Found Safe Co - Dean C. Wilfong, 60, Colorado Springs, 19 Jun 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Colorado Springs police seek man missing from Palmer Park

Missing Adult- Public Assistance Requested

The Colorado Springs Police Department is attempting to locate 60-year-old Dean C. Wilfong,who has not been heard from since he last went mountain biking in Palmer Park earlier this
morning. CSPD received a 911 call from a telephone linked to Mr. Wilfong just after 9:30AM,
and there are concerns he is in need of emergency assistance.
C387BF57-F8EA-423A-BFA8-B5444BB5BA78.jpeg
Mr. Wilfong is a white male, 5-06, 155 pounds, balding, with green eyes and a muscular build.
He was last seen wearing a white shirt and black shorts. He may be on a grey mountain bike.

Any person with information on Mr. Wilfong’s location is asked to immediately notify CSPD at 719-444-7000.

NOTE TO MEDIA: All updates will ONLY come from the Public Affairs Section when available.

Colorado Springs Police Department

Appears to be a lot of trails at the park

Google Maps
There is. I’ve actually had a friend get lost in Palmer park and had to call 911 to find him...

I used to live in the springs and so I’ve been seeing a lot of shared posts from the family/friends...and from what I’ve gathered they don’t think he ever made it into the Palmer park (just the parking lot) apparently his belongings were found under his car.

There is. I’ve actually had a friend get lost in Palmer park and had to call 911 to find him...

I used to live in the springs and so I’ve been seeing a lot of shared posts from the family/friends...and from what I’ve gathered they don’t think he ever made it into the Palmer park (just the parking lot) apparently his belongings were found under his car.
Oh that doesn't sound good. Is the park normally a safe place generally?

Thank goodness! Wonder how his stuff ended up under the car?
No idea. But it sounds like he went missing on his own accord? Kind of weird situation, called 911, belongings under his car...then called his wife at 1am to pick him up from wherever he was. That’s about all they’re saying.

The situation is odd. Why was he not answering his phone for over 12 hours. Was he riding his bike for that long? And if what he is saying is true, why not ride back to your car and drive home? The local newspaper interviewed him and he called the situation " a comedy of errors ". He said he called 911 on accident because he forgot his glasses and couldn't see the screen on his phone. He then said the strap to his helmet broke so he put it underneath his car. Why not put it in the vehicle. Police say the phone was turned off after the mistaken 911 call. He initially told his wife he was going for a short ride. So he's gone for 15 hours and doesn't call his wife? The article also said that weather was a factor in his reason for being gone so long. I live here in Colorado Springs.....something is not right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back