CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session “I asked him [Dr. DiMaio] if he could give me one single case of a healthy adult drowned in a bath tub, and he could not. He could not give me one case where a healthy adult drowned in a bath tub.”

Glasgow says analysis of Defense pathologist is contradiction, should bear little weight compared w/Pros pathologists...

Glasgow: "Their two experts cannot explain the abrasion on the buttocks (snaps fingers) it's gone - it's an artifact."

Glasgow: "Kathleen Savio was a healthy woman when she was in that tub that night."

Glasgow talks about wound on Savio's head, acknowledged it could be caused by a pipe or pool cue, caused by a weapon...

Glasgow says defense expert said Savio wasn't unconscious when fell so why would she stay under water if she slipped down..

prosecutor Glasgow says in DiMaio's reference book, it states a head wound like Savio's could be caused by bat, blunt object...

HEY! :seeya:

I'm swamped at work and will probably not be around when the jury is sent for deliberations. Please ask a mod to open the jury deliberation thread via an alert as soon as closing arguments are completed!

Remember, that discussion is for what was presented at trial. You are all a mock jury. Let's see how you guys vote! And if you want to pick a foreman - go for it! It's for fun!

:grouphug:

BBM:

This. IMO

I agree. I think that Kathleen's family as well as Stacy's family are afraid of Drew. IMO all of the local witnesses who testified for the State are most likely very afraid that Drew will walk.

In Session “You know in your every day life if you have a problem with a brain injury, you’re not going to your general practitioner, you’re going to your neurologist. And she was unwavering in this case that this injury was not caused in that bath tub.” Objection/Sustained. “Look how she’s wedged in that tub . . . half of her foot is blanched. That’s not how someone would come to rest naturally . . . there was dried blood on her face. Dr. Blum said for that to happen, her face couldn’t have been sitting in water. You know that from your every day experiences.”

Glasgow recalls that expert witness could not provide ONE case where a healthy adult drowned in a bathtub.

[ that is huge, imo]

In Session “An issue was raised in regard to when she was killed. Mike VanOver said the rigor was slight when he got there, and the next day the rigor was gone . . . if you go back, that puts you into the early morning hours of Sunday. And that’s the time that Stacy Peterson said that Drew Peterson was gone from the house.

Did you all notice how many times Lopez said the word "accident"? By the time he was finished, I figured he would take a sticky with "accident" written on it and stuck it to the forehead of each juror. Really trying to implant that word into their brains. He was very obvious about it!

:floorlaugh:

In Session “Dr. DiMaio . . . he don’t [sic] work for FOX; he don’t {sic] use Steph Watts to film autopsies, for Girls Gone Wild.” Objection/Sustained. “He [DiMaio] goes to the U.N. . . . they chose him to look at victims of war crimes. They chose him! . . .you don’t need that much water to drown. She slipped down into the tub, which the water made even slicker.”

BBM
This is reference #2. First one was "Autopsies Gone Wild".
Is this really all they've got??????????

In Session “The defendant made statements on national television, and the transcripts of two of those statements have been admitted into evidence. You heard mention by Mr. Lopez of the three-day weekend. When he was on CNN, he was asked about what happened. ‘I don’t know . . . I was working; I was a watch commander at the police department, and the previous night she had failed to respond at the door to allow me to bring the children home . . . that was unusual for her, so I started calling on the phone, and I alerted the neighbors . . .’ Clearly, out of the defendant’s own mouth, that says that he didn’t think this was a three-day weekend. And there were 12 phone calls throughout the day to Kathleen Savio’s house . . . “ Objection. The defense asks for a sidebar.

Glasgow goes over statements Peterson made to media after Savio death, indicates he didn't think it was a 3 day wknd w/kids...

prosecutor Glasgow trying to provide timeline for what happened the weekend of Savio's death.

Glasgow: Drew claims he was afraid to go into Savio house because he was "always accused of something" yet he was watch cmdr...

