Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Dec 31, 2016.

1. InsightfulSage

InsightfulSage Active Member

That seems so crazy! Yet, that seems like it's the only accident of it's kind, so maybe it's not as crazy as it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

It's been there for 43 years, and only had that one accident. A lot of people have enjoyed it safely in all those years.

3. AmyPond

AmyPond Well-Known Member

Yes, I know how to read. But that doesn't mean it freaks me out any less. I am unlucky and would probably slip. Tons of people go to the tops of tall buildings safely but that doesn't make it any less scary to me.

4. SerenitySprings

SerenitySprings New Member

I have been shocked over the past week to learn just how many people go missing in a week. Here where I live at least 5 kids have gone missing this week. 1 was found deceased, 1 was at a friend's house and is safe at home now, 2 are still missing, and 1 is back home but I don't have further details. And across the country, it's even more unbelievable. Why does this happen so often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

Did they release a cause of death for David?

6. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

I haven't yet seen a release of a cause of death but there was a memorial service on Sunday.

A memorial was held on Sunday for 6-year-old David Puckett.

Aurora Police Chief Nick Metz attended the service and posted on Twitter the child's aunt said David was "all boy" and his favorite phrase was "I like that."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/aur...s-attend-memorial-for-david-puckett/384065895

7. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

I remember when I was about 9 or 10 (so maybe about 1988?), a child fell into a residential pond near my mom's work and the child died (I don't recall if the child had been missing or what, but that was where they found them). I will always remember it. After that they fenced the pond in and kept it drained when they could. Then sometime in my 20's I drove by there and glanced at it and low and behold, no more fence and it was filled with new landscaping around it. I was completely shocked that they'd done that (maybe new management?). Just because it's been a while since something happened doesn't make it any less of a threat! I think about that child every single time I see that pond.

Editing to add that most likely this child was unable to get out of the pond I'm talking about is because it had a major slope. Unless you had something aiding you to climb out, it was way too steep.