Identified! CO - Douglas Co, Hwy 67 near Horse Creek, WhtFem 13-20, 154UFCO, Jun'93 - Rebecca ‘Becky’ Redeker

I agree, you raise many good questions. Although tedious (work for LE, the questions you raise could very well solve this case, I've seen more tedious things solve a case). From my knowlege it isn't a normal procedure for one so young. The only issue I see is that those in that profession and others (my dad is a lawyer and I work for LE) that type of information cannot be shared with the public.

I don't know that this helps any, but -- the usual cause of a splenectomy in a young person is accident, having it rupture from impact. It happens in football and unusual but not unheard of in other sports, such as basketball, soccer, and sometimes gymnastics (after a fall). She's a good sized robust young woman who might have been an athlete.

Dedra is listed as Dedra Saxon on some pages (charley project) but Dedra Saxon Bracken on others. I just reviewed the rule outs for this Doe and see that Dedra is in fact a rule out but they put it under the last name of Bracken, not Saxon. Oh well.

There goes about four hours of my time. I guess that's the way it goes, though, right?

Nice catch. I looked at that list a couple of times and didn't notice it.

This has not been posted on in awhile. If there is another thread...let me know. I did find some profiles of missing young women that are not some of the 63 exclusions on Namus. I will post them below...what do you think? I am not great at facial comparisons...LOL. And I have yet to figure out how to superimpose images. With the splenectomy, it is possible it was an emergency (as they always are in event of injury either sports or domestic violence) that happened after leaving home...

MICHELLE LEE RICHARDSON

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

AMY DANIELLE GIBSON

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

MELISSA LYNN ECK

LURLINE M BERGERON

KAREN ANN SPENCER- The height is off. But, if a teenager is getting out of a car on an interstate, my guess is the family environment is not the greatest. Typically in cases like that, I would guess no-one was really paying attention to how tall she was or anything about her life at that point...it could be a guess. Plus, it is possible if the guess was wrong and she grew a few inches after she left home, the height could be close. ?

Also: Why wouldn't the police release the actual photo taken of the UID prior to her death? If they had pictures of the other "runaways" as well, couldn't they release those an hopefully someone would identify one of them, leading to identifying the UID? Just curious...Also, if I was a runaway, I would NOT tell the police which state I actually came from...Or even give a real name...

Or Suzanne Streeter...

streeter_suzanne2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/streeter_suzanne.html The height on here is a range.

Some news for this young lady

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (CBS4) – For nearly 20 years she has been known as “Jane Doe;” a teenager found dead at a Douglas County campground. With no identification found at the scene, no certain cause of death and no leads, she was buried in Castle Rock with her identity unknown.

Now CBS4 has learned that the Douglas County Coroner’s Office plans to exhume the young woman’s body Friday hoping to solve the mystery by obtaining new DNA samples that could potentially link to a positive identification.

On Friday a backhoe will be brought in to dig up her grave. Investigators will then extract a different type of DNA from the remains and enter that into a national database. Their hope is that the woman’s family reported her missing and provided a DNA sample to law enforcement in their area that would then yield a match.

“I hope the chances are very good,” said Brining. “I just feel it’s very important that families have answers, which is what we do, that’s our business.”

Brining said it will likely take four to five months to determine if the new DNA matches up with a sample already stored in a national database.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/10/douglas-county-to-exhume-cold-case-body/

https://identifyus.org/cases/2703
64 ruleouts as of December 16, 2013:

