CO - 3 killed in shootout near/at Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, 27 Nov 2015 *Arrest*

Planned Parenthood Shooting: Remembering the lives lost in Colorado Springs a year later
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ing-remembering-the-lives-lost-one-year-later

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- It's been a year since the lives of dozens in Colorado Springs were changed forever, after a gunman stormed a Planned Parenthood clinic and opened fire, killing three people and injuring nine others, including five Colorado Springs Police Department officers."

Snip

"UCCS Office Garret Swasey, a loving father and pastor

UCCS Police Officer Garrett Swasey, 44, was a family man and church pastor as well as a champion ice skater who loved playing the guitar."

Snip

"Jennifer Markovsky, remembered as kind-hearted person

"She was the most lovable person," Ah-King told the newspaper from his home in Hawaii. "So kind-hearted, just always there when I needed her."

Markovsky's sister-in-law, Julia Miller, said Markovsky was "a sweet person, very kind to everyone.""

Snip

"Ke'Arre Stewart was always there for friends

Ke'Arre Stewart, an Army veteran who served in Iraq, was among the three killed at the clinic."

Snip

""He was a stand-up guy," she said. "If you were hungry, he fed you. If you were cold and needed a ride, he was just there. He was a good friend and an amazing listener.""

*more at link

El Paso County's top judge to retire, requiring new judge to preside in Robert Dear case
El Paso County's top judge will retire this summer, spurring a search for someone new to preside over the case of admitted Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Lewis Dear Jr.

Fourth Judicial District Chief Judge Gilbert Martinez, a nearly three-decade veteran of the local bench, submitted his retirement notice in late February, he confirmed Wednesday. His retirement becomes effective July 31.

Planned Parenthood shooter again found incompetent to stand trial
Looking gaunt and staring with a fixed, wide-eyed gaze, admitted Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Dear Jr. was again deemed mentally incompetent Thursday, extending his legal limbo into its second year.

With no trial date in sight, Dear, 59, sounded off repeatedly during a brief status update in 4th Judicial District Court. He complained about “forced drugs,” goaded El Paso County District Attorney Dan May and the presiding judge, and wished a “happy late Mother’s Day” to women who haven’t had abortions.

Planned Parenthood shooter incompetent to stand trial, but can be forcibly medicated, judges rule
Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Lewis Dear Jr. remains incompetent to stand trial, but can be forced to take medication if he refuses treatment, prosecutors said in court Thursday.

While the competency ruling by a Colorado Springs judge means the case remains on hold, prosecutor Donna Billek alluded to coming "changes" brought on by an Aug. 17 order by Pueblo District Judge Jill S. Matoon permitting the Colorado State Mental Health Institute at Pueblo to medicate Dear against his will.

Judge Rules Planned Parenthood Shooter Still Mentally Incompetent

So he was ruled incompetent again 3 weeks ago. Interesting. Is he receiving medication yet? I thought the judge ruled he was supposed to be given the medication.

Amazing that someone can murder three people with premeditation and not be put on trial.

Maybe not when you take into consideration that Colorado Springs is conservative and home to Focus on the Family. I'm guessing but I imagine they have a lot of $$$ and pull. I kinda lost track of where I was going with that.

From what I've read I think he is competent and should stand trial. Ofc, I don't have all the information.

Looks like his attorney is Daniel King. King was also Holmes lawyer.

Maybe not when you take into consideration that Colorado Springs is conservative and home to Focus on the Family. I'm guessing but I imagine they have a lot of $$$ and pull. I kinda lost track of where I was going with that.

From what I've read I think he is competent and should stand trial. Ofc, I don't have all the information.

Looks like his attorney is Daniel King. King was also Holmes lawyer.

That's really a crime and a shame, if true. Unreal. Remember this story when some of the public is baying for the blood of some innocent person wrongly accused of a crime.

I still remember the day this happened like it was yesterday. As a native it’s hard not to find this ruling frustrating, but thankfully he will be held until the time he’s found competent.

I still remember the day this happened like it was yesterday. As a native it’s hard not to find this ruling frustrating, but thankfully he will be held until the time he’s found competent.
I also remember watching this unfold. I'm holding out that this guy will be found competent at some point too.

Robert Dear indicted by federal grand jury on 68 counts
"I am not crazy. I am just a religious zealot," Dear said in court.

“Robert Lewis Dear, Jr., 61, appeared before a federal magistrate judge at 2 p.m. Monday in Denver after he was taken into custody Monday morning at the State Mental Hospital in Pueblo, where he has been held as his state mental competency hearingshave been ongoing. But he waived his first appearance, which will now be held on Friday.”

Snip

“U.S. Attorney for Colorado Jason Dunn has not decided whether to seek the death penalty in the case, and the office said it would consult with victims’ families in making that decision.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back