Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

Just finding the news of Amy's remains... :rose:

So sorry & heartbroken for this ending but yet so glad she's finally coming home.

I am still confused. Were her remains found in two places that they could have been if she fell into the water? Or do the locations seem to mean that there could be (even more of a chance of) foul play?

I am still confused. Were her remains found in two places that they could have been if she fell into the water? Or do the locations seem to mean that there could be (even more of a chance of) foul play?

I think the two places are along the creek/river, or at least close enough such that it does not indicate foul-play...
CMIIW anyone..

If I recall correctly, Clear Creek had high water levels at the time Amy disappeared. The remains were found in two places, one alongside the creek and a second in the creek. This is consistent with an accidental death. Amy slipping on the rocks near where her car was found and drowning in the swift waters of Clear Creek.

I had always pegged TF for Amy's disappearance too and didn't have the fortitude to follow Jessica's case once ARS was arrested.

I would so like to believe this was a hiking accident and perhaps Occam's Razor says it was, but the fact that where her car was parked was not an established hiking area just throws it all into question for me.

CBS4’s Howard Nathan visited the place west of Golden where Ahonen’s black 2006 Jeep Liberty was found and noticed a few things. It’s been said she liked to hike, but as Nathan looked around the spot on Highway 6 where her Jeep was found, he noticed it’s not a place to hike because of the steep cliffs

I seem to recall many people/LE opining this same thing when Amy first disappeared.

And, maybe more so, since when do different jurisdictions fight over an accident?

The next step in the case is deciding which agency will lead the investigation. It was a missing person’s case for Denver, but with remains being found in Wheat Ridge the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department could also lead the case.

No, the report is not explicitly stating LE is jockeying for position, but I think that is an undertone, perhaps?

Hi Spamelope, :seeya:

I'm freaking out over here. Is this the work of ARS? I'm getting a really bad feeling looking at the maps. This has Sigg written all over it, possibly. jmo

Hi, Margarita! When I first heard they found poor Amy's remains in two different places, I immediately thought of Sigg. His MO is dismemberment. But since her remains were found in the creek, I leaned more towards her having fallen in. I think he would have posed her, taken souvenirs, etc. but I don't think he would have put her in the water. I can't remember which article it was, but the author said he went by where her car was, and he could see how it would be easy to fall in because of the terrain. I want to think it was just an accident, and Amy didn't suffer for long. I do wonder if Sigg had anything to do with Kim Remmel's disappearance, though.

Hi, Margarita! When I first heard they found poor Amy's remains in two different places, I immediately thought of Sigg. His MO is dismemberment. But since her remains were found in the creek, I leaned more towards her having fallen in. I think he would have posed her, taken souvenirs, etc. but I don't think he would have put her in the water. I can't remember which article it was, but the author said he went by where her car was, and he could see how it would be easy to fall in because of the terrain. I want to think it was just an accident, and Amy didn't suffer for long. I do wonder if Sigg had anything to do with Kim Remmel's disappearance, though.

Dropping Amy's car where it was was found requires that at least two people involved in a crime. The spot on highway 6 in Clear Creek canyon isn't near any homes, businesses, public transportation or walking trails. Even calling a friend for a ride after dumping the car would have been problematic, as until recently cell phones didn't work in that part of the canyon.

Even if Amy was murdered, the place where her car was found doesn't fit with a lone wolf killer like AS.

Hmmm. We live in the Boulder area, not too far from Golden, and hike a lot. I can tell you we never leave our keys and cell phones in the car! We always take our phones, just in case something happens, even though the signal can be spotty in the mountains. We also take ID. Credit cards and stuff are usually with the IDs...
And no way would someone hike at 10PM alone here-there are too many dangerous animals to look out for, including mountain lions, bears, coyotes, snakes and the like. I hope she is OK!

:bump:

Is there any to do a rewind downstairs for the night in question? Peachy? TIA

Dropping Amy's car where it was was found requires that at least two people involved in a crime. The spot on highway 6 in Clear Creek canyon isn't near any homes, businesses, public transportation or walking trails. Even calling a friend for a ride after dumping the car would have been problematic, as until recently cell phones didn't work in that part of the canyon.

Even if Amy was murdered, the place where her car was found doesn't fit with a lone wolf killer like AS.

:bump:

Last thought before I hit the sack :eek:fftobed: ...

MJK was recently ruled out in Lyric's and Elizabeth's deaths. I was sure it was Klunder.

In other words, if Amy was murdered, what if it wasn't ARS or TF?

I was just thinking of this case- a "mom friend" of mine is friends with her- and I saw her post a while back on our other board but couldn't remember her name. I am interested in knowing if there is still an investigation into who may have caused her death if it isn't an accident- was it ruled an accident or suicide?

I just saw this article:
http://kdvr.com/2014/03/06/family-says-remains-of-missing-woman-amy-ahonen-found/

So sad for her, her friends, her family.

Strange case. Searching of any new news..... nothing really, seems like the case ended back in March when some of her remains were found....

I did see this -
Officials with the Colorado State Patrol also indicated that she called 911 asking for help with her vehicle that night.
But when a trooper arrived, Ahonen reportedly told him that she didn’t need any help. -
http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/tag/missing/

I don't remember reading that before.... - why would any gal do that, out there alone at night :waitasec: :confused:?

Strange case. Searching of any new news..... nothing really, seems like the case ended back in March when some of her remains were found....

I did see this -

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/tag/missing/

I don't remember reading that before.... sounds like she was there at night :waitasec: :confused: - why would any gal do that?

Yeah that is very odd. Honestly I consider myself to be pretty adventurous- bordering on getting myself into scary situations (when I was young and wild, not anymore) - and I would never have been in that scenario. Late at night... Rejecting help from a trooper... So odd

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I spent the day today out here today, mile marker...
I don't know what to think, my instincts tell me she didn't fall in the creek---popular pass, lots of traffic, main route to mountains, Black Hawk...going to sleep on it---people do park here to hike...local? bicyclist? Main route for lots of vehicle traffic.

What is the latest on the Lookout Mountain case? Possibly similar profiles imo, (speaking strictly on location if we hypothetically consider and examine the possible aspect of foul play-- awfully close, right off I-70...not saying they're related, but worth looking into, I think, jmo).

Going back for timeline. Back to page 1, square 1.

I mean, I knoooow the power of fast moving water...would Amy step so close with the water being so high? During the Boulder Floods, I observed very closely yet kept my distance...you know by the sound if its raging or not...

I can't wait to go back to the mile marker. (What questions do you guys have if any, for when I go back?)

I think another interview with TF might be in order...he admitted to details involving Kenia...he was candid with many details including where he buried her...why would he lie about Amy? I want to rule him out...not so sure ARS or TF were involved (ARS also was very forthcoming)---afraid there's another one that might be running around IF foul play was involved.

eta: The timing of TF---proximity/Denver freeway...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back