GUILTY CO - 26 toddlers found behind false wall at daycare, Colorado Springs, 13 Nov 2019 *arrest*

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Having more kids than it's licensed to care for - that's what a Colorado Springs day care provider is being accused of.

Colorado Springs Police said when they went to do a welfare check Wednesday, more than two dozen kids were found hiding behind a false wall that led to the basement.

Police said when they arrived, owner Carla Faith was refusing to cooperate despite officers hearing the children. They found 26 kids under the age of three in the basement of Play Mountain Place on Willamette Avenue with two adults.
Colorado Springs day care provider under investigation

Wow -- sounds like it all came to a head in a hurry. Now all these parents have to find another good care center in a hurry -- and that is something you cannot hurry. SMH. What a mess.

Wow -- sounds like it all came to a head in a hurry. Now all these parents have to find another good care center in a hurry -- and that is something you cannot hurry. SMH. What a mess.

Off the top of my head, I read they closed down 2 centers. So now you've got all these people scrambling. I hope at least some of them have friends and family that can help in a pinch.

Off the top of my head, I read they closed down 2 centers. So now you've got all these people scrambling. I hope at least some of them have friends and family that can help in a pinch.
Yes, like you, from what I've read, the owner ran two separate centers. I hope these parents do have some type of back-up, but I'm betting most of them do not. Again, what a mess. Some of these parents might lose their jobs due to not having day care for their child(ren).

A google of childcare.us I believe it is liked with her name shows quite a few complaints. The most severe in 2017. Although not what for and says it was unfounded.

Unfounded like a fake wall?

Not judging, but nobody caught on? I'm old now, but back in the day parents chatted, and discussed. Understanding that today so many parents are juggling just to keep above water.

At first read I thought perhaps the owner was immigrant and caring for immigrants children. Not being PC nor judging, but in Philly they have kids in daycares run by immigrants caring for the children of imigrants who escaped horrid conditions. Well, children all on top of eachother at nap time without a mat or blankie beats their grandparents Cambodia no doubt about it. Killing Fields.

This woman? Who knows? Is this 2019? It's insanity.

Carla Faith, 58, was arrested Monday and bonded out the following day, a spokesperson with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office confirms. Faith's bond had been set at $3,000.

Faith faces charges of child abuse without injury-knowingly/reckless and charges of attempting to influence a public servant.

Colorado's Department of Human Services also shut down in-home day cares on 1319 Franklin St. and 814 Willamette Ave.

Records show all four properties are owned by Faith, and authorities say all were unlicensed.

Parents of 19 of the children found hidden inside Play Mountain Place have filed a lawsuit against Faith for negligence, our news partners The Gazette reported on Dec. 5.

Faith has faced similar allegations before; California state records show Faith was under investigation in the late 90s for operating unlicensed child care centers. In the early 90s, the LA Times reports Faith was placed on five years' probation for taking more children than legally allowed on a field trip -- a trip parents were never notified about.

Click here to read documents provided to 11 News by DHS, which includes Faith's applications and complaints against her.
1 month after raid uncovers children hidden behind false wall, day care operator arrested

Ouch!! What was she thinking -- or was she not thinking? It sounds like -- before this was discovered -- that the parents were pleased with the care provided.
Thanks for the update -- it doesn't sound like any of the kids were mal-treated really.
Just wild..

Carla Faith, 58, was arrested Monday in Colorado Springs on suspicion of two counts of reckless child abuse without injury and a single count of trying to influence a public servant.

Two employees — Katelynne Nelson, 31, and Christina Swauger, 35, — were arrested on related charges.

Faith posted $3,000 bond Wednesday. Her next court appearance was set for Jan. 2.

Colorado daycare owner arrested after kids found behind false wall

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back