Glasgow asks why Drew didn't contact Savio family if concerned? Or other cops?

The above only makes sense if Drew is a civilian. he was a cop. He knew the proper procedure for a well being check and that would be calling other LEO, not the neighbors.

If it had been any other address, he would have been derelict in his "Protect & Serve" motto to have done what he did.

And he let regular citizens go into a place where the homeowner (kind of) had been missing for 24 hours??? Again, no call for backup?

#DrewPeterson was the "top banana" at Bolingbrook PD but didn't call Savio's friend or boyfriend when she didn't answer her door.

That blonde on InSession is spot on. Basically she stated how condescending the Defense has been throughout the trial about women.

I'll say it again:
DP and his DT -- birds of a feather, and all that.

Reply Retweet Favorite
4m In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "The reason Drew didn’t go into the house was because he wasn’t there on police business; he was following the divorce court order."

If this were true what right did he have to call a locksmith and break into the home???????? jmo

HEY! :seeya:

I'm swamped at work and will probably not be around when the jury is sent for deliberations. Please ask a mod to open the jury deliberation thread via an alert as soon as closing arguments are completed!

Remember, that discussion is for what was presented at trial. You are all a mock jury. Let's see how you guys vote! And if you want to pick a foreman - go for it! It's for fun!

:grouphug:

Kimster! Use your ray gun, zap all the work into oblivion then get back here with us! This is much more important than WORK...lol

Glasgow is reading transcripts of interviews DP gave on national TV to paint timeline of weekend Savio died.

#DrewPeterson "doesn't want to be the one to find the body."

Glasgow says Drew's behavior after Savio death "shows consciousness of guilt"

Glasgow: #DrewPeterson "collects a band of civilians."

Instead of getting help from other police, Drew only gets civilians to Savio house, even tho it could be dangerous situation...

Glasgow: #DrewPeterson hears scream coming from pitch-black house, but doesn't pull gun.

prosecutor Glasgow says a cop calls other police when doing a well-being check, not "a teenage boy and a woman."

n Session The sidebar ends. “If we look at the defendant’s behavior, he committed the murder on the early hours of Sunday morning. He clearly emphasizes on national television how unusual it was for her not to be there. And he couldn’t go into the house without her accusing him of stealing stuff . . . he was afraid to go into the house. This isn’t a picture of a smooth relationship . . . he’s the watch commander, in uniform, and his wife isn’t there to pick up the kids, isn’t answering the phone. Mary Pontarelli is 35 feet away. And he doesn’t reach out to her? He also doesn’t try to reach out to her boyfriend, Steve Maniaci. He had his phone number . . . he’s the watch commander, the top banana, he’s in charge . . . he’s a sergeant, and he’s the watch commander. He takes the children home, and then a series of phone calls begins from his house to Kathleen Savio’s house. He did an interview on NBC News, and he said ‘I was one of the first people there, and I was actually the watch commander . . . I went ahead and met with her best friend . . . I was planning the next day, Tuesday, to go into her home with the neighbor. But the neighbor wanted to go in that night.’ The neighbor was upset, not the watch commander. ‘Kathy didn’t want me in her house; she was always afraid I was going to steal something.’ I would submit that as a police officer for decades, having gone on wellness checks, as a certified evidence technician, that his behavior shows consciousness of guilt. That Sunday night, he doesn’t go in, because no one has yet found the body . . . he collects a band of civilians, and they go in the house in the middle of the night . . . how many red flags would go off in a policeman’s mind? There could still be an intruder in the house.”

If this were true what right did he have to call a locksmith and break into the home???????? jmo
jumping off your post, lamb chop :)

by doing that he was in violation to that court order....having anyone open a lock at your direction would be in violation...oh wait....but it was OK for that one right Defense! PFFFFFT

Glasgow on #DrewPeterson behavior"She hasn't been heard of or seen for 2days, how many alarms would that set off in an investigator's head?"

Jury leaving the #DrewPeterson courtroom again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member