Closing arguments- thread #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, for the updates!

So they are deliberating? How long ago did they start? Do we know yet who has been picked to be on the jury? How long can they go for today?

Where was CEO? Thanks guys!!!

50 some odd minutes ago Git. :)

I have had a blue paper clip in my hand during the judges last reading there. I clipped it on my clothes and will NOT take it off even if I have clip it to every shirt I wear from here on til verdict...I don't have any blue ribbons =/ In the shower it will be on the soap dish!

Good idea! :drumroll:

I just put a blue paper clip on the neck of my T shirt and will keep it there also.

Hope my cat doesn't eat it. She likes noticing "new" things on me.

No she did not. She told Flores that one of the intruders did it. At the time, she was sticking to her intruder story. The struggle with Travis story came years after that interview with Flores.

I agree with what she told Flores, but you are mischaracterizing what she said to Juan on the stand. Go watch the video Pink Panther posted, ad then you can admit you were wrong about JM mischaracterizing her testimony.

Argh on HLN they keep talking about the pics of the back (Travis standing in shower) that Nurmi showed. I wish Juan would have gone over this again, I don't remember him addressing it after Nurmi. I don't get what the big deal is that HLN thinks...I mean she knew a) if she stabbed him in the back it probably wouldn't be fatal and b) he could turn around and possibly overpower her since he's standing...just wrestle with her and knock her down and escape. She was NOT GOING TO TAKE THAT CHANCE. What is the big deal HLN, with all your "experts" you guys can't figure that out? Esp. Travis who seemed to have a muscular back (after all he was a wrestler as Jodi so often mentioned)...so that means the knife would mostly be going thru muscle first, meaning it would be less effective in terms of killing him which is what she wanted. Seems obvious to me that the stab near his heart IS MUCH MORE FATAL.

If it's like other trials I've followed, she'll wait in jail. The Judge will call her back to the courthouse when the jury has reached a verdict or when/if the jury asks for clarification or to see evidence.

Not in AZ. She'll be brought each day to the holding cell at the courthouse each day during deliberations. Sheriff Joe ain't no taxi service. lol.

Long time lurker 1st time poster...

I just wanted to say a prayer for Travis and the family... My god be with them and keep them strong through these few next days... And may the Voice of Reason speak through the Jury... Juctice is coming Jodi... Mark My Words!

:lurk: :welcome5: :Welcome1: :seeya:

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

I am nervous too. I wish it over quickly, but not TOO quickly.... does that make sense?

Yes...Too quickly means they haven't taken their duties seriously enough.
And, we do enjoy a little suspense.

I think most of us would be happy with Tuesday a.m.

I think there's been mischaracterization of testimony aplenty. The defense is famous for it by now! I've sat through nearly every day of this trial and don't know how she hurt her finger...apples, glass, knife. I don't know and I really don't care either. Whether she cut it on a glass or on the blade of the knife she repeatedly plunged into Travis' back is rather moot.

The fact that she has admitted using that knife is all that matters...its up for the jury to decide if they believe self-defense/COP. A reasonable juror may very well infer though that her blood, co-mingled with the victim's, must have come from somewhere...like a cut to her hand. I know I certainly would.

JMO

Thank you.

No she did not. She told Flores that one of the intruders did it. At the time, she was sticking to her intruder story. The struggle with Travis story came years after that interview with Flores.

BUT IT IS ALL THE SAME THING. The struggle with the ninjas WAS the struggle with Travis. Same thing. The jury will get that, imo.

*shimmies* Look at me!!! I'm so handsome

*heads off to admire reflection in mirror*

I believe we will have a verdict by the end of the day Monday. I'd love it earlier, but I think Monday is D Day for JA.

Due to money issues the Jury will not deliberate over the weekend. Really?

If they can chuck nearly 2 million dollars at Jodi's defense team they can pay some guards, buy some food and get this thing done. Pathetic. MOO

Sickening isn't it?!?!

I hear them talking on HLN about KN's comment about 9 out of 10 days he doesn't even like JA. I think he did that on purpose to give her grounds for an appeal "see my lawyer didn't properly represent me"...

You know, Travis's friend just brought up a really good point...and one that we haven't discussed much that I saw anyway.

The self-defense defense has basically been DROPPED COMPLETELY!

It was hardly discussed, if at all, by Nurmi.

He went for "heat of passion" - you know, the "snapped" defefense - instead.

WHO DOES THAT? What lawyer on either side changes the story for the 4th time, in the MIDDLE OF THE TRIAL!?!?!

Not just changed it, but changed it during closing. WOW.

I know they hinted towards it earlier this week, but today was when he really went with it.

HLN: Jury is going home for the day.

ETA: Back to deliberate on Monday 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members