CO CO - Cadence Warner, 16, left w/ backpack & cat in carrier, Littleton, 23 Mar 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Apr 28, 2021.

1. JayLee#99

JayLee#99 Well-Known Member

I wish she had come home by now. She’s been gone a long time. Looking through the photos on the new website I realized just how different she looks with her hair color(s). Also, it’s so hard to differentiate between teenagers these days because they all look so similar. Same clothes/hair styles/looks as the “average” teenage girl and it’s so easy for her to blend. I hope she’s with someone who cares about her and she is safe but I hope she comes home soon!

ar3593, bluenoser, Filly and 12 others like this.

2. Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth Well-Known Member

She only has a little over 8 months until she turns 18. Maybe she is just trying to hide out until that time? I just want her to be alive and well and safe with her kitty. ❤

kelsie, ar3593, borndem and 17 others like this.
  3. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

Maybe I shouldn't be reading into this, but the webpage seems to be written by Grandma. Like maybe she's be more confortable contacting Grandma than parents?

kelsie, Filly, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  4. Cortnie

Cortnie New Member

Hi. New to this site. I don't see any posts about Cadence Warner.
    She vanished months ago. The Jefferson county police (where she lives) won't investigate it . They say they don't have the resources to investigate missing teenagers.
    Our family hired a PI and he's uncovered NOTHING.
    She's my Niece.
    Have any of you heard about this case out of Littleton, Colorado?

Attached Files:

ar3593, bluenoser, Sincerely and 17 others like this.
  5. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

6. Cortnie

Cortnie New Member

Oh, THANK YOU! Trying to do everything possible to get the word, and her pictures out there.

ar3593, bluenoser, Sincerely and 15 others like this.
  7. Cortnie

Cortnie New Member

bluenoser, Sincerely, kelsie and 6 others like this.
  8. Cortnie

Cortnie New Member

Thank you so much for trying.
    Were you able to get any traction with Cadence's case ? I'm her Aunt and she's still missing.

ar3593, Barlow, momsof3 and 17 others like this.
  9. JayLee#99

I have followed her case from the beginning and checked on the case back in often. I thought she may have come home by now. I can’t believe the PI came up with nothing! Where in the world would Candace be?! Does her family think she had money? Or anything to help her stay in hiding?

10. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I would think any good investigator would be able to come up with something, however little. I think it likely depends on how much money there is on the table, as anyone can do a basic, amateur job, but to really dig in, as theyvsay, money talks.

bluenoser, Sincerely, momsof3 and 6 others like this.
  11. JayLee#99

Replying to myself to correct her name. It is not Candace but Cadence.

momsof3, kelsie, Rojamom1121 and 2 others like this.
  12. JayLee#99

I agree. It really is strange.

13. jash

jash Well-Known Member

That's a great question. I wonder if the cat is microchipped.

bluenoser, momsof3, kelsie and 3 others like this.
  14. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

Microchip isn’t a tracker, unfortunately. I think the only info on chip is owner name/address - not a health history. And even getting that info isn’t necessarily easy. Pet Microchip Lookup Tool | Finding Microchip Registrations

kelsie, jash, Rojamom1121 and 5 others like this.
  15. longtimereader

longtimereader Well-Known Member

Pet microchips just contain an id number which can be used to find the owner information. They are not for tracking. I personally have picked up a stray and had it scanned. Just fyi, if you get a rehomed pet or move, you need to update that information in the database. But checking with vets or shelters to see if the cat has been brought in for care if a good idea. A few years ago, when I lived out in the country someone dumped 2 dogs in my neighborhood. My neighbor took them to some vets in the area and one of the vets recognized the pair. The owner was contacted and admitted he dumped them behind his wife's back. Don't worry, they were not returned to the owner. But it might not be a bad idea to check with their vet to see if Cadence tried to get it care or meds.

bluenoser, momsof3, kelsie and 8 others like this.
  16. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

Just to add - many vets are not allowing the owners in the building. Pet gets picked up and returned in parking lot. Care and payment are handled over the phone while owner sits in the car. Even if the cat was taken to its usual vet, a tech is the only person who would see Cadence - and it would only be for a few moments IMO. (In normal times, a receptionist, tech or two, and vet would all interact with the owner).

momsof3, kelsie, jash and 7 others like this.
  17. longtimereader

I have not posted much here but have been following her mom's instagram page as well as anything in the news. I did see that the car club was not what the parents thought it was. I did read some articles on the car clubs in the Denver area and they probably are not a good place for a young girl. I never noticed her link to
    tht.moddedfocus. It has very few posts but if I were a PI, I would look at all her followers and who she was following. I know many times people who want to build followers, follow people that have similar pages in order to gain followers but she might actually know some of them. The final post has a comment via a soundcloud user trying to get her to respond to him. The comment on the post is 10 weeks old. It could be a friend trying to help locate her or someone who is trying to get in touch because she has a new cell phone number. It says Yoooooo Cadence answer!!! I did go to one page she was following and watched some of the videos trying to see if she was in the background. If it were someone I knew well, I would be able to pick out their body shape and so on but since I don't, I just tried to watch for females. Feel free to join me in searching for any digital traces of her on social media posts. Someone may have promised her some "modeling" or "influencer" type role for their car club.

18. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Yes, @Unsolved picked up on that tht.modedfocus.

How can we go about helping. I don't have all these SM things. However I scoured anything I could find related to it.

Great catch on the SoundCloud user. Thanks.

Sincerely, momsof3, kelsie and 5 others like this.
  19. longtimereader

Hopefully their PI checked out the sm for her. When my friend's son ran away, I made a list of all of his friends and watched for those to change. I went to all of the friends pages and scoured pics and comments. I watched for any new pages to be created. One was but then nothing was posted. I did send some messages asking friends to just let me know if he was ok. I explained I was not police just a family friend. I got one to respond on chat once but then they got scared and got off. He did surface when he was 18. So I didn't really help but we had a couple ideas of what states he was in. I think kids can't help stay off sm or messaging if they have access to a phone or app. You can message through just about any app.

bluenoser, Sincerely, momsof3 and 7 others like this.
  20. longtimereader

So I guess maybe pick on sm platform you do know and watch if she adds friends. Watch those friends pages for public posts. It is a lot of work to do that. But you can sure learn a lot about people that way. It is a lot of work. I hope her teammates, classmates and any friends would be brave enough to reach out to her and just get her to respond enough to know she is ok. They might know an app user name she commonly used or even an old one from middle school. Maybe an old account from an app that was popular but nobody uses anymore.