Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

There are some (little) houses near the mile marker...does anyone know if LE checked into those? Surely they did.

FTR, saw an unmarked vehicle pulling someone over yesterday right by the mile marker.

I haven't forgotten about you Amy. If it was an accident, it was an accident, but what if it wasn't? I'm not sure it was. Give us a sign!

Well, this is ****ed up if its was foul play. Might not ever know what happened. jmo

Well, this is ****ed up if its was foul play. Might not ever know what happened. jmo

In a way this case reminds me of Maura Murray's plight in that both have a double mystery.
1) What and for what reason did she go where she went.
2) Why did she refuse help when offered.

So that article has just been corrected, surely after they saw her sister's comment, and now doesn't say that she contacted state troopers, but that a trooper saw her abandoned car and tagged it.

No doubt this might offend some people but it is based on experience. My first thought was that a thorough evaluation of the trooper involved would be warranted. I would also interview all of the people involved in the minor inconsistency in news reports regarding that contact, reporters, police personnel etc and find all paperwork involved.

No doubt this might offend some people but it is based on experience. My first thought was that a thorough evaluation of the trooper involved would be warranted. I would also interview all of the people involved in the minor inconsistency in news reports regarding that contact, reporters, police personnel etc and find all paperwork involved.

Thanks for posting. I think this is a good point. That was the last alleged sighting. And as OldSteve mentioned, why refuse help? Did she really refuse help? Good point.

Also, I think maybe her phone logs need to be re-examined again---had she called/texted someone who agreed to come help her? Surely this would have been checked out...

As I've mentioned, there are all kinds of wierdos on the trails. Does a potential culprit live in the area, or was he just passing through? Was he lying in wait? Was he on foot, bike or vehicle? Has Travis Forbes been reinterviewed? What about ARS?

I really do not think she fell in the creek. I guess an accident could happen, but I just don't think so. jmo

Thanks for posting. I think this is a good point. That was the last alleged sighting. And as OldSteve mentioned, why refuse help? Did she really refuse help? Good point.

Also, I think maybe her phone logs need to be re-examined again---had she called/texted someone who agreed to come help her? Surely this would have been checked out...

As I've mentioned, there are all kinds of wierdos on the trails. Does a potential culprit live in the area, or was he just passing through? Was he lying in wait? Was he on foot, bike or vehicle? Has Travis Forbes been reinterviewed? What about ARS?

I really do not think she fell in the creek. I guess an accident could happen, but I just don't think so. jmo

1) The idea of a woman calling 911 because of motor problems seems odd, but it appears she did dial 911 for whatever reason and a trooper did respond.

2) Weirdos on trails or whatever is unlikely if she left her keys, phone etc in the car.

3) Police are often not looked at in cases like this despite the evidence. In one town where I worked for some years a girl was raped and murdered. The police couldn't find the culprit but according to media, I was not in that town at the time, a police officer was known for trying aggressively to ask that girl out. Long story short he 'arrested' her, took her to a remote spot, raped her and then put a bullet in her head. Then he participated in the search for her. Despite indications of his guilt the police refused to investigate him until publicity reached a certain point. In the city I was living in when that happened, there was a police officer who raped several women, including one within a police substation. Again, no investigation nor interest until publicity reached a certain point.

Has the 911 call been made public? There is little doubt that people have requested it, so if it has not been made public yet it would be a red flag at this point.

Link added http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Terrance_Williams_and_Felipe_Santos
Hopefully that is not the case here, but it should be investigated.

Also, regarding the hiker theory note the comment by the reporter http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/more-of-amy-ahonens-remains-found-in-clear-creek/

A flurry of attention to this cold case - glad to see it.

Search engine says "We did not find results for: amy ahonen "911 call released". Try the suggestions below or type a new query above.
Also Try: +amy ahonen 911 call released (quotes removed)"

So a physically fit woman who is familiar with the area and does not seem suicidal disappears and her last recorded voice is not being released and there seems to be little interest in researching the circumstances of the last contact she is known to have had, since that person is a police officer.

Are there even any details of the 911 call? A transcript?

This was May 2010 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/22/colorado-state-trooper-pu_n_508246.html so for sure it was not that trooper. Why has the trooper not been identified? Did he have any disciplinary history? Was he a young trooper?

Police commit violent sex crimes at a far higher rate than the general public. That's just a simple fact whether it offends anyone or not. Additionally, a certain type of personality is attracted to police work. Anyone who has taken psych in college knows the ideal situation to induce aggressive sexual behavior in a man is to put him in a uniform and put an attractive woman at the top of a high place like a bridge or cliff with him.

Is the lack of interest in this possibility because it has already been investigated or is it because people don't want to appear disrespectful to police? The vast majority of troopers are decent honest people but she did not deal with the vast majority, she dealt with one unknown trooper. If you Google "trooper sentenced" you will find quite a few troopers who should have been in another line of work.

In reading from above -
Additionally, a certain type of personality is attracted to police work

Got to wonder if something along the lines of "a certain type of personality is attracted to Websleuths" can be said about us folks here :lol: :lol:

Not meant as a criticism of your post FleaSpirit, just a thought that ran thru my noggin...

