Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA make sure to mute your mic if you log in.

I’m watching via WebEx today. The pic and audio seems much better than Law and Crime feed imo. And the audio stays on when I jump back to other sites like here and Twitter!
I downloaded the app on my iPad then went to this site and clicked on JOIN under today’s date :

Colorado Judicial Branch - 6th Judicial District - Homepage

Last edited:
If Dylan spent the night as Mark claims surely there would be items that could of been used?

Also looking at the Walmart and Airport photos Dylan changed his t-shirt that night so are we really meant to be believe Dylan changed his clothes for bed but then packed up all his dirty clothes the following morning when he went on his hike.

That literally makes zero sense.

If Dylan spent the night as Mark claims surely there would be items that could of been used?

Also looking at the Walmart and Airport photos Dylan changed his t-shirt that night so are we really meant to be believe Dylan changed his clothes for bed but then packed up all his dirty clothes the following morning when he went on his hike.

That literally makes zero sense.
It's very suspicious to me that Mark tells the SAR guy that maybe Dylan went fishing and without hesitation said every single thing that Dylan brought with him was gone.

Why would Dylan leave to go fishing and take everything with him? Seems to me that Mark's statements don't line up very good. I would say because they are lies. JMO

It's very suspicious to me that Mark tells the SAR guy that maybe Dylan went fishing and without hesitation said every single thing that Dylan brought with him was gone.

Why would Dylan leave to go fishing and take everything with him? Seems to me that Mark's statements don't line up very good. I would say because they are lies. JMO

Exactly we have all been teenagers and this goes more for boys as well. Hygiene isn’t top of the agenda here let’s get honest so it just beggars belief that he took his duty laundry with him to hike and fish.

Mark told the SAR man, Roy Vreeland, that Dylan liked to go fishing. When asked where Dylan may go fishing Mark said either a stream across the street or the dam which is 9 miles away.

Dylan had no transportation to go to the dam so it's much more likely if he went fishing he would simply walk to the nearby stream. Why would he take everything he had to walk across the street to go fishing?

If Mark was trying to sow seeds that Dylan may have hitchhiked to get to the dam and go fishing one would have to wonder why Dylan would do that when he could go fishing close to the house. JMO

Also just to add to my last post - if Dylan was planning to just go fishing then why would he take all his stuff?

Then if we have him running away ( theory) then he wasn’t going to stop off for a bit of fishing on his travels as that would be ridiculous.

So none of Mark’s theory’s to me hold water here.

The most important part of cause is the no texting or calling his friends as well before we get into anything else.

It was Officer Barrett Potthoff that was with Vreeland. Don’t see him on the prosecution witness list, but he is on the defense list.

I spelled his name wrong on my notes.

Someone mentioned the marks on Dylan's skull resembled the filigree on the end of a fireplace poker. Where can I find pictures of his skull?

Dylan Redwine Update: Authorities search Colo. home of deceased boy's father

Aug 15, 2013

[..]

Mark Redwine tells KUSA that investigators removed sections of carpet and wood flooring Wednesday, dug a hole in his yard, and took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cellphone.

From the GJ Indictment (pg 3/7):

Forensic anthropologists determined that Dylan Redwine's skull had injuries consistent with blunt force trauma at two locations. According to forensic anthropologists, the skull had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by an animal or natural cause. These defects in Dylan's skull were perimortem, indicating that the bone still had characteristics of wet bone similar to a recently deceased person.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-con...nty-Grand-Jury-Indictment-of-Mark-Redwine.pdf

I believe much of the evidence collected here including the fireplace poker was told to media by MS MR as the search warrants were sealed.

Just as I recall reading about an alleged puncture to Dylan's skull similar to the tooth of wildlife, I think allegations about an injury from a fireplace poker also unfounded.

The Indictment, citing a forensic expert, specifically states skull had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by an animal.

Maybe I missed it but I don't recall any evidence of Dylan's DNA found on the fireplace poker.

I think we will have to wait until testimony from the coroner and forensic anthropologist for final clarification.

MOO

ETA: Correct to MR

Last edited:
I noticed that Law & Crime network has "cadaver dog handler" in the title of this video. I think that is incorrect.

What Roy is describing is a trailing dog. That's why he needed a scent article. To trail Dylan's scent. An HRD or cadaver dog is used to detect the scent of decomposing human remains from any source. JMO

Last edited:
After lunch break when Judge and attorneys first came back, I was viewing on WebEx and Defense told Judge that there will be a witness this afternoon former LEO from Sheriffs office. Defense wanted to inform that this witness was terminated due to be untruthful about stalking a girlfriend or ex gf and Def plans to question the witness about it due to it showing credibility. Prosecutor said actually witness lied to HR about his former wife insurance, he was going through bad divorce.
Pointed out that this witness was first LE responding and took initial report and after that he had no involvement in the case.
Judge told Def he can ask the witness about being terminated for lying but cannot bring up why and what, etc.
Jury was not present and a few in the gallery had trickled in at the end of it.

I had to run out for about an hour…did defense gain anything on this cross? TIA

We’re all these questions he is asking this witness brought up on direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong