Deceased/Not Found CO - Aarone Thompson, 4, Aurora, 2003 *A. Thompson guilty*

Just thinking, when searching the home for info concerning this little girl, wouldn't you think investigators could tell if the little girl had been there recently or actually been gone for over a year. I am looking around my house and see signs of each of us, dirty clothes, a dish, a cup, toys messed up bed ect.... If this baby has been gone for more than a year these things would not be here, but if she really had been gone a couple of hours there would have been signs of her being there. Either way this should tell a lot. Just thinking. This case is so weird. Someone, probably more than someone knows what has happened to this little girl.

mysteriew said:
With the parents refusing interviews so soon into the investigation, I tend to believe they have something to hide. If Aarone did run away, then by talking with LE, the father and stepmother could produce info about witnesses who had seen Aarone in the last 18 mos. That would mitigate some of the story the witness who provided the tip told. But the parents won't even do that.
They could take an attorney to the police interview, if they questioned the fact that police might not treat them fairly. I just don't see any justification for them not meeting with police, if they really thought that their child was out there missing.
Totally agree. Since the evening he reported hermissing, the father has not had any conversation with law enforcement. I don't think the Auror police would run the risk of not searching for a six year old without clear reason/evidence that she is not alive and had in fact died some time ago. The evidence that they do have is being very closely guarded ...

Community response to the searches has been very poor, I think that shows an indication of what the community believes.

For nearly three hours Saturday, investigators dragged a radar device over the floors in an Aurora home, hoping to unearth clues - if not the body - of 6-year-old Aaroné Thompson.

Outside, volunteers again searched for clues by knocking on doors a few blocks away.

They found nothing they would comment on later.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3255304

mysteriew said:
Community response to the searches has been very poor, I think that shows an indication of what the community believes.
As member of the community I feel compeled to point out that it is not a lack of concern that this child is missing. Coverage has been ongoing locally but almost nonexistant nationally. Outrage is high and I think many people are trying to keep a somewhat open mind hoping that Aaone is found alive. The so-called father has not made any attempt to search, which many people feel is an indication of the worst. Indications today are that Aaron Thompson is more concerned about the rest of the children's statements to law enforcement. Questions have been raised such as to why the grandfathers are expressing concern now when they have not seen any of the children in over a year. The Aurora police are being very thorough - including conducting interviews in Florida where this family vacationed in Disney World last year (although how a large family on public assistance can afford a trip to Disney World is beyond me). There is a real frustration here ... how do you search for a child who hasn't been seen in at least 12 months and whose only picture is over 18 months old? At this risk of being politically INcorrect, how do you search for a ghost?

I did not mean any slight to the community. All I meant was that the small response to the searches, gave indication to what they believe happened. Normally when a 6 year old goes missing, if there is any hope of recovery at all, you would get a large turnout for the searches. The community has been given two stories about the events. One is that she went missing recently, the other is that she was last seen over 18 mos ago and is presumed dead. If the community thought the first story might possibly be true, the community would have been there. To me the poor turnout is not a reflection on the community, so much as an indication of what the community believes happened.
Despite the family getting the churches involved (I wonder if Aarone's father regularly took the kids to church, prior to Aarone being missing, and I have noticed that no church members are talking about seeing Aarone) and despite the families press conference's, no one is buying the families stories.

I never got the idea from the posts so far that the community did not care.
But I thank you for letting us know how things are going for the people there.
Please keep us posted on how things are going. Thanks
Greywing said:
As member of the community I feel compeled to point out that it is not a lack of concern that this child is missing. Coverage has been ongoing locally but almost nonexistant nationally. Outrage is high and I think many people are trying to keep a somewhat open mind hoping that Aaone is found alive. The so-called father has not made any attempt to search, which many people feel is an indication of the worst. Indications today are that Aaron Thompson is more concerned about the rest of the children's statements to law enforcement. Questions have been raised such as to why the grandfathers are expressing concern now when they have not seen any of the children in over a year. The Aurora police are being very thorough - including conducting interviews in Florida where this family vacationed in Disney World last year (although how a large family on public assistance can afford a trip to Disney World is beyond me). There is a real frustration here ... how do you search for a child who hasn't been seen in at least 12 months and whose only picture is over 18 months old? At this risk of being politically INcorrect, how do you search for a ghost?

I live in Eastern Colorado and we get the Rocky Mountain News delivered daily at work. I always look for updates on this case and we daily check online for the updates on the three local stations via video. We have all formed the OPINION that all is not right with the family. At each new revelation by the authorities, it would appear that she just didn't go missing a week ago.

