like I was there watching it!!! It was agonizing to listen to and my chest got tight, I got a big lump in my throat and my eyes were stinging from trying to fight back the tears.

For me, Juan really made it hit home just how violent this murder was and the degree of over-kill involved. I've been wondering this evening if his moment-by-moment account of Travis' murder had as much of an emotional impact on the jury as it did on me.

Agree 100%! Unlike ALV, I can admit my bias...I am head over heels crazy for Juan...but even if I just heard the closing and knew nothing else about him, he still would have knocked my socks off. My spine was tingling when his voice became soft and he was going through the murder step by step. I can't imagine what it would have been like for those in the courtroom.

It was by far the most emotional I have got watching a closing argument. Juan was masterful, brilliant and hit it home. He is truly amazing to watch.

I'm glad he focused on the fact that Travis is the victim. His verbal reenactment of the murder was simple and chilling and right on the money!

I have faith the jury will give Travis the justice he deserves!

I'm glad he focused on the fact that Travis is the victim. His verbal reenactment of the murder was simple and chilling and right on the money!

I have faith the jury will give Travis the justice he deserves!

I thought his reenactment of the murder was the most powerful part of his closing. It really illustrated how Travis did nothing but try to get away and Jodi terrorized him until he was dead. It was such a sad picture he painted. And I think it is very accurate.

I had to vote pretty great. I love Juan and his style to pieces and if I was sitting on the jury I would have found his presentation more than adequate, but although I love his ability to ad lib, he stumbled over his words a time or 2 and was quiet at times when I thought he should have been louder. I think there was even more he could have added, but I'm not really complaining. I'm surprised he wouldn't at least have his main points in writing if only to quickly reference.

I give him 5 stars... no two ways about it... 5 stars.

I thought his reenactment of the murder was the most powerful part of his closing. It really illustrated how Travis did nothing but try to get away and Jodi terrorized him until he was dead. It was such a sad picture he painted. And I think it is very accurate.

That for me was the most powerful moment of his closing, but he's probably got more in store as the final word. If I wasn't already a Juanette, this closing argument would have made me one.

He nailed it! He even managed to work the idea of burglary and theft of the gun. She screwed her own self over with that admission. The CD's showed premeditation. He also changed my mind about whether or not Travis was expecting her. I don't think he was. Her calls to him far out number his to her, and they are really short. I think he was probably telling her to go away and that's why the conversations were so short.

I also thought Wilmont went under and beyond the call of stupid today with her chatty conversations with Jodi. It looked tacky for her to be doing that. Nurmi hardly took notes I noticed, so if he's doing closing he must have it already done. Tomorrow will be interesting if I can manage to stick it out. Nurmi rubs me the wrong way.. :stormingmad:

I voted 5 stars & didn't even get to watch all of today's closing - yet. I was totally enthralled and very impressed that he didn't have to refer to any notes; especially considering he has 12(!!) other cases going on right now. He spoke of Travis with respect and pointed out many of Jodi's lies (it would've taken a few more hours to tell the jury all of them!) very effectively. As many have stated before today, I would want Juan to prosecute the person that committed a crime against anyone I care about. He knows this case inside & out and it showed today.:great: :rocker:

I won't get to watch any of the DT's closing unless they go on & on (is there a time limit?)....I do hope to get to see Juan's final statement after work.

<waves to all of the old KCA sleuthers - I had to take a break after the "non-verdict" & have been working 3 jobs 7 days a week since Dec. :seeya: >

Juan Martinez today was amazing, brilliant, and powerful! He owned that courtroom. One of the best prosecutors I've ever seen! He has an amazing memory and his voice and body language make you just want to listen all the more! Listening to him today made me cry about 5 different times. He really truly is a voice for Travis Alexander!!

How I wish I would have went on to law school. Juan truly inspires me~

B to the freaking illiant!

A++++++++++++:rockon:

Thank you nurse for all your work during these months. Even when I was just lurking I was seeing your input and monitoring throughout. Great job and I know the Alexander family and friends appreciate it.

Also wanted to add loved the dry sarcasm-and his quote-How do I love thee-let me count the lies-Juan Martinez!

Juan Martinez was outstanding in this closing argument He ROCKED!

One more thing that is just unbelievable to me - he has sat there, the lone lawyer for the state, for four months. He has always been on top of this case - NEVER has he been caught unaware by anything the defense has introduced in the trial.

I don't know if there has ever been a case in which one lawyer, alone, has stood for the state in a case as big as this. His passion and respect for the family of Travis Alexander has been apparent from the start. He is incredible.

He HAS been amazing but please let's not forget Det Flores and the people behind the scenes getting every little piece of minutiae together for him to pluck out of the air at a moment's notice when he asks for it. Great team!

My video kept skipping in little increments, but I thought he went into great detail on how the gun was not the victims, but then at the end he said she stole his gun to bolster up the felony charge. Can someone let me know what I missed? Thanks,

I'm watching right now and I'm loving how he's hammering the "it's not my fault" and "she's trying to manipulate everyone in court" themes. It's like he's reading my mind about what I despise about here.

I'm watching right now and I'm loving how he's hammering the "it's not my fault" and "she's trying to manipulate everyone in court" themes. It's like he's reading my mind about what I despise about here.

Smelly, if u are watching it now, please take note of what the things are that Nurmi objects to. I know he objected 4 or 5 times. One thing was the gas can---he objected to that not being admitted as evidence as a lie. So I think he wil try and fight that tomorrow.

I am now wondering what the other things are that he will try and dispute tomorrow. I think one of them was also the knife---Juan said she brought it with her and Nurmi said --facts not in evidence...

I voted 5 stars & didn't even get to watch all of today's closing - yet. I was totally enthralled and very impressed that he didn't have to refer to any notes; especially considering he has 12(!!) other cases going on right now. He spoke of Travis with respect and pointed out many of Jodi's lies (it would've taken a few more hours to tell the jury all of them!) very effectively. As many have stated before today, I would want Juan to prosecute the person that committed a crime against anyone I care about. He knows this case inside & out and it showed today.:great: :rocker:

I won't get to watch any of the DT's closing unless they go on & on (is there a time limit?)....I do hope to get to see Juan's final statement after work.

<waves to all of the old KCA sleuthers - I had to take a break after the "non-verdict" & have been working 3 jobs 7 days a week since Dec. :seeya: >

-----------
Hi Itsy, I missed two early hours! I fell asleep. I have insomnia so will watch tonight. Juan did a great job bringing in somethings that hadnt been able to mention, that made me real happy especially the gun!! Its so good to see you again!! Take care.:seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back