Closing arguments- thread #173

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, AFAIK it will be JW doing the closing tomorrow, not KN. I think they realize that the jury might be more receptive to JW than Nurmi, because I have noticed that peoples' eyes glaze over when KN talks. Also, they think the jury might be more receptive to a woman, and the DT will try to pull out all the stops for 'sympathy'. Personally, I HOPE it is KN doing the closing tomorrow, because I have a feeling the jurors have not warmed up to him. Hope these words are allowed, mods. If not, please delete them or modify them. This is my opinion ONLY and just a hunch. I may be wrong.

I think it will be JW 'cause she seems like a control freak. She doesn't trust Nurmi to do it, thinks she can do a better job, when in reality I think Nurmi comes across as more human than she does.

Non-scientific poll

I want to know who plans on watching the defense closing?

Like this post if you ARE NOT going to watch.

I posted another comment above, like that post if you ARE going to watch.

Only like one. I will send a local hoard of skateboarders with screwdrivers after you if you like both posts!

The Following 30 Users WANT to maintain some level of sanity:
angela, BeachGirlFromPA, biggirl, BMoody, celticthyme, especiallyheather, Frigga, jane the dood, JMS2013, Kamille, Lorelilly, MagicRose99, momrids6, Mormon Attorney, Mr.Midnight, Ms.Heather, MyTinkieGirl, nursebeeme, PMLsmom, PPKik, sammie, sassy_texasbelle2, scorpio24, snowcat, Sophieandme, Steft50, Tipstaff, Tulessa, Turtles, wing560
I would love to watch but I'll be traveling. I'll login to ws though, if I can get an internet connection!!!!

Does anyone know whether Juan will do a final close after the defense closing argument tomorrow? TIA!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I believe the cameras installed on highways etc. can't read upside down license plates. But I may be very wrong.

It's just wishful thinking. You can find loads of stories on this if you do a quick search. However, it will get you pulled over every time.

He wasn't implying that she intentionally screwed it on upside down. It was a mistake done rushing away. Better a plate than no plate

So is he claiming she had taken the plate off before driving to Travis' house? I always thought she purposely placed it upside down before getting to his house to avoid detection.

I'm carrying my (non-scientific) poll over from the last thread... no double votes (still)

Who plans on watching the defense closing?

Like this post if you ARE going to watch.

I will post another comment, like that post if you ARE NOT going to watch.

Only like one. I will send a local hoard of skateboarders with screwdrivers after you if you like both posts!

The Following 19 Users are brave/crazy enough to watch:
basilcat, gauntlet, GrannyA., katydid23, Kentucky Gal, kssgdby, Lilibet, ljs713, Lorelilly, Lucylu7, Lupie43, mahmoo, minor4th, my2sense, Myvice, rose222, Rosemary Pierce, SunnyinMO, Veritas_Vita
LotusPawprint: Are YOU going to watch tomorrow?

Does anyone know whether Juan will do a final close after the defense closing argument tomorrow? TIA!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

He's allowed to and I'm pretty sure he will.
I know Nurmi and co. will be giving him stuff to react to. :stormingmad:

I'm carrying my (non-scientific) poll over from the last thread... no double votes (still)

I couldn't find the "like" button, so I just thanked it! :giggle:

Thanks Minor for your explanation on the last thread (it's closed so saying it here).

During Juan's cross, he said "oh so you think your lies hurt you?" (talking about lying to Det. Flores), she said "yes, they did...." then Nurmi objected but she finished her sentence clearly you could hear she said "yes they did my future would be a lot different now if I hadn't made mistakes in the BEGINNING OF MY CASE." What she is saying is if she had thought of this self-defense story and all the other **** and that was her first story and stayed consistent...she would have walked away from everything.

...wow...never thought of it that way.... Thanks....

I will watch the defense closing if for no other reason than the fact my addiction to this case won't allow me to keep away. I am powerless.

Exactly...we are not gonna be able to tune it out just cause it's defense. Won't wanna miss Jodi and her acting puppy dog eyes, listening like a "good little schoolgirl." Turned halfways towards the jury..."carry my gas cans for me please pretty please." Then I'll steal your car, slit your throat and leave you out in the desert to die, but thanks for letting me use you.

I would love to watch but I'll be traveling. I'll login to ws though, if I can get an internet connection!!!!

I'm definitely watching. It's like a solidarity thing with TA family. They have to be there and I can be there for them too.

So is he claiming she had taken the plate off before driving to Travis' house? I always thought she purposely placed it upside down before getting to his house to avoid detection.

I think she wanted the car to appear "local" and in Arizona you only have one plate on your car. (Correct me if I'm wrong anyone) So she removed it while she was about to enter Arizona and would be leaving her car around his house.

Took off the rear plate when she reached his house. DIDN'T WANT AN OUT OF STATE PLATE ON THE CAR. Had the presence of mind in her "fog" to put it back on after murdering Travis and making her getaway. Juan was trying to prove she was in control of her actions. So the plate got put on while she was rushing and she got stopped by a cop in Utah for upside plate.
all according to Juan

The prosecutor's point about Jodi bringing the CDs for Travis to see shows premeditation was fantastic! I am confused about one thing, however: He mentioned after the killing, JA screwed the license plate on upside down because it's less likely to get caught that way than without a plate. Huh? I'm confused about his point. Can someone clarify? TIA

Wherever she parked the car, I think she removed the plate/plates before entering Travis's house. In her haste to leave the murder scene, Juan was suggesting that in that panic she inadvertently put it on upside down. I don't think she would intentionally want to draw attention to her plates. I bet she was ready to **** her shorts when she got pulled over.

Missed the very end today. Where can I replay it?

The Following 19 Users are brave/crazy enough to watch:
basilcat, gauntlet, GrannyA., katydid23, Kentucky Gal, kssgdby, Lilibet, ljs713, Lorelilly, Lucylu7, Lupie43, mahmoo, minor4th, my2sense, Myvice, rose222, Rosemary Pierce, SunnyinMO, Veritas_Vita
In my defense im only watching to see what kind of bs story that they will try and sell. Because after today nothing other than a videotape of JA.being body slammed, and running through the closet will make me believe her story.

I will watch the defense closing if for no other reason than the fact my addiction to this case won't allow me to keep away. I am powerless.

Me too Chelly....I also feel we owe it to Travis' family. I am in this until the very end!

photo.php
No truer words spoken $12.96 for the price of Premeditated Murder
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151762306930312&set=o.128343567335370&type=1&theater

BBM

A poster from the last thread (I'm sorry, I cannot remember who it was) posted this short clip of Juan Martinez objecting during closing statements. I was suprised myself that objections were ok during closing.

Dateline: Fatal Visions Part 9/12 - YouTube

ETA: I thought the link would show up, not the whole clip. Sorry.

Eh, it was at the very end after the argument was finished. And this particular case, I disagree with Juan on .. I think it was suicide, and Juan almost lost this case.

The Following 19 Users ARE brave/crazy enough to watch:

I wanted to clarify my vote. I'll have the DT closing on HLN while I work around the white noise. I will not be watching, glued to my TV the way I was today.

Should be a fascinating web of woe they weave however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968