Robin Abrams 1962 Illinois
Donna Barnhill 1967 North Carolina
Ramona Beal 1970 California
Susan Bender 1970 California
Wilda Benoit 1978 Louisiana
Lurline Bergeron 1976 Florida
Kristy Booth 1960 Texas
Dedra Bracken 1973 Louisiana
Dedra Bracken 1973 Louisiana
Joyce Brewer 1955 Texas
Kellie Brownlee 1964 Michigan
Stephanie Buehler 1971 Texas
Judith Chartier 1964 Massachusetts
Misty Copsey 1978 Washington
Bonnie Dages 1975 Florida
Bonnie Dages 1975 Florida
Monique Daniels 1976 Oklahoma
Christine Eastin 1952 California
Martha Green 1970 Tennessee
Cherry Greenman 1956 Washington
Cassandra Hailey 1969 Virginia
Evelyn Hartley 1937 Wisconsin
Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
Tinze Huels 1967 Florida
Wendy Huggy 1965 Florida
Catrina Jackson 1973 Georgia
Pamela Jackson 1954 South Dakota
Rita Jolly 1955 Oregon
Kimberly Kahler 1964 California
Tracy Kroh 1972 Pennsylvania
Kim Larrow 1965 Michigan
Tina LAYTON 1971 California
Sabrina Long 1971 Georgia
Debora Lowe 1958 Florida
Stacie Madison 1970 Texas
Donna Mezo 1975 Illinois
Cheryl Miller 1953 South Dakota
Kimberly Moreau 1969 Maine
Kimberly Norwood 1976 Texas
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Amy Pagnac 1976 Minnesota
Jennifer Pentilla 1973 New Mexico
Kristina Porco 1970 South Carolina
Shannon Potter 1970 Maryland
Sharon Pretorius 1960 Ohio
Debra Pscholka 1958 California
Tammy Rothganger 1968 Missouri
Cindy Rowles 1968 New York
Nancy Scamurra 1970 New York
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Lisa Sexton 1966 Ohio
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Amanda Slaughter 1976 Texas
Susan Smalley 1969 Texas
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Mary Sprague 1960 Florida
Pamela Tinsley 1966 Oklahoma
Leah Van Schoick 1965 Florida
Darci Warde 1973 Washington
Darlene Webb 1962 Florida
Rochelle White 1951 California
Tammie Wilkinson 1965 Missouri
Kelly Wilson 1974 Texas
Elsa Wind 1979 Nevada

----------------------------

I'm still astonished that it wasn't Kelly Wilson...

This has been one of my pet cases. I can't believe she hasn't been identified yet.

I thought since she had a splenectomy, that would be an easy way to identify her since it is not common, unless of course, she was never reported missing.

My brother had his spleen removed a few years ago. He and his friend were drinking and then wrestling around and his friend hit him in the stomach. His spleen ruptured. (he had mononucleosis and didn't know it. He now has to have routine blood work since the spleen acts as a filter for blood as part of the immune system, and now he is more prone to infections.

I would think the UID would be under a doctor's care for that reason? Maybe not?

I don't know that this helps any, but -- the usual cause of a splenectomy in a young person is accident, having it rupture from impact. It happens in football and unusual but not unheard of in other sports, such as basketball, soccer, and sometimes gymnastics (after a fall). She's a good sized robust young woman who might have been an athlete.

My friend's daughter had a minor accident on her bicycle and ended up having to have hers out (at age 13ish.)

This has been one of my pet cases. I can't believe she hasn't been identified yet.

I thought since she had a splenectomy, that would be an easy way to identify her since it is not common, unless of course, she was never reported missing.

My brother had his spleen removed a few years ago. He and his friend were drinking and then wrestling around and his friend hit him in the stomach. His spleen ruptured. (he had mononucleosis and didn't know it. He now has to have routine blood work since the spleen acts as a filter for blood as part of the immune system, and now he is more prone to infections.

I would think the UID would be under a doctor's care for that reason? Maybe not?

Yes, probably she should have been, but at that age, who knows whether she was? If she was at the younger end of the range her parents were probably seeing to it, but college-age students tend to be pretty lax about their health. And if she was a runaway or had been in foster care, then almost certainly she didn't have access to good medical care.

And of course if she was reported missing, the report might have left off that information, or LE might be withholding it for identification purposes.

About the jewelry, I believe that these could be native american designs. Trying to confirm it searching google. I recognized the style of hook on the pendants as very simular to hand made native american turquoise jewelry pendant I used to have. Also, googling these cylinder shaped pointed end crystals seem to be common when googling native american crystal pendants.

If she is native american from a reservation she may not have been reported missing.

About the jewelry, I believe that these could be native american designs. Trying to confirm it searching google. I recognized the style of hook on the pendants as very simular to hand made native american turquoise jewelry pendant I used to have. Also, googling these cylinder shaped pointed end crystals seem to be common when googling native american crystal pendants.

If she is native american from a reservation she may not have been reported missing.

The crystal point doesn't necessarily have to be Native American.
Here in Colorado these crystal points are very popular in jewelry stores, rock shops, etc. They can be purchased individually, and a bellcap can be epoxied on, or purchased with a bellcap or bail on it already.
I can see the glue on both the tiger eye sphere/wizard hand pendant and also on this crystal point. Usually talon claws with a tiger eye sphere seems most popular here, but wizards were popular as well during this time period.
IMOO.

I read this whole thread, and there was a photo of the girl they thought it might be, they never released it.
Why would they not release it or try to identify the other friends to see if they can get a name or find out if this girl is still alive.
theres no point going off a photo of someone if its not even her.
Hope the exhuming got dna for them and this will be solved one day

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back