CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to put in a request to use my press credentials to contact LE on this case.

I have a list of relevant questions already, but am very open to present any concerns that posters here have.

That article is from back on Nov 27th. Here's a more recent one from Dec 3rd

Authorities executed a search warrant last week at the house of Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan, but the father is not considered a suspect, said Capt. Jim Ezzell, chief investigator with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/-1/s

Has anyone ever seen where police said Elaine is not a person of interest or a suspect?

Exactly. The latest data from the Sheriff's Office is that Mark Redwine is not a suspect. All sleuthing of Mark Redwine on this site should have ceased at that time. In fact, I don't consider the same derrogatory information posted here over and over and over to be "websleuthing."

MOO

Exactly. The latest data from the Sheriff's Office is that Mark Redwine is not a suspect. All sleuthing of Mark Redwine on this site should have ceased at that time. In fact, I don't consider the same derrogatory information posted here over and over and over to be "websleuthing."

MOO

I do.

Great post! Here we are on yet another new thread and all we know for sure is that a child that communicated regularly with his loved ones and had no reason to flee them has disappeared without a trace.

That about sums it up. Still here, reading but not posting. Sorry i missed the drinks party last night- I was watching teevee and enjoying my first taste of Glenmorangie 18, a Christmas present. Slainte to you, PaulR!

Back at work tomorrow after a long holiday break. Thinking of the kids heading back to school in Colorado Springs without Dylan. Also puts me in front of a computer all day so I intend to reacquaint myself with MR's immediate neighbors and maybe do some mapwork that was suggested here a few days ago. Gotta do something!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

Where can I find that info? Thanks.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/s/A-boy’s-life--

He began texting one of his closest friends, Ryan Nava, the Sunday he flew to Durango.

Starting about noon Sunday, the two carried on a constant stream of banter. The back and forth continued as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible.

Dylan wanted to see Ryan on Sunday night, but his dad wouldn’t let him and Ryan was heading back from Pagosa Springs that night.

So instead, Dylan promised to come to Ryan’s grandmother’s house in Bayfield at 6:30 a.m. Monday.

The early hour didn’t surprise him, Nava said. Dylan was known to randomly show up.

Ryan received his last text from Dylan just after 8 p.m.

Dylan was planning to come to Ryan’s grandmother’s house, and he asked if she would care if he came over. And then the conversation ends.

Expecting Dylan, Ryan set his alarm and woke up at 6:30 a.m. At 6:46, he sent a text to his friend, asking where he was.

But Dylan never responded.

Nava said he would have expected Dylan to text him Monday morning if he overslept or at least to say when he was headed down to Bayfield.

Throughout the day Monday, Ryan texted Dylan, his messages becoming more and more urgent.

Ryan’s last text to Dylan was at 7:59 Monday night. “Are you alright dude? Dude you need to call somebody anybody asap we all worried about you your mom called and she’s worried bro,” it said. “Seriously when you get the message call someone.”

ecowan@durangoherald.com

I'm going to put in a request to use my press credentials to contact LE on this case.

I have a list of relevant questions already, but am very open to present any concerns that posters here have.

I think you will have to be creative with your questions in order to get some kind of answer, since they have said they won't comment on a current investigate. For instance you may want to ask something like "Is there a reason that people in the community should be afraid for their children?" "Given that Dylan is missing, is there something parents in the community should be doing to protect their children?" Terribly worded but YKWIM. :blushing:

Wish you the best of luck!

hmmm...it seems like so many want to blame the dad..
He was the last to see Dylan...
But...
Think about teenage sons ( i have lived through three :) ... they aren't as communicative as everyone is trying to make them out to be...YES - maybe to their friends they are - but often they just "act" ..
Two of my boys rely on cellphones - the youngest doesn't... it is a FACT however that they often forget to charge their phones and it doesn't necessarily phase them - "I'll just charge it later" - they go about their business fully expecting that whatever they are going to do will get done..
I don't put too much stock in the cell phone dilemma - especially when travelling- IMO the hitchhiking option is of much more concern...I can just see a determined young boy deciding to take it upon himself to get to where he wants to be...
I have an ex that is not my best friend- bad relations between parents does not necessarily equate danger for the offspring....
It is too easy in this case to try to blame Dylan's dad... IMO there is more at play than that-
But then again , I am often a tad naive...

Sadly when police give cryptic statements you either have to read between the lines & watch what they are doing / concentrating on, or wait for an arrest, because IMO the only other option is :banghead::banghead::banghead:

That article is from back on Nov 27th. Here's a more recent one from Dec 3rd

Authorities executed a search warrant last week at the house of Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan, but the father is not considered a suspect, said Capt. Jim Ezzell, chief investigator with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/-1/s

Has anyone ever seen where police said Elaine is not a person of interest or a suspect?

