Closing Arguments- thread #171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice assault on JA's grand mom by HLN. At least no comment from her.

I tell you...watching Joey on HLN...I like him, he speaks english and makes sense!
But I swear I will scream if they put that girl Richelle (?)...for some reason she really irks me...I scream at her.
She the only one, I like all the rest, but I love Bethie girl!

they just got jodi out of her holding cell per hln

Sorry I've not read back but in case anyone else hasn't seen this

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 14m

Counsel is still in chambers. There is a nice little buzz here this morning. Very exciting. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 33m

Juan is here with a black suit and light blue shirt. Striped tie. I see some salmon in the gallery. #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 35m

@JuleeDenton @deadairr Juan will be first with closings.
View conversation
Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 36m

Travis' family is seated. The big screen is being lowered. Live streaming will be on this page: http://wildabouttrial.com/videos/jodi-arias-live-stream.html … #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 38m

Media section is jam packed. My power strip is fully plugged up. #JodiArias

Good Morning, Sleuthers!!!!!!
My eyes are FRIED from watching yesterday's feed!
Today is going to be a GOOD DAY! :rockon:

Positive thoughts, folks, it's almost over...........

poor BeachGirlfromPA...

she just texted me, her internet and cable TV both just went down... she's franctically calling them to try and see what's up...

lets cross our fingers for her, that would suck so bad right now...

Can she get to a wi-fi hot spot on a laptop and have the utilities call her when service is restored?

Thanks so much for posting this here! After the skippety skip time we had yesterday with the live feed the links might come in handy. :woohoo:

TIP TO ALL: Right Click - choose on open in new tab/window - on the post # in the top right of Buttered Fly's post (# 182) and it will go to a new tab/window depending on your puter PC or Mac. That way it will be ever so handy if you need it! :woohoo:

I will place my wager on Willmott. She did the opening and she'll do the closing. We may get to hear how JA "had" to kill Travis. :banghead:

Generally one does the opening and one does the closing....they could change that of course, but strategically I think it will be Nurmi because he did the "big" things at the beginning with fact witnesses and the direct of JA. I also think it will be him because he hasn't done much lately (so maybe he's resting up and preparing).

Saying a prayer for Travis' family...that they have peace. Please God, dont let this be another Caylee Anthony case. Please let justice be done for Travis and his family.

My phones are OFF, Blinds are SHUT, got my GIANT Diet Cherry Coke, Couple packs of smokes, Xanax's on hand, tissues, a few snacks and I am letting the Lab's out now to pee!

Justice for Travis.

Yes, but unless the objection is so blatant (talking about things that weren't presented in court for example) it is considered very poor form.

I would hope the judge would tell JW to stick a cork in it if she tries to disrupt Juan's rythym with her constant, irritating, whiny objections

SHe won't be able to help herself...she LOVES disrupting his rythm.

Are they late?? or did my flash player stop working?

Just talked to Katie Wick...she's anxiously awaiting the lottery...said it's a mad house..if she doesn't get in, she's coming over here to watch w/ us in the hotel. What stream is everyone using? Wildabouttrial not coming up for me.

AZCentral thru Ustream for me on my phone (android)

I hope they start before I eat this entire thing of ice cream. I think I've gained 5 pounds watching this trial. :blushing:

dark chocolate kisses and licorice for me
I've gained 5 lbs, too :seeya:

It does speak VOLUMES that the Father, Sisters and Brothers are NOT there. It really does. Where are all her LOYAL boyfriends and all those GREAT FRIENDS she has met? Where are they? NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

Don't forget her biggest ally isn't there either. The guy who would NEVER betray her. The guy who supposedly witnessed everything....like tumbleweeds in the wind.

Says a lot.

While after the CA trial has left a bad taste in my mouth, as it has w/ others....

if I were to look at this in a logical hopeful way, I would say that based on all the evidence presented, I don't see how a juror could come back with manslaughter or anything other than murder1. The amount of evidence is just too enormous.

With that said....back to negative nancy....we are dealing with human beings sitting there as the jury. :/

I see a lot of differences between this and the CA trial. Tons. But, to your point, I do believe the juror questions have helped us to see the jury. Whether we think the questions have been pro prosecution or pro defense, they have all been thoughtful and show careful consideration of testimony and evidence. Having worked as jury coordinator on death penalty cases, that, to me, is the sign of an excellent jury. In fact, that's all I could ask for in this case. Give me a jury that will carefully deliberate, pay attention to even the minute evidence, and seriously consider all options. I am never afraid of a jury that will consider all evidence. I am scared to death of one that will only consider one side.

And, just to add, my experience is that even on a death penalty qualified jury, it is very very sobering for a jury to know that their decision could end someone's life. It is one thing to be part of the crowd on WS calling for the death penalty. But, it is entirely different to be one of the 12 who makes it happen, knowing if you held out, the person wouldn't die. For a person of conscience, that is VERY difficult no matter what you believe about guilt and the death penalty. This jury will have to be very courageous to do what the evidence demands from them, no matter how tough it is.

Personally, on facebook, I saw a post from Travis' sister asking us to pray and fast for the jury on Sunday, before the case will likely be presented to them. I will be joining her for the jury's wisdom, courage, and strength in a very difficult case - even with so much overwhelming evidence. Your average person with conscience would have a very difficult time in deliberations, no matter how obvious the evidence seems. It is just such a sad, heartbreaking case with no true winners. Only justice.

This is not to say that I don't think the jury will do what they have to do. I believe this jury is the kind (from the questions) of jury that is needed for this case. Just from my own experience working with jurors, my heart goes out to them. I know they do not take this lightly. And, I know how heartwrenching it will be for them if they ultimately do have to render a DP verdict. (Writing that, I want to note, I absolutely believe in JA's tremendous guilt. I am only speaking to how tough it is to be part of a death penalty jury where the evidence will likely require very substantial consideration of the death penalty - not easy for any one of the 12).

I believe that Travis has the best prosecutor and the type of jury that justice demands. Praying for justice and praying for those who have to render it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304