CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Discussion in 'Kathleen Savio' started by Kimster, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

Guilty or hung jury is what I predict.

2. vickij222

vickij222 New Member

I think the DT really failed to bring a good closing argument. I am curious to hear the rebuttal from the prosecution.

Thank you to those that have been doing such an awesome job in keeping us updated!

3. fifteen89

fifteen89 New Member

BBM
    Why can't he be both? Jails are full of people who think they committed 'the perfect crime'.

4. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

There are many other things he could have done rather than take the chance of bringing the crime scene into his home. Plus, he would have to dispose of that particular evidence 2 times vs 1 time. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Guess we have to agree to disagree on this one.

5. back2back19

back2back19 New Member

The defense's closing sounds horrible. Maybe it played better in person than it does on tweets but it sounds dreadful. I just hope the state's rebuttal brings it altogether.

6. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

No offense but the trial wasn't only about hearsay. Have you been following? Did you read the expert testimony ? Witness testimony?

7. Wishbone

He can be both if thats what you want him to be. But having been a cop for as many years as he was, I have to give him a little more credit than that.

8. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Where could he have put them at 3 am in that neighborhood? I can only think of a few places. Some random garbage cans, or dumpsters maybe. But that seems much more dangerous than just going to the safety of his own home.

I am not sure why you think it was so dangerous to wash the clothes there. She was not going to be found for a few hours so he knew he had plenty of time to dispose of the evidence.

9. fifteen89

fifteen89 New Member

<snipped by me>

Good point. DP knows where the dogs in the neighborhood are.

10. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

He had recently been fired for accepting bribes from drug dealers. How much credit does he get for that ? He did lots of stupid things, imo.

11. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I wonder if time was running out. Who knows how long it took him to get to the House. Enter it. Kill Kathleen. Clean up. Think and stage the kitchen to appear she was killed in the a.m. Stacy was calling if he checked his phone. The clothing was the one thing to tie him directly. Perhaps he was just running out of time:moo:

12. Livingthedream

Livingthedream New Member

One last thing for me on this. DP was on foot that night, not in a car. Where in the world was he going to run to, on foot, to dispose of bloody clothes?

He couldn't drop it off in a backyard of a neighbor as it would have been discovered by someone else. Also, in that scenario, he would not be able to go back to that yard during the day to retrieve it as he would be seen.

This is a subdivision, not a strip mall with a multitude of garbage cans. He has no choice to bring the clothes back, IMO.

13. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Did he get teary eyed when he said the bolded part? This guy has issues. Good lord. When did this become about him and his mother? :lol:

14. fifteen89

fifteen89 New Member

IKR. I keep thinking is THIS the "show" we supposedly would want to be front and center for? Is this really the best they've got?

15. LEFT-COASTER

LEFT-COASTER Not to worry, I got the squirrels cornered

This was the point I was going to make.... He was walking..
    He most likely didnt even know that stacey was trying to call him.. as he had his phone turned off.. He most likely figured He would get them washed and stuffed somewhere before stacey woke up and or saw them

16. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of a Sociopath. They dont view the world like the rest of us do. I also think he had Stacy wrapped and terrorized. Why would he care if Stacy saw him washing. Perhaps it was then he told Stacy he had killed Kathleen and said he would do the same to her if she opened her mouth. Guess she did open her mouth and I guess he did kill her too.

17. Jackson44

Jackson44 New Member

Did you all notice how many times Lopez said the word "accident"? By the time he was finished, I figured he would take a sticky with "accident" written on it and stuck it to the forehead of each juror. Really trying to implant that word into their brains. He was very obvious about it!

18. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Twtter just said judge gives 1 hour & 5 min for rebuttal

19. Wishbone

It seems ridiculous to me for him to bring the crime scene home......

20. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

I took it to mean sequestered over night and until they reach a verdict???

I dunno.

Judge White also said that in Illinois, if the jurors ask if they can have the definition of reasonable doubt, the judge is required to tell them no because it is up to them to decide what reasonable doubt is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.