How the devil can the father and his girlfriend demand copies of the interviews of the children when he can't bother to co-operate with the police himself.

For crying out loud, there's a child missing or dead and the family and church spokesmen have to pull a race card. Something is definitely rotten in this case. Do the family think they can hide forever without facing the authorities? The searches are half-hearted at best and still the family remains "secluded".

Not defending the family or anything, but I have read that the g/f was hospitalized due to pregnancy complications. They are using that as the excuse for the father not being present at the searches. Personally, if my child was missing, I would at least be trying to split my time between the hospital and the searches.
Wonder if she really was hospitalized?

Yes, I had heard that also. She's supposedly due December 1st and has complications. One of the Reverends stated in a press conference that the police had an opportunity to interview the dad and his girlfriend when they responded to the missing report the first day. I'm sorry, but I don't think that questioning someone at the scene when it's first reported is considered interviewing in depth, nor would that be the proper time to do a full interview.

BarnGoddess said:
I live in Eastern Colorado and we get the Rocky Mountain News delivered daily at work. I always look for updates on this case and we daily check online for the updates on the three local stations via video. We have all formed the OPINION that all is not right with the family. At each new revelation by the authorities, it would appear that she just didn't go missing a week ago.

How the devil can the father and his girlfriend demand copies of the interviews of the children when he can't bother to co-operate with the police himself.

For crying out loud, there's a child missing or dead and the family and church spokesmen have to pull a race card. Something is definitely rotten in this case. Do the family think they can hide forever without facing the authorities? The searches are half-hearted at best and still the family remains "secluded".

The father is in no position to be demanding anything from the police department. As harsh as it sounds, at the very most, he is considered a witness. The department's responsibility is to the little girl at this point.

KatherineQ said:
She has at least one child who lives with her right now - a 15 year old daughter. When he left Denver with the two children they had together, Aarone and Little Aaron, he refused to tell her where he was going, and she had the four kids she already had to raise from other fathers. I don't think she's capable of much, really, and it was all she could do to raise the four she had without trying to track him down for her other two. His parents have now requested custody of Aaron the boy, and the girlfriend is pregnant again so they are requesting custody of the baby when it's born.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3237873

Wow, she sucks worse than I orignally thought. HOW about some freaking birth control for these people?????

Jeana (DP) said:
Wow, she sucks worse than I orignally thought. HOW about some freaking birth control for these people?????
And now for an update: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5420015/detail.html

AURORA, Colo. -- 7NEWS has learned that some of the items found inside the home of a missing 6-year-old girl has raised more eyebrows.

While police officers executed a search warrant of Aarone Thompson's home, they discovered items associated with alleged criminal activity but not connected to the ongoing homicide investigation, 7NEWS reported.

Credible sources told 7NEWS that during the searches, which have been taking place since Nov. 17, police found several fake drivers licenses and identifications belonging to Sheley Lowe. The same sources say the items appear to be connected to felony criminal activity.

Police say Lowe and Aarone's father, Aaron Thompson, continue to refuse requests for interviews and polygraph tests.

They have both been named "persons of interest" in the case of the missing girl. Her father said she ran away on Nov. 14 when they fought over a cookie. Police believe she has been dead for more than a year and a half.

"The way I see it, if you not doing no interviews, you're not cooperating, you refuse the lie detector tests. If you think that makes you look innocent, it don't," said Lynette Thompson, Aarone's biological mother, who lives in Detroit.

Lynette Thompson urged her estranged husband and his girlfriend to work with police in uncovering the truth about the 6-year-old's unexplained disappearance.

"If they don't have nothing to hide and they're so convinced she's just missing or he's so convinced that is really what happened on the 14th of November -- that she just walked that day and hadn't been missing for almost a year or two -- yeah, go on and take that lie detector test. You shouldn't have nothing to hide," she said.

This is so sad.

After finding evidence of criminal activity on Lowe, why don't they arrest her for that? That could be the opening of a split between Lowe and Thompson. Likely they are hesitant to make an arrest at this time, due to her advanced state of pregnancy and to the alleged complications she is having. Could the church members who are so certain that the family is innocent, be counted on to bail her out?

I am so glad they have her in protective custody. I wondered if they would be able to take her. Now I hope that LE will be filing charges for the criminal activity she was engaged in.

Maybe they will take her in for questioning now that she's had the baby. I hope something breaks this case and the truth comes out concerning this little girl. Doesn't the dad and his girlfriend get it yet...no one has seen that little girl for a long time! Even the kids have said that she hasn't been in the home for a period of time. How long do they think they can hide out and avoid the police? Glad that they took the baby right out of the hospital. At least all of the kids are safe now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back