CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

We have asked the CSPD for a cold case review for years and finally they agreed to have the National Center for Missing Children review. But it was my Mom who gathered all the investigative information on EB. And it was a lot of hard work. I couldn't believe when I went to the Pueblo Court house just under two years ago and the Court Record, State of Colorado vs. EB had never been accessed. They had to pull it out of archives. It showed she had stalked, harrassed, and entered another families home whom she was having an affair with a few years before she met my Dad. I also pulled all of her police reports from Pueblo, mostly her reporting a burglary or her being involved in one. Of course we gave it all to LE.

I have contacted Nancy Grace through email several times but to no avail. I also posted Christopher's story on the find 50 people in 50 days. Acutally posted it up there several times and didn't get a response.

The "Borderline Personality Disorder"-ed types (and I think EB is a prime example) frequently perpetrate false insurance losses. In other words, they will report thefts of their possessions to their insurance company and collect on the "loss." They are arsonists, destroyers of their own property (and then willl file a false claim), sometimes blaming another individual for the damage, etc. Their crimes seem to escalate in severity.

I am absolutely heart broken for this family after listening to The Vanished Podcast.

This mother's dedication to find her son reminds me SO much of Louis Zaharias' lifelong relentless quest to find his missing children, Christopher and Lisa Mae Zaharias.

Their sons disappeared a year apart and spent the next 30 years relentlessly searching and never giving up hope on finding their sons both named Christopher.

Ok, I'm tearing up now... I can't image the heartache.

I am absolutely heart broken for this family after listening to The Vanished Podcast.

This mother's dedication to find her son reminds me SO much of Louis Zaharias' lifelong relentless quest to find his missing children, Christopher and Lisa Mae Zaharias.

Their sons disappeared a year apart and spent the next 30 years relentlessly searching and never giving up hope on finding their sons both named Christopher.

Ok, I'm tearing up now... I can't image the heartache.

I know, ms p. It is so sad. I know it is that evil woman who took him. This family is very strong and I admire them greatly, and the mother persevered, relentlessly searching for years for him. There is nothing stronger than a mother's love for her child. The entire family loved Christopher so much. He was their life. I hope that he is still among us -- and that he discovers who he is!

Last night I caught the article below, they finally named EB a person of interest while Bernice is still here to see it. My heart breaks for her. It's so tragic that her son was taken, his file etc lost, and if that isn't enough heart break, terminal cancer on top of it.

Mom’s dying wish is to find her son who went missing 30 years ago - Posted 5:46 pm, October 7, 2016, by Macradee Aegerter, Updated at 06:01pm, October 7, 2016

I hope there is a miracle before she passes and she's able to meet Christopher. Praying that her children will be able to find him if the miracle doesn't happen. I feel the DNA databases offer them the most hope because EB most likely won't say what she did with him. She either gave him to someone to raise or sold him as an illegal adoption.

Since late 2012, I've helped Cathy T who is the mother of missing Aundria Bowman. Aundria Bowman has been missing from her adopted parents home since March 11, 1989. Cathy and I went to a lot of adoption related FB groups and blogs, we learned a huge lesson there that a lot of adoptees did not have the white picket fence with adoptive parents that cherished them. Instead, a lot were abused or despised because the adoptive parent had not had counseling to help them deal with their fertility issues. Each time they looked at the adopted child, they were reminded of their failure to be able to conceive, thus they never bonded with the child. We met one who's adoptive mother passed from a brain aneurysm when he was one, the adoptive father blamed him for her death. There were others that ended up in foster care until they aged out. It's possible Christopher ended up in foster care too. I'm not saying that all adoptions turned out bad, I know adoptees that had loving adoptive parents; it just seems that a large majority of them had a bad experience.

If Christopher is like most kids who were adopted or raised by parents he doesn't resemble, he very well could be curious who his family is and put his DNA in one of the family tree databases. There's a show called Who Do You Think You Are that he could have seen or the new show by Ancestry called Long Lost Family.

