CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

Ya, he definitely nears the top of the list for dumb criminals. Also, with the fake email, he goes into an office down the hall. Nobody’s gonna find him next door with his new email address. Lol. I mean, come on…And of course having the drugs mailed to his office. But don’t open it anyone.
The thing is what if it hadn’t been opened? Could the hospital have ruled her death from another cause? Would they have been able to detect it? It’s so crazy that he could have maybe gotten away with it.
What else has this man done in his life?

I’d read half of this, had it up in a window on my phone, went back to read the rest after work and it’s blank! I’ve clicked the link over and over. Still nothing! Is it just me?

It’s blank for me too. I just figured it had been pulled. I’m using an iPad Pro FWIW.

Seriously. I spent about half of my childhood where she practices and it's a pretty small place. I wonder if they met at a convention or something. She dodged a huuuuge bullet. Must be terrifying.

I'm very grateful that his kids were spared but honestly pretty surprised that he didn't take the "family annihilator" route. He sort of ticks all the boxes.
Was she also Mormon?
If you know

The thing is what if it hadn’t been opened? Could the hospital have ruled her death from another cause? Would they have been able to detect it? It’s so crazy that he could have maybe gotten away with it.
What else has this man done in his life?

I've also wondered if he would have gotten away with it if not for his office staff opening the package.

Based on the affidavit it doesn't seem like the hospital was suspicious of a poisoning until one of James's colleagues gave them a heads up just prior to Angela's death. And James told a relative that he wouldn't permit an autopsy. The relative pleaded with him (she was concerned it might be genetic and affect the kids) but he said, "if they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her when she was alive he wouldn't let them poke her more when she was dead."

Perhaps refusing the autopsy would raise some red flags, if not with the doctors, then at least with Angela's family? But I'll bet he would have had her cremated too, so the authorities wouldn't have been able to prove anything.

Last edited:
It’s so creepy how he seemed to be constantly texting… to “check up“ on her.
I wonder if his behavior raised any red flags for her?
It does seem odd to me that AC didn't pick up on it, since she'd experienced those symptoms before and knew they were poisoning. The other odd thing, is that the docs didn't guess. But I also noticed JC took AC to different hospitals each time, so there might have been no shared history. Did he also use different poisons each time?

It’s blank for me too. I just figured it had been pulled. I’m using an iPad Pro FWIW.
Mine comes up blank, too. Likely a Safari problem. Try changing the Safari settings for ad/popup blockers. They sometimes make sites inoperative. Or, go to Firefox.

I'm thinking someone needs to download that document in case it really does disappear, although I suppose it belongs in the public sphere and it's not a mistake that it got out?

Last edited:
It does seem odd to me that AC didn't pick up on it, since she'd experienced those symptoms before and knew they were poisoning. The other odd thing, is that the docs didn't guess. But I also noticed JC took AC to different hospitals each time, so there might have been no shared history. Did he also use different poisons each time?
It sounds like he used arsenic first (rat poison) on March 6, but perhaps that didn't kill fast enough. People who are gradually introduced to arsenic develop a higher tolerance. Cyanide capsules were carried during WW2 in case collaborators were captured, they would die by cyanide before being tortured to reveal secrets. Cyanide death is rumoured to be painful, but quick. Maybe he gave her a lower dose, prolonging her suffering to give the illusion of : unknown cause of death

Mine comes up blank, too. Likely a Safari problem. Try changing the Safari settings for ad/popup blockers. They sometimes make sites inoperative. Or, go to Firefox.

I'm thinking someone needs to download that document in case it really does disappear, although I suppose it belongs in the public sphere and it's not a mistake that it got out?
Perhaps the Daily Beast pulled the document?

Attachments

• 1679460626447.png
    1679460626447.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 18
It sounds like he used arsenic first (rat poison) on March 6, but perhaps that didn't kill fast enough. People who are gradually introduced to arsenic develop a higher tolerance. Cyanide capsules were carried during WW2 in case collaborators were captured, they would die by cyanide before being tortured to reveal secrets. Cyanide death is rumoured to be painful, but quick. Maybe he gave her a lower dose, prolonging her suffering to give the illusion of : unknown cause of death
I agree the arrest warrant made it sound as if she was originally poisoned with arsenic which resulted in the first hospitalization. It isn’t specified, but since he received the cyanide in the mail on March 13 then I’m assuming that he then used cyanide to poison her from that point forward and it seems it was much more severe.

I was able to read it all on Firefox. What a shocking document! He’s certainly a good actor. Such a betrayal. And his poor children. :-(

I took the conversation with his friend Ryan as meaning that Jim was claiming he didn’t poison Angela, and was claiming that Angela asked him to buy the poisons so she could kill herself. Not that it was a “mercy” killing to save her from killing herself. He was trying to claim it was all Angela and he just bought it for her.
There was a time BEFORE, maybe 5 years? He poisoned AC and said it was because he was going to kill himself and didn’t want AC to be in a condition to rouse him. He even told AC he poisoned her on that occasion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back