WTH!?
Why do I have no recollection of ever seeing this ?
I remember countless times talking about the ' we are not calling ' him a suspect. I don't remember ever them saying he's not considered one ! UGH !

If one or more of the RSOs had a shaky alibi, I think they'd say just what they said. Note that he doesn't specify the quality or reliability of the alibis, or even if they have verified them -

Phippen said all of the local registered sex offenders had been checked out and had alibis for the 48-hour period from when Dylan arrived at the airport to the time he was reported missing.

That's weird considering he was really only there like 12 hrs..........TOPS !

I would venture to say that 100% of the people posting on here really only WANT one thing, and that is for Dylan to be found.

I don't WANT to believe for a second that a father could be responsible for making his child disappear.

I don't WANT to think something horrible happened to Dylan and that the person responsible could be someone who should only love and protect Dylan.

This isn't a case where I (or probably anyone else) is going to get what we want. Unfortunately, something of a criminal nature happened to Dylan. That is the sad reality. Of course, we don't know all the facts, we can only speculate on the bits we have been given. Those bits, unfortunately for me, cause me to suspect MR.

Of course this is MOO

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/s/A-boy’s-life--

He began texting one of his closest friends, Ryan Nava, the Sunday he flew to Durango.

Starting about noon Sunday, the two carried on a constant stream of banter. The back and forth continued as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible.

Dylan wanted to see Ryan on Sunday night, but his dad wouldn’t let him and Ryan was heading back from Pagosa Springs that night.

So instead, Dylan promised to come to Ryan’s grandmother’s house in Bayfield at 6:30 a.m. Monday.

The early hour didn’t surprise him, Nava said. Dylan was known to randomly show up.

Ryan received his last text from Dylan just after 8 p.m.

Dylan was planning to come to Ryan’s grandmother’s house, and he asked if she would care if he came over. And then the conversation ends.

Expecting Dylan, Ryan set his alarm and woke up at 6:30 a.m. At 6:46, he sent a text to his friend, asking where he was.

But Dylan never responded.

Nava said he would have expected Dylan to text him Monday morning if he overslept or at least to say when he was headed down to Bayfield.

Throughout the day Monday, Ryan texted Dylan, his messages becoming more and more urgent.

Ryan’s last text to Dylan was at 7:59 Monday night. “Are you alright dude? Dude you need to call somebody anybody asap we all worried about you your mom called and she’s worried bro,” it said. “Seriously when you get the message call someone.”

ecowan@durangoherald.com

Thanks, katydid. I'm not seeing where it says there was no phone call, and I don't see anything that would preclude a phone call having been made. I guess we just see it differently.

hmmm...it seems like so many want to blame the dad..
He was the last to see Dylan...
But...
Think about teenage sons ( i have lived through three :) ... they aren't as communicative as everyone is trying to make them out to be...YES - maybe to their friends they are - but often they just "act" ..
Two of my boys rely on cellphones - the youngest doesn't... it is a FACT however that they often forget to charge their phones and it doesn't necessarily phase them - "I'll just charge it later" - they go about their business fully expecting that whatever they are going to do will get done..
I don't put too much stock in the cell phone dilemma - especially when travelling- IMO the hitchhiking option is of much more concern...I can just see a determined young boy deciding to take it upon himself to get to where he wants to be...
I have an ex that is not my best friend- bad relations between parents does not necessarily equate danger for the offspring....
It is too easy in this case to try to blame Dylan's dad... IMO there is more at play than that-
But then again , I am often a tad naive...

When your sons were at home with you, they had no reason to worry about charging their cells. But I bet if they were shipped off on a visitation, where their cell was their only way of being in contact with you, or each other or their friends, then in that case they WOULD make sure to charge their phone. imo.

When my kids would go to visit their grandparents, they were very reliant upon their cells. They felt isolated without them because they were hours away from home and their usual routines.

I feel like Dylan would have more attached to his phone on this trip, not less. I also think his mom knows him better than anyone and she certainly seemed to be distressed about his non-usage of the phone after 8pm on Sunday.

Everyone is saying how their kids act, and so on, and yet this is her child, she knows him intimately, so what she says matters most to me.

Thanks, katydid. I'm not seeing where it says there was no phone call, and I don't see anything that would preclude a phone call having been made. I guess we just see it differently.

"And then the conversation ends. ...But Dylan never responded.

His friend clearly states that Dylan NEVER RESPONDED after 8 pm. To me, 'never responded' would include phone calls.

And he never says that he spoke to Dylan. Why would he leave that out?

I feel like Dylan would have more attached to his phone on this trip, not less. I also think his mom knows him better than anyone and she certainly seemed to be distressed about his non-usage of the phone after 8pm on Sunday.

Everyone is saying how their kids act, and so on, and yet this is her child, she knows him intimately, so what she says matters most to me.

I have to agree .

Also this was the way they were to keep in contact so i do not believe for a second that Dylan was not told to keep the phone charged and on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member