We recently did our DNA with Ancestry. I watch both of the shows I mentioned, seems like every time I watch TV there is another commercial about doing your DNA with Ancestry. A woman in her 60's matched to my son's DNA (my son is 2 months older then Christopher), she was never told who her father was. When her mother got pregnant, the parents wanted her to give the baby up for adoption, she left, never speaking to them again. Doing DNA with Ancestry, 23 and me and Family Tree has been their best option to find out their heritage and family name. I hope Christopher would want to do it too, so am hoping Bernice gets a match. I'm in the process of finding a DNA adoption angel to help when they're ready. They can then upload to the free databases in case Christopher has done that too. You just never know with how so many adoptees have been taking to Facebook to try to get answers

I'm glad they're taking cards. My dad loved getting cards when he had cancer. I used to hang a ribbon on the hospital wall when he was admitted, he loved seeing all the cards hanging. I bought a card when I posted above, I know what I want to say but am trying to figure out how to write it.

So did the family actually have to pay the woman $155K? And how did her being named a POI impact that court case? Seems like it should automatically reverse the decision of the judge since she is now named by LE!

If Christopher is still alive and if EB is the culprit, then the key to finding Christopher is through the dissemination of EB's photo circa '86 by national/international news. Appealing to the public... Did you help this woman by taking her infant son or did you buy her child? This was NOT her child but a kidnapped baby whose family has been searching for him since '86.

NCMC600552e1.jpg

New age progression for Christopher. He would be 32 years old today.

I have known about Christopher's disappearance for some time but have only now read into it and I'm shocked at what this poor family have to live with knowing while no action is being taken by authorities. It's clear who did this. Where is Christopher? How could this sick individual do this to a little innocent baby. Ugh, it makes me so angry.

If anyone will find their missing loved one, it is the Abeyta's... they are relentless.

12CC4D85-15A9-42A4-8B0F-2A8B7046D927.jpeg

Message posted on Denver7 News Facebook

“My name is Denise and I am searching for my missing baby brother Christopher Abeyta date of birth 11/28/1985. This is an age progressed image of what he might look like today at age 27. On 7/15/1986 someone came into our home in Colorado Springs, Colorado in the middle of the night and snatched him out of his crib.

Emma Bradshaw is the prime suspect who had been having an affair with my father. My parents had been separated and my mom and dad were reconciling.

The night of the disappearance was the first night my Dad spent the night back at the family home. Emma attempted to contact my father numerous times up until midnight. She missed work the day Christopher disappeared.

My parents awoke to an empty crib and they have desperately searched for my little brother for over a quarter of a century!

A new age progression photo was just released by NCMEC.

Since he was only an infant when he was kidnapped he probably has no idea he was kidnapped.

If Christopher finds this post, please know that we won't disrupt your life, we just need to know that you are well and want you to know we love you.

Press Release April 2, 2013 ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) is again asking for the public's help to locate Christopher Abeyta, who became missing July. 15, 1986. Christopher was 8 months old at the time of his disappearance.

Christopher was asleep in his crib when it is believed someone came into his home and abducted the child sometime between the hours of 12:30-2:30 a.m.

A new age progression shows what Christopher may look like now, at the age of 27.

The public is urged to call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-567 with any information they have concerning the disappearance or current whereabouts of Christopher.

Calls are kept confidential and may be made anonymously.

Christopher's age progression at 27 years old can be viewed at the following link.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk…/…/PubCaseSearchServlet…
Please share!”

Denise, if you're still here. I know your mom did Ancestry DNA, have you uploaded to the other free databases yet? If not please see my directions post here. I still feel that if she adopted out Chris he very well could do his DNA at any of the places... My Heritage, FTDNA then upload to GEDmatch and Genesis. If you don't watch the show Long Lost Family on TLC you should. Adopted people are looking for their bio family every day, especially with DNA

Are we getting any closer at all to this b being charged with this crime? To me, it couldn't be more obvious, but I'm not good with the legalities or knowing where we're at. It's gone on so long and she is laughing. Too hard. Are they getting closer on this poi?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back