Closing arguments- thread #174

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenivere

Jenivere New Member

Sex mentioned 3 times. Here we go...

2. camcneishg

camcneishg Active Member

funny how the pics don't make her cry today.....

3. rose222

rose222 Active Member

4. beetrice

beetrice Member

Hold on Rose! The Alexander's can- so can all of us, right? :seeya:

5. Rosemary Pierce

Rosemary Pierce New Member

He is already doing a terrible job! It just doesn't flow like JM's does (oh sex again).

6. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

I think I will have to follow today via WS. I don't think I can stomach the KN verbage.
    Jenny looks nice in her cora colored suit. I like the color.

7. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

OMG.... third time for Fear, Love, Lies, Sex and dirty little secrets!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. basilcat

basilcat Well-Known Member

....calling it "dirty little secrets" is so silly and sordid and totally irrelevant....

9. gauntlet

gauntlet Inactive

Here they are

Attached Files:

10. rose222

rose222 Active Member

I'm afraid I'm going to get my first time-out today. :((

11. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

was it something else??????? now they are saying jodi is still lying???? what could it be other than his clients own testimony????

WOW

12. VALee

VALee New Member

Go Juan!!! OBJECTION!!!!

13. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

just what I thought...Jodi all alert and waiting for the jury to let her off.

14. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

Looks like Travis's family is all in blue..or most of them.

Objection..approach. Go Juan!

15. ExigentPlan

ExigentPlan Opinionated A**hole

While I'm sure JM has it planned already, but I really need to hear two things I didn't hear him state in closing yesterday. 1) Even IF you believe (and who would) the Self Defense claim, it was no longer self defense once the danger was gone. Continuing the attack on TA after he could not possibly have been any danger to her ELIMINATES the Self Defense claim. 2) Repeatedly stabbing TA in the back is absolute proof that he was not attacking her at the time, she could have escaped, but she was trying to kill him! What was he going to do, bump her with his but repeatedly and that was scary to JA?

Forget Reasonable Doubt, the stabbing in the back and the continued assault on TA AFTER he could have, beyond ANY AND ALL DOUBT, been any threat to her absolutely proves First Degree Murder and invalidates any claim of self-defense! Not that there was every any doubt anyways in any reasonable mind.

16. wenwe4

wenwe4 Well-Known Member

Sex, Lies and Dirty little secrets in the human condition . . . Nurmi starts his closing arguments.

What happened in minutes in time between 5:29:20 and 5:32:16 on 6/4/08 . . . (TA in shower staring into camera and jodi's foot photo when she drags TA back to the shower)

culmination of plot and plan that JA hatched in May 2008 - go from her grandparents home in Yreka and to TA's home to kill him . . . forced upon her in 3 minutes

fear, love, sex, lies, and dirty little secrets will help you understand what happened in those few seconds.

You have been listening to evidence for 12 weeks - more than since Jan . . . . maybe when I get back to deliberate my fellow jurors won't see things same way I would. . . .

Objection
    approach

17. Lorelilly

Lorelilly New Member

And Nurmi's Self Defense includes 29 stabs, 1 gunshot to the face and a slit throat. Yup, Travis has Spiderman strength so JA HAD TO KILL HIM 3 TIMES!!!

18. Sweetiemom

Sweetiemom Well-Known Member

Sex and pop rocks and tootsie rolls! No dirty little secret-just a brutal murder by a vicious little witch.

19. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Glad juror 8 is there. Nurmi is doing his best to excuse a slaughter. He will try for sympathy. Problem is, he has an unsympathetic client. There was no fear from her and no dirty little secrets on Travis' side. He has to try. From my heart, I don't believe he can sell it. Not to these jurors, not to us, not to the family, not to the media.

20. KathrynL

KathrynL Well-Known Member

I have never heard of such a thing. As I understand the court's instructions, the burden is completely on the prosecution. In some jurisdictions (I believe but maybe one of our lawyers are around), I think a self-defense plea puts the burden on the defendant and might alter the state/defense/state closing rules. But I don't see it here.

Jodi makes me feel green around the gills. I believe she is diabolical-evil in every definition.

Hugs to all who are (like me) doing our best to hang through the Nurmi closing. Prayers for Travis' family-as their brother is murdered again by the defense one last time. :stormingmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.