In reading from above -

Got to wonder if something along the lines of "a certain type of personality is attracted to Websleuths" can be said about us folks here :lol: :lol:

Not meant as a criticism of your post FleaSpirit, just a thought that ran thru my noggin...

ha ha
I do have an interest in cases where there is an obvious suspect who is being ignored because he is a police officer. I'm old enough that I could give you dozens of examples. In the rape case mentioned above, I heard about it shortly before I was to meet with someone I had worked with in a previous job. I said to her "you'll never guess who was arrested as a serial rapist". When I told her it was a police officer she said told me she had been raped by a police officer in Seward, a town not that far away, some years before. There is example after example after example. Ignore it if you want.

As for who is attracted to websleuth, I see a huge amount of gossipy type talk that really does nothing for anyone. I don't know if that is something you would notice 'not as specific criticism'.

----

As for this case, Ms Ahonen, there seems like one obvious way to rule in or rule out the trooper involved.

The license plate of the car was given. From that a person could get the vin. From that they could find out who the car was towed to, how long they had it, what repairs were done and when it was sold.

If the car had no major problems then it is likely the trooper was not involved.

However if the car did have problems, a blown radiator, a major engine problem, a bad starter, then it is extremely unlikely she would have told the arriving trooper that she didn't really need assistance.

So was this ever checked out? I doubt it.

ha ha
I do have an interest in cases where there is an obvious suspect who is being ignored because he is a police officer. I'm old enough that I could give you dozens of examples. In the rape case mentioned above, I heard about it shortly before I was to meet with someone I had worked with in a previous job. I said to her "you'll never guess who was arrested as a serial rapist". When I told her it was a police officer she said told me she had been raped by a police officer in Seward, a town not that far away, some years before. There is example after example after example. Ignore it if you want.

As for who is attracted to websleuth, I see a huge amount of gossipy type talk that really does nothing for anyone. I don't know if that is something you would notice 'not as specific criticism'.

----

As for this case, Ms Ahonen, there seems like one obvious way to rule in or rule out the trooper involved.

The license plate of the car was given. From that a person could get the vin. From that they could find out who the car was towed to, how long they had it, what repairs were done and when it was sold.

If the car had no major problems then it is likely the trooper was not involved.

However if the car did have problems, a blown radiator, a major engine problem, a bad starter, then it is extremely unlikely she would have told the arriving trooper that she didn't really need assistance.

So was this ever checked out? I doubt it.

A police car cam, or body cam, would have been a help here to see what actually took place....

I wonder why she went to that location that day. IIRC, she did not take her hiking equipment....

A police car cam, or body cam, would have been a help here to see what actually took place....

I wonder why she went to that location that day. IIRC, she did not take her hiking equipment....

A lot of people stop by scenic places just to relax for a few hours. It is possible she had the habit of just going to that area to relax for a few minutes or hours from time to time. There is no hiking equipment required.

Here is the point I was trying to make though. People are willing to invest a lot of energy in this case looking for scenarios and suspects and whatever. It could have been this person that person a stranger an ex etc.

Here is all we know for sure. These are the hard facts. Correct me if I'm wrong.
1) She went to an area she had gone to before.
2) She made a 911 call saying she had car trouble.
3) First reports after she disappeared had several conflicting versions of the 911 call, including that she did not call.
4) The trooper who arrived on the scene did not call for a tow truck nor do anything else that involved creating a report of some kind.
5) We don't know how long the trooper was on that call nor when his next call was.
6) We don't know if there was some mechanical issue with the car that would cast doubt on the trooper's story.

So again, people are willing to invest so much energy in looking for a suspect, but when it comes to the slightest hint of investigating the most obvious person who should be looked at it becomes a comedy.

I remember a story about one of Stalin's brutal enforcers. He was in a room full of people and he had a stroke. Nobody noticed. He contorted and died while everyone continued talking about the weather. It simply wasn't proper to interfere in anything to do with him unless it was absolutely required. And a lot of people who violated that standard were punished.

America has become a lot like that.

Is there an obvious first suspect in the Amy Ahonen case? There is. But nobody wants to admit it.

What would it take to exclude him as a suspect? Simply finding out if there were mechanical issues with the car.

Is it likely the troopers themselves conducted a proper investigation of that trooper? It's highly unlikely. We can dance around and play games, I'm just telling the truth.

The majority of real cops of course do not commit rapes. But "authority", real or fake, including police and military paraphernalia, is certainly attractive to rapists.

Police do commit violent sex crimes at a far higher rate than other occupations. That's just the truth. It doesn't mean that the trooper involved in the Amy Ahonen case did that. But it does mean that his uniform is not grounds for dismissing him as a suspect.

Imagine if Ms Ahonen had called a tow truck and then vanished. And imagine the tow truck driver said she had not needed any help. Immediately people would say " no accusation, but we would like some proper investigation of the tow truck driver".

Is it possible she commited suicide? It's unlikely. At first glance it seems very possible but a number of things point away from that.

Is it possible someone who tried to rent a room from her on Craigslist killed her? Also maybe possible, but unlikely.

We know she called 911 for car trouble.
We know that police at first gave conflicting accounts of the 911 call, but we don't know why.
We know that the story given by the responding trooper, whether it is true or false, is odd.
We know that any person not in uniform who gave such an account would be considered worth looking in to.

No new info unfortunately, but :bump: for Amy. I was thinking about her this morning for some reason and said a prayer that the truth will be revealed, whatever that is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back