CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all these years of researching this case, so many files on my old pc, many different conversations, way too many looks at his sick mug a verdict is just around the corner.

I feel just as strong for a conviction as I did for Dear Sweet Caylee.

IMO this man has killed many and has garnered alot of money from his years serving as a LE and undercover.

I really hope with all my heart and soul for Kathy and Stacy that this Jury comes down with a GUILTY verdict across the board.

To add lol, I know were not on verdict watch, but I just cant wait!!!

I'm trying to be positive and send good vibes to the jury.

In that light, I wish I knew what Drew's favorite foods are because I'd love to make a celebration dinner for Mr. Shelby and I that has all of the foods he'll never get to eat again (at least cooked the way he likes them).

After I find out the guilty verdict, I'll be:skip:. Then, I'll probably :sweep: because I've neglected that today. I'll smile because Drew will never get another one of these :cake4u: made for him and hopefully no one will EVER want to do this:cake:with him again. He'll miss the pretty Autumn :leaf: and I hope time moves like a:snail: for him in :jail:

I feel the same. Exactly don't do the crime especially if your in LE. And especially if your a bad cop you should be put in w/ all the other criminals, no excuse except your scared spitless what those other bad guys are gonna do to you. I think this thinking enables the bad cop to continue. They know there is ALWAYS another bad guy willing to help ease their time. imo

Can I petition to have drew serve his time in a women's prison?? well that's no good either, there is always a woman wanting to hook up w/ the bad guy, no matter how smarmy they are. I don't get it cause that kind of guy makes my skin crawl. mho

What an interesting thought, that DP will possibly be in jail with perps that he either put away, or maybe even some who he set up. Wasn't he busted for planting narcotics on somebody? I wonder how many of them might just be waiting to dish out their own form of justice.

Verdict just has to come in tomorrow. I will not be available on Thursday morning.

Dang, I'm putting off minor surgery for this verdict! That's sick, isn't it?

LOL!! What sweet relief a really good chuckle is!! Thank you so much!! You've made me feel only slightly better tho, as I've delayed paying my bills that are due this week...YIKES! Good luck with your minor surgery!! I hope it all goes well for ya! Hoping & praying, (add crossing my fingers too!) for a swift GUILTY verdict!

A case very near to my heart may move forward with hearsay evidence depending on the outcome of this trial. Praying for a guilty verdict.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

A case very near to my heart may move forward with hearsay evidence depending on the outcome of this trial. Praying for a guilty verdict.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I've been re-reading posts and there's a lot of anxiety about a guilty verdict based on evidence that was hearsay or circumstantial. I keep repeating to myself, it is still EVIDENCE. If it was not evidence it would not be allowed in.

We don't just have one or two or a few pieces of evidence, and it's not just a comment here or there. All of those witnesses did not lie. Jury saw photos of the crime scene which was not treated as a crime scene and they saw no evidence of bathing activity, no clothing on the floor, no evidence she took a bath. They heard a litany of statements about Drew threatening violence and most particularly, they heard more than once him bragging that he could make it look like an accident, and they know that as a seasoned police officer he very well could do that.

There is little if no evidence of a bathtub accident. The likelihood of homicide is much larger and there were no other suspects even investigated when it was re-ruled as a homicide. There you have a homicide with one suspect. This suspect's history and behavior tell a story of a serial womanizer who is a bad guy. Not much leap to make when even the defense admits he hated his ex-wife and all they had to go by was trash her and refer to her as a "fighter".

So IMO there is a preponderance of evidence, and NONE of the defense arguments were reasonable. In all of the jury instructions, jurors are told they have the freedom to factor in their own lifelong experiences and use their common sense. Add to that fact by all appearances they are united as reported by people who have been in the court room.

Finally, a lot of people keep referencing that "other verdict" (Orlando). IMO there's a high probability that more than one juror on this case was just as outraged, and that since that verdict, a lot of jurors are even more careful not to do that. These jurors don't want to be labelled as idiots and go down in history with the O.J. and Anthony jurors.

MOO as usual.

Ill be here for the verdict watch along with all of you. Pray to anyone you pray to that a Guilty verdict is rendered.

Oh, man! I wanted the jury to start deliberations with Koch and Glasgows words ringing in their ears.

I am disappointed. I wonder if the jury had any input in this decision? They could have at least started the deliberations by taking a quick vote around the table to see where everyone stood.

IDK, may be better to start fresh in the morning.

ETA: Just how long would it take for the judge to give jury instructions?

I would think, with some preamble, and some "after-amble," within an hour. Actual instructions 30 min; I assume he will need to explain how to fill out the verdict form (of course, I'm basing it off NC procedures), and a bit of instruction as to what to do when they want a break, lunch, or when they have a question.

What about evidence, such as pictures or asking about testimony? Will the evidence be in the jury room or readily accessible w/out them having to ask for it?

I see no reason for them to be late in starting at 9:00 Chi-time, and I'm sure the judge will be ready... Hope Lopez has better drive time tomorrow -- something tells me he will <smh>...

BBm: I vote for all of the above! I know what you mean about the last verdict. I don't look at trials the same way and never will again. A bit "gun shy" and still can not read anything about the case. I have champagne chilled.

