CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

MOO, I think the children are almost adults except for a couple of younger ones. Adult children that will fully understand the horror their father created for absolutely selfish reasons. They will know their mother died a terrible painful death. Everytime they think of their childhood, the memories will be marred now. They'll know their father made that decision to not only harm their mother, but their own lives, as well, destroying their family unit and family history. Forgive him? It will be such a hard thing to do for those children. All MOO.
They may have moved out because they could and because they recognized the family situation as being toxic, and not just because they grew up. I wonder if they stayed way clear, and actually needed quite a bit of time to get there.

I agree the arrest warrant made it sound as if she was originally poisoned with arsenic which resulted in the first hospitalization. It isn’t specified, but since he received the cyanide in the mail on March 13 then I’m assuming that he then used cyanide to poison her from that point forward and it seems it was much more severe.

Attachments

• 1679462695288.png
    1679462695288.png
    190 KB · Views: 43
Video included
The arrest affidavit claimed he shipped potassium cyanide to his dental office and had arsenic metal shipped to his home.

James Craig was also accused of searching for “how many grams of pure arsenic will kill a human?” and “Is arsenic detectable in autopsy?” on Google, among other things.

What is arsenic?
Arsenic is an element that naturally occurs in the environment.

It has been called the “king of poisons” due to its use in the past to kill royalty.

There are many uses for arsenic, and it has been used in a variety of ways in the past, such as in agriculture.

A compound with arsenic and oxygen — arsenic trioxide — is approved for medical use.

Symptoms of ingesting arsenic include vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration and shock. :(

[...]

What is potassium cyanide?
Potassium cyanide is a chemical compound that can prove fatal if ingested.

It releases hydrogen cyanide gas, which interferes with the body’s ability to use oxygen.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, exposure to it can be rapidly fatal and has effects on the whole body.

It is used commercially for fumigation and extracting gold or silver from ores.

Early symptoms of potassium cyanide poisoning can include lightheadedness, rapid breathing, nausea, confusion and anxiety according to the CDC. :(

Severe symptoms can include stupor, coma, seizures and death. :mad:

It is not as easy to obtain potassium cyanide as it is to obtain arsenic.

:eek:Also on March 6, James Craig ordered oleandrin, a toxic plant extract, but the shipment was “intercepted by FedEx” at the request of investigators and never delivered, according to the affidavit.

There was a time BEFORE, maybe 5 years? He poisoned AC and said it was because he was going to kill himself and didn’t want AC to be in a condition to rouse him. He even told AC he poisoned her on that occasion.
It may be a technicality, but, for the incident from roughly five years ago, in the arrest affidavit, AC (in her texts) and AC’s sister both use the term “drugged” rather than “poisoned.” Of course, we will likely never know what he actually used at this point, but it seems that AC and her sister were under the impression that it was something less deadly than poison (perhaps something to make her lose consciousness like Ambien or GHB), MOO.

68951361-11886005-image-m-36_1679420913093.jpg

On Feb. 27, Craig created a secret email account, jimandwaffles.com, which he only used at a computer in his now-shuttered Summerbrook Dental Office, investigators allege.

“While using this account, he researched multiple ‘undetectable poisons,’” court papers say. His Google history revealed searches for “how many grams of pure arsenic will kill a human?” and “Is Arsenic Detectible in Autopsy?”

He ultimately purchased crystaline metalloid arsenic from Amazon.com, which was delivered March 4 to the family’s $1.3 home.

The next day, Angela Craig returned from a trip to Utah. On March 6, the couple worked out together and her husband made her a “pre-workout shake in which James gave her extra protein because she was feeling sluggish,” the affidavit alleges.

Hours later, she complained of feeling faint and dizzy and was admitted to the hospital but discharged the same day.

“I feel drugged,” Angela Craig texted her husband. Her sister told police that James Craig had drugged his wife about five years earlier because he had planned to commit suicide and didn’t want her to stop him.

“Given our history, I know that must be a trigger,” he replied to his wife in a text. “Just for the record, I didn’t drug you. I am super worried though. You really looked pale before I left. Like your lips even.”

That night, her husband allegedly ordered Oleandrin, another poison, which was intercepted before delivery.

And he thought he would get away with this evilness that he did. Although he came close to not being caught.

Makes me think back to Chris Watts and Alex Murdaugh just to name two others, they thought they would get away with the horrible acts they did, fortunately they didn't.

And he thought he would get away with this evilness that he did. Although he came close to not being caught.

Makes me think back to Chris Watts and Alex Murdaugh just to name two others, they thought they would get away with the horrible acts they did, fortunately they didn't.
This case really gives me Anthony Todt vibes. Talk of drugging, an impending bankruptcy, a medical practitioner, a family with multiple children, after-the-fact blame on the wife by the father. At least, in this case, the father was stopped before the children were physically harmed, MOO.

This case really gives me Anthony Todt vibes. Talk of drugging, an impending bankruptcy, a medical practitioner, a family with multiple children, after-the-fact blame on the wife by the father. At least, in this case, the father was stopped before the children were physically harmed, MOO.
Your post just hit me as to why I find this case so so disturbing and triggery. James Craig and this case in many ways reminds me of Mark Sievers and the cowardly murder of his wife, Dr. Theresa Sievers. The side chick, the narcy ways, the ego, the financial disarray, uggh. That was a case I followed very closely.

This husband reminds me of Mark.

This reminds me of that Chiropractor, Brian Mann, that was arrested for attempted murder. He was giving his wife lead pills as a "supplement" that would "boost her immune system."

This reminds me of that Chiropractor, Brian Mann, that was arrested for attempted murder. He was giving his wife lead pills as a "supplement" that would "boost her immune system."

Wasn’t there also a wife in California (I feel like she also had a similar occupation) that was trying to kill her husband with poison but he figured it out? He hid a camera and caught her?

I've also wondered if he would have gotten away with it if not for his office staff opening the package.

Based on the affidavit it doesn't seem like the hospital was suspicious of a poisoning until one of James's colleagues gave them a heads up just prior to Angela's death. And James told a relative that he wouldn't permit an autopsy. The relative pleaded with him (she was concerned it might be genetic and affect the kids) but he said, "if they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her when she was alive he wouldn't let them poke her more when she was dead."

Perhaps refusing the autopsy would raise some red flags, if not with the doctors, then at least with Angela's family? But I'll bet he would have had her cremated too, so the authorities wouldn't have been able to prove anything.
Regardless, the husband's phone forensics would have buried him. It was just a matter of time.

Wasn’t there also a wife in California (I feel like she also had a similar occupation) that was trying to kill her husband with poison but he figured it out? He hid a camera and caught her?
Yes. I remember this.

Jack Chen. His wife Yue 'Emily'

This is horrifying. A Gen-X dentist, in the prime of his life, commits a terrible murder, ending the life of his wife and ruining his own completely. How powerful lust is, I suppose. You'd think a dentist would know better, esp since he was born late enough in the 20th century to know quite a bit about the internet.

No covering of the trail. Does he not think his wife would be autopsied/have bloodwork? He must be deranged.

He actually had the poison delivered to his office (where someone else opened it and knew about it, therefore reported to police):

//A colleague had recently opened a package addressed to Craig at the dentist's office containing potassium cyanide. He alerted a nurse at the hospital of his suspicions, leading investigators to Craig//

No paywall on this one:

SMH. IMO.

What a horrible person, and an idiot to boot. How did this guy ever make it through dental school. SMH

This is my question. But, we keep reading in the Chronicle of Higher Ed that it's easier and easier to get into med/dental schools as no one wants to do it, and less qualified people are getting in.

As it is, 50-54% of all applicants are getting into some dental school somewhere. I wonder if he once googled "easiest dental school to get into."

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back