CO CO - Cadence Warner, 16, left w/ backpack & cat in carrier, Littleton, 23 Mar 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Apr 28, 2021.

1. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Hoping for good news soon.

Welcome to Websleuths,
    Cortnie !!

2. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

I truly feel in my gut by the family comment that she may have been pregnant and "escaped" with an older man to "start a family" and that's why she only brought her cat. Maybe she was on meds you can't take while pregnant anyway? And she knew her parents wouldn't approve obviously. I feel it was likely a guy met through the car scene. I messaged the car community's instagram and asked if they knew Cadence, knew she was missing, and if they could share her flyer regardless. MOO.

3. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

the microchip is important BECAUSE if the cat was dropped off at a shelter or rescued it would be checked for a microchip and then at least the family can know where the CAT is. Which may lead to Cadence.

If she DID get pregnant by an older man, that's rape, as she is not old enough to consent legally.

4. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

Cadence looks very different in photos. In many she appears much slimmer in the face. Is there anyone familiar with her appearance just before she left verify whether she was fuller faced just before she left? I also wondered if she was pregnant and left because of religious convictions or fear of reprisal from parents or church.

Who filmed Cadence leaving her home with the cat? That wasn't a fixed security camera.

5. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Didn't we have 2 friends of hers posting here but they weren't verified, so their comments were deleted? Hopefully they still read and can contact the aunt. They had some ideas. So maybe they can work together. I cannot imagine having a loved one missing. I am sure it feels so helpless.

6. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

She uses a carrier duffel for the cat. The one I use to take the cat to a vet. What if the cat felt under and someone offered to drive her to the vet? She did not plan to leave for long, it seems to me.

kelsie, realanastasia, Filly and 7 others like this.
  7. bykerladi

This case bothers me. All cases like this bother me. Even if she left willingly she is underage and can't legally make that decision. She needs to be home, and if there are issues at home then get CPS or whoever involved but running away isn't the answer. Especially since she's in a vulnerable category.

kelsie, ar3593, Charlot123 and 14 others like this.
  8. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm slow. What is the vulnerable category?

Flicka1, bluenoser and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. longtimereader

longtimereader Well-Known Member

I thought it was said to be from a ring type camera. My cousin has one on her back deck too so I do think that is common. I don't know much about them so how can we tell the difference? Thanks in advance for teaching me.

kelsie, Flicka1, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  10. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

Age.

11. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

kelsie, Flicka1, Alcina and 2 others like this.
  12. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

@RumorMonger mentioned above that there is a law in CO that makes it against the law for a person to harbor a minor, even if the minor is being harbored willingly.

I looked up the law to get more info. It is Colorado CRS 18-6-601. "A person commits the crime of harboring a minor if the person knowingly provides shelter to a minor without the consent of a parent, guardian, custodian of the minor, or the person with whom the child resides the majority of the time pursuant to a court order allocating parental responsibilities and if the person intentionally ... Fails to notify the parent, guardian, custodian of the minor, or the person with whom the child resides the majority of the time pursuant to a court order allocating parental responsibilities or a law enforcement officer that the minor is being sheltered within twenty-four hours after shelter has been provided."

I agree that this law makes resolutions in cases like CW's more difficult. Its reasonable to think that CW disliked her home life, warranted or not, and found harbor with someone else. However, that person is guilty of a misdemeanor and is unlikely to give himself/herself up. Additionally, CW would be under some pressure not to narc out the person if she changed her mind and wanted to return home.

I don't claim to have the answer. Its a difficult situation. I just wonder if this law is further complicating things.

IMO

source:
    2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 6 - :: Offenses Involving the Family Relations :: Part 6 - :: Harboring a Minor :: ยง 18-6-601. Harboring a minor

kelsie, Flicka1, Rojamom1121 and 6 others like this.
  13. branmuffin

I guess it's possible that the family installed a security motion tracking camera. I don't know how an unmanned motion tracking camera could randomly zoom in and out while following the motion. I am not well versed in the various cameras that can be installed on private residences.

kelsie, Charlot123, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  14. bykerladi

Vunerable - age AND gender. I believe statistically young women are much more at risk of assault and harm than young men.

kelsie, ar3593, Charlot123 and 8 others like this.
  15. longtimereader

longtimereader Well-Known Member

Hi, is this Cadence's car in tht.moddedfocus? Or do you know who it belongs to? I was looking for things to search for in posts. It has distinct stickers and the fuzzy dice in the window. When I have time, I am scanning posts.

kelsie, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  16. jash

jash Well-Known Member

My guess is the zooming and tracking was done to the recording via software for the purposes of sharing the footage (i.e. the original video was probably a wider shot).

17. branmuffin

That makes sense. Thank you.

kelsie, Marg from Oz, jash and 2 others like this.
  18. TAYTAY0701

TAYTAY0701 Living in God's Country

kelsie, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  19. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Bumping for Cadence.

kelsie, misgrn, Flicka1 and 8 others like this.
  20. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm in CO and had not heard about this. Thought OK they need to pull local security footage to find the car and then realize this happened in MARCH?! Shame on Jeffco for not doing enough. Wow.

kelsie, misgrn, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.