Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

I just got through rereading this thread and wanted to comment on a few things.. sorry, I got to the end of the thread so it will take too long to find the posts I would have wanted to quote, so I will have to paraphrase.

Some have mentioned skepticism about the way the media has changed their story about the call to 911 and the patrolman making contact with Amy that night. I tend to agree. The original reports, imo, were detailed enough that I'm not entirely convinced that there was a miscommunication.

The following article states:

Amy Ahonen, 38, disappeared on July 8. Her abandoned jeep was found on Highway 6 west of Golden, with her belongings still inside. Officials with the Colorado State Patrol said she called 911 asking for help with her vehicle that night.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/07/...put-up-flyers-after-officials-suspend-search/

This article goes so far as to say:

Fox 31 reports that the Colorado State Patrol made brief contact with Ahonen at around 10 p.m. Friday night after a driver saw her vehicle on the side of the highway.

Ahonen reportedly told the responding trooper that she didn’t need any help
, according to Colorado State Patrol spokesperson Eric Wynn.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...ver-woman-whose-car-was-found-along-colorado/

I might be more accepting of a misunderstanding if it simply said she called 911 or that a trooper made contact with her, but if it were a miscommunication where did the other details (needed help with her car, driver that saw her vehicle and called police) come from? The only way I can think of that it makes sense if someone else called 911 from the same area and a trooper made contact with that person, then heard about Amy and assumed it was the same person he'd talked to when it actually wasn't.

Someone else asked about cameras and I noticed this article which states:

Investigators are also reviewing the traffic cameras at the corner of her condo complex to see if they can see Ahonen leaving in her Jeep and if she was alone or with someone.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/missing-woman-got-creeped-out-by-roomate-ad-responses

But I never saw an update as to whether anything was found on the cameras.

I've also seen some posts stating that her hiking gear was left at home, but according to this article it was in the car:

Her car was found on the side of Highway 6 in Jefferson County, Colo., with her belongings in it, including the keys in the consul, her purse under the seat and her hiking backpack in the vehicle. The car was left unlocked.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-co...n-craigslist-advertise-room/story?id=14097560

While I am still skeptical of the explanation that the initial reports were wrong, one thing that makes me tend to believe that the initial reports were wrong is that it wouldn't make sense for her to say she didn't need help at 10pm when she was supposed to be at work at 6pm.

I also wonder about the supposed man that was seen with her at 3pm, was there anywhere to park nearby? How did he get there if there wasn't another vehicle? If the sighting is accurate (which I don't necessarily think it is), he would have had to get there in her vehicle, right?

Very strange if she called for help, and then said she did not need it. Can that be right?

Very strange if she called for help, and then said she did not need it. Can that be right?

Those were two separate accounts that were reported... one was that she called 911 for help with her vehicle, and the other was that someone else drove by and saw her car on the side of the road, called for help, and Amy told the responding officer that she didn't need help.

Although it was later claimed that both those accounts were errors and corrected it to say that they only tagged her car.

But it's not quite sitting right with me.

Those were two separate accounts that were reported... one was that she called 911 for help with her vehicle, and the other was that someone else drove by and saw her car on the side of the road, called for help, and Amy told the responding officer that she didn't need help.

Although it was later claimed that both those accounts were errors and corrected it to say that they only tagged her car.

But it's not quite sitting right with me.

It doesn't sit right with me either. If she actually contacted the police and someone spoke with her, that could provide a lot of insight into her mental state, clothing, etc.
I'm not sure how the story could get from her having contact with LE to her car just being tagged. Not sure how these discrepancies came about.

I've been trying to read up on the case details but there is a lot of conflicting information online. I always thought Amy was scheduled to report to work the day she went missing, but I can't find confirmation of that now. It was reported that she didn't have her hiking backpack with her, but then I also read it was found in her car. Then there was an early witness statement where someone claimed they saw her hiking up from the river with a man. Was that looked into and debunked?
I wish I could get clear info on
1. If Amy was due at work that day.
2. The last sighting of her was 1 a.m. the night before (her room mate) No one saw her at all on Friday? Did she mention any plans for her day to anyone?
3. Was her backpack found in the car or was it at home?
4. Whose remains were found on Lookout Mountain in August? MSM has zero updates.
5. Has Travis Forbes been cleared by LE?
So many questions and so few answers about what happened to Amy.

I've been trying to read up on the case details but there is a lot of conflicting information online. I always thought Amy was scheduled to report to work the day she went missing, but I can't find confirmation of that now. It was reported that she didn't have her hiking backpack with her, but then I also read it was found in her car. Then there was an early witness statement where someone claimed they saw her hiking up from the river with a man. Was that looked into and debunked?
I wish I could get clear info on
1. If Amy was due at work that day.
2. The last sighting of her was 1 a.m. the night before (her room mate) No one saw her at all on Friday? Did she mention any plans for her day to anyone?
3. Was her backpack found in the car or was it at home?
4. Whose remains were found on Lookout Mountain in August? MSM has zero updates.
5. Has Travis Forbes been cleared by LE?
So many questions and so few answers about what happened to Amy.

Agreed. Same questions here.

Today is a sad day, as we are relieved to finally have some closure regarding Amy, however it is hard news to bear. We thought it only fair to share the news with all of you, friends and family both, that have shared in this heartbreaking journey these last few years. Some remains that were found have been confirmed to be those of our beloved Amy. That is all the information we have at this time. Please keep us in your prayers, but respect the family's privacy as we deal with this hardship. Thank you so much for all your prayers, kind words, thoughts and time! We are very blessed to have all of you in our lives and to know Amy was so loved.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindamy

I am so sorry to hear that Amy's remains have been found.

RIP, beautiful girl. <3

(Police) talked to (Forbes) and he said he didn&#8217;t do it. But he said that before in (the Monge) case,&#8221; Andrea Ahonen said.

Family members also asked investigators to find the man who responded to a roommate ad the victim placed on Craigslist. Amy thought he was so &#8220;creepy&#8221; that she immediately took the ad down, family said. Andrea said police searched Amy&#8217;s computer but found nothing.

This story will be updated as more information arrives.

http://kdvr.com/2014/03/06/family-says-remains-of-missing-woman-amy-ahonen-found/

Sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Amy. Have any other details been released?

Not yet, but I've always thought Travis Forbes was her murderer.

Not yet, but I've always thought Travis Forbes was her murderer.

One article said her remains were found in 2 different locations in Metro Denver. Definitely sounds like a murder. So sad.

Travis Forbes comes to mind, and now I'm also wondering if Austin Sigg could have had anything to do with this. Forbes didn't dismember his victims, but we know AS did. Clear creek isn't far from Westminster at all-less than 30 miles. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, and she was found in creek beds, and this isn't as ominous as it sounds. Either way, I feel so sorry for her poor family. RIP beautiful Amy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back