CO CO - Bekime Elshani, 22, Colorado Springs, 29 March 2008

8 years later: Family still searching for answers in disappearance of Bekime "Becky" Elshani

http://www.krdo.com/news/8-years-later-5000-reward-remains-in-disappearance-of-bekime-elshani/38745822

Colorado Springs resident Bekime "Becky" Elshani was last seen early Saturday morning March 29, 2008.

"Every year we get her a cake, get everybody together. She's never forgotten, she was a beautiful soul," said Fatime Elshani, Becky's younger sister.

The Elshani family tries to stay optimistic, but as the years go by, so do unanswered questions.

"It's definitely harder. I can't believe it's been eight years. I thought we'd find her by now. But I won't give up hope. I'll die trying," said Fatime.

9 years later: Family of Becky Elshani seeks answers in cold case

http://fox21news.com/2017/03/29/9-years-later-family-of-becky-elshani-seeks-answers-in-cold-case/

“Very depressing, a lot of mourning, confusion, the whole 9 yards,” said Fatime Elshani, Becky’s sister.

That’s how March 29 has felt for the Elshanis since 2008.

“I remember her and Daniel, Daniel and her boyfriend, ex-boyfriend; they got into an argument here at my parents’ house.” Fatime said. “He started yelling at her. She kept saying she didn’t want to leave and we kept telling her to stay but Daniel insisted that she left with him.”

She did and that was the last time Fatime ever saw her sister again.

Fatime said, “When police arrived to Daniel’s apartment, Becky and Daniel lived together, Daniel saw the police at his door and shot and killed himself.”

Becky was still nowhere to be found. Daniel’s car was eventually discovered in Teller County and inside, Fatime says was Becky’s blood, the only evidence in 9 years.
To this day, the Elshanis continue to search for clues, hoping to one day uncover the truth about what happened to Becky.

Fatime said, “I like to know that she’s out there on the beach somewhere, not having her in a grave kind of gives me that little glimpse of hope but I know deep down that she’s gone.”

There is a $5,000 reward offered to anyone who comes forward with information.

In June, the Elshanis say they’re planning another search party.

Bekime only has 2 Exclusions listed:

Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP12683
Date Body FoundJune 06, 2014
StateVA
CountyNewport News
Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8960
Date Body FoundSeptember 09, 2010
StateWY
CountyAlbany

Today marks 15 years since Bekime "Becky" Elshani, 22, went missing. Her family is still searching for answers & anyone with information is asked to please come forward.

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- Wednesday marks 15 years since 22-year-old Bekime "Becky" Elshani went missing from Colorado Springs.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Elshani was first reported missing by her father on March 29, 2008. Her family told KRDO she was last seen at 1:15 a.m. in the 100 block of West Rockrimmon Blvd.

“We think about her all the time and every day,” Elshani's father, Agim Elshani, told KRDO in 2015. “Becky was a very loving person. She was a beautiful girl.”

Two days after she was reported missing, investigators went to her apartment complex in the 6000 block of Twin Oaks Drive for a welfare check. When they got there, police reportedly heard a gunshot. Inside, they found Elshani's boyfriend, 24-year-old Daniel Dereere, dead from an apparent suicide. Elshani was nowhere to be found.

• bekime_elshani_1.jpg
  • bekime_elshani_2.jpg
  • bekime_elshani_3.jpg
  • bekime_elshani_4.jpg
  • elshani_bekime5.jpg
Elshani, circa 2008
  • Missing Since 03/29/2008
  • Missing From Colorado Springs, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/27/1985 (37)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 110 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A black jacket, a pink and white shirt and jeans.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Red Toyota 4Runner (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Elshani's nickname is Becky. She has a tattoo of a cross on her lower back. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Elshani was last seen in the 100 block of west Rockrimmon Boulevard in Colorado Springs, Colorado at 1:15 a.m. on March 29, 2008. She has never been heard from again. On the evening of March 31, police went to her apartment in the 6000 block of Twin Oaks Drive, near Academy and Dublin, to do a welfare check on her.

Officers heard a gunshot as they approached the residence. They found the body of Elshani's live-in boyfriend, Daniel Dereere, inside. He had died by suicide. There was no sign of Elshani at the scene and no indications of a struggle in the apartment. Dereere didn't leave a note.

Dereere took his own life the day before he was supposed to appear in court to answer to harassment and computer crimes charges. He allegedly hacked into Elshani's MySpace page in January 2008 and posted nude photos of her. She was dating her ex-husband, Wesley Bartle, at the time, but later reconciled with Dereere. Bartle isn't considered a suspect in her disappearance.

Elshani's relationship with Dereere was troubled. In May 2007, they argued about phone calls Bartle made to Elshani, and she was arrested for assault after punching Dereere in the face. Dereere was arrested for assault in October 2007 after Elshani claimed he had used a stun gun on her nearly 20 times, but the case was dismissed in March 2008.

Authorities stated they found unspecified evidence when they searched Dereere's red Toyota 4-Runner which indicated foul play may have been involved in Elshani's disappearance. Dereere drove the 4-Runner to Woodland Park in Teller County, Colorado just hours after Elshani was last seen. A search of the park turned up no indication of Elshani's whereabouts.

Investigators believe if Dereere was involved in Elshani's case, he probably confessed his actions to someone prior to his death. No one has come forward with any information, however. She left behind nine siblings. Elshani's case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Colorado Springs Police Department 719-444-7595

Source Information​

Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 30, 2020; picture added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back