Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

The unlocked car with keys inside is the real clue. Where Amy's car was parked there was no cell phone service. Leaving your phone in the car is understandable. But leaving the keys in the car and the car unlocked doesn't make sense unless you plan on staying in the immediate vicinity.

It's still possible that she simply slipped into the river. Searchers are not perfect and may just have missed finding the body.

The remains found on Lookout Mountain may just be an unlucky solo hiker. There are plenty of places on the Beaver Brook trail where you could slip, hit your head on a rock and roll down the mountain and out of sight.

If the remains do belong to Amy, someone knows what happened and parked her car up the canyon to mislead investigators.
It seems to me that whether or not her body would have been found if she had gone in the river is probably a complex question. You not only have to figure in people searching specifically for Amy, but other people who come in contact with Clear Creek downstream (it's a well traveled area) and the mechanics of how Coors, the city of Golden and other industries/municipalities divert water from Clear Creek (there have to be filtering devices at some point that capture things being carried by the river).

It seems to me that whether or not her body would have been found if she had gone in the river is probably a complex question. You not only have to figure in people searching specifically for Amy, but other people who come in contact with Clear Creek downstream (it's a well traveled area) and the mechanics of how Coors, the city of Golden and other industries/municipalities divert water from Clear Creek (there have to be filtering devices at some point that capture things being carried by the river).

I rate her slipping into the river and her body never being found as possible, not likely.

It's more likely that she came to harm at the hands of some unknown person. If it happened where her car was found, one person could have done it. If somewhere else, dropping off her car in the canyon was an attempt to divert attention away from the scene of the crime.

If someone dropped off her car, how did they get home again? It's a long walk to anywhere resembling civilization from that spot.

Seems like if the remains were those of a known missing person, a DNA match could have been made quickly. Dylan was identified within a few days, from just a few bone fragments.

I'm checking every day for an update. I can't find anything that says if the remains found on Lookout Mtn. were ID'd or not.

I'm checking every day for an update. I can't find anything that says if the remains found on Lookout Mtn. were ID'd or not.

Thought there might have been an answer when I saw a new post listed... but sadly no... glad you are checking!

Bumping for Amy.
:bump:

Travis Forbes? ARS? Mountain Lion (if she indeed went hiking)?

Bumping for Amy
:bump:

Any id on those remains yet? I guess not, since we haven't heard anything...

The rivers and creeks are raging everywhere in Colorado. I live across from the Colorado river, I have lived here 8 years and I have never seen it so high and swift. It has been running at full bore for about the last month here, I would say it is up about 10 feet.

I hope she is found soon .... :(

After just experiencing the recent floods here first hand, I can not help but wonder about this...but Travis Forbes is still at the top of my list.

Perhaps the raging rivers/streams will unearth or bring something to the surface and she'll finally be found...

I have checked via search engines for Amy since she went missing. This is truly a strange case and I have wondered just what happened to her. I was hoping this post was news. I have never been able to form an opinion on what happened.

Somebody posted in the comments section that maybe the remains jsut found were Kim Remmel. She has a WS thread as well. Since I know nothing about these areas, I have no idea if it's near where she was thought to be going.

I have checked via search engines for Amy since she went missing. This is truly a strange case and I have wondered just what happened to her. I was hoping this post was news. I have never been able to form an opinion on what happened.

Her's is a strange case - strange in that it did not garner that much attention in the Media, and even here on WS. Strange in that (like you said) it's difficult to form an opinion - was it an accident, suicide, or murder?

Her's is a strange case - strange in that it did not garner that much attention in the Media, and even here on WS. Strange in that (like you said) it's difficult to form an opinion - was it an accident, suicide, or murder?

Yep, it's hard to figure it out, and her family at first thought she had gone to hike I think. I have read everything I could find because she reminds me of someone I knew once. Just a real mystery.

I thought for sure there would be an update by now. Where is Amy? I just don't see how she would have pulled over to take a hike when she was due to be at work. She would have been dressed in work clothing. Clipped from Denver Channel News:
"It's of concern to us that her purse, her phone, and her keys were left in her car, and the door was left unlocked. That's not typically what you do if you're going to go for a hike," said Jacki Kelley, a spokeswoman with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

I thought for sure there would be an update by now. Where is Amy? I just don't see how she would have pulled over to take a hike when she was due to be at work. She would have been dressed in work clothing. Clipped from Denver Channel News:
"It's of concern to us that her purse, her phone, and her keys were left in her car, and the door was left unlocked. That's not typically what you do if you're going to go for a hike," said Jacki Kelley, a spokeswoman with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

So strange - the way things were left in her car. What to make of it? It suggests something one might do if they just going to take a very quick look at the river - but why drive all the way out there to do that?

What reason could she have had for going out there?

If she were going to commit suicide there - does that make sense? Sounds too strange a way....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back