LOL Yes we have been tainted. Many Friends who know i follow certain trials will ask my opinion of a Verdict. Now i simply say I will never predict what i think a Jury will render ever. Let's hope Lady Justice can dry her tears from last year and we all can raise our glasses Justice has been served :please:

In that light, I wish I knew what Drew's favorite foods are because I'd love to make a celebration dinner for Mr. Shelby and I that has all of the foods he'll never get to eat again (at least cooked the way he likes them).

After I find out the guilty verdict, I'll be:skip:. Then, I'll probably :sweep: because I've neglected that today. I'll smile because Drew will never get another one of these :cake4u: made for him and hopefully no one will EVER want to do this:cake:with him again. He'll miss the pretty Autumn :leaf: and I hope time moves like a:snail: for him in :jail:

I'm joining you with your positive attitude & sending good, sensible vibes to the jurors! I'm in desperate need of these hopeful, comical postings & this creative, humorous one has sincerely helped!! A little advice, if I may...IF you find out what DP's favorite meal is, & IF you prepare it for Mr Shelby, by all means please! DO NOT put anything in it that one might perhaps be tempted to, IF we here could collectively come up with, IF, we were to be that lucky!!

Where could he have put them at 3 am in that neighborhood? I can only think of a few places. Some random garbage cans, or dumpsters maybe. But that seems much more dangerous than just going to the safety of his own home.

I am not sure why you think it was so dangerous to wash the clothes there. She was not going to be found for a few hours so he knew he had plenty of time to dispose of the evidence.

In reality, unless Drew was in in vehicle other than his own, anyone could have recognized him driving around his neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning. He's a local cop. Everyone in the neighborhood would know him and his vehicles. Best to not be seen, and be off the road, safe at home asap. More of a chance to be seen if out disposing of the clothes versus driving a few blocks at most back to the home he shared with Stacy.

ETA there were people he resided with in the home with Stacy. Anyone one of them waking and finding him not home would increase the odds of getting caught. He couldn't do that when he wanted them as an alibi to say he was home asleep.

Just some random thoughts if i was a Juror. I know i couldn't discuss this with fellow Jurors but i know my thoughts would wander to "who else would have done this" After going thru all the testimony/evidence I would arrive at yes this was a Murder. There was no rape,no robbery,somebody who could enter the home easily. Who wanted her dead? Who had something to gain? All of it points to DP :jail:

Do you want me to drive????
icon10.gif
Ya think I should go ahead & reserve our room now?

Yes, please, borndem! I get the bed by the window if it is double occupancy! Or maybe I'd better take the bed closest to the bathroom!

LOL!

*Sorry, folks, gotta relieve some of this tension.

Circumstantial evidence *is* evidence! And it is usually much more powerful than Direct evidence. Hearsay is also very powerful. Do you really think people are going to get up on the stand and make up stories about what they were told? For what reason would they lie and perjure themselves? Did they all get together to compare stories so what they said would corroborate each other? Really???

You know why there had to be hearsay in this case at all? Because Drew Peterson murdered his 4th wife--the very one who could have testified about what she heard, what she knew, and what DP told her.

Those who couldn't convict DP because it's "just a circumstantial case" are people who hopefully won't be in the position to ever make such a determination. If someone refuses to consider guilt in a circumstantial case then by default what they are saying is they need an eye witness to the murder, a confession, and/or a video of the murder occurring. Because everything else? Is, by legal definition, circumstantial, including all forensic evidence! Guess what? CSI is a crime show. It's not real life. There isn't always a blood trail leading right to the perp with a big bloody arrow.

Circumstantial evidence *is* evidence! And it is usually much more powerful than Direct evidence. Hearsay is also very powerful. Do you really think people are going to get up on the stand and make up stories about what they were told? For what reason would they lie and perjure themselves? Did they all get together to compare stories so what they said would corroborate each other? Really???

You know why there had to be hearsay in this case at all? Because Drew Peterson murdered his 4th wife--the very one who could have testified about what she heard, what she knew, and what DP told her.

Those who couldn't convict DP because it's "just a circumstantial case" are people who hopefully won't be in the position to ever make such a determination. If someone refuses to consider guilt in a circumstantial case then by default what they are saying is they need an eye witness to the murder, a confession, and/or a video of the murder occurring. Because everything else? Is, by legal definition, circumstantial, including all forensic evidence! Guess what? CSI is a crime show. It's not real life. There isn't always a blood trail leading right to the perp with a big bloody arrow.

Well said. If the Jurors understand this as they should. Verdict should be Guilty. I really hope the Instructions tomorrow are clear and concise.

GREAT POST, Shelby1!!

Yes, please, borndem! I get the bed by the window if it is double occupancy! Or maybe I'd better take the bed closest to the bathroom!

LOL!

*Sorry, folks, gotta relieve some of this tension.

LOL That's how i deal too. Could whomever is reserving perhaps set aside a whole wing. I think there may be a few more of us LOL

LOL Yes we have been tainted. Many Friends who know i follow certain trials will ask my opinion of a Verdict. Now i simply say I will never predict what i think a Jury will render ever. Let's hope Lady Justice can dry her tears from last year and we all can raise our glasses Justice has been served :please:

Beautiful post, Bravo. I'm with you all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member