CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning !
So what does everyone think of the interview ?
Do you think that MR speaking out means he does not have a lawyer ?
Or do you think that he does have a lawyer and the lawyer advised him to
go ahead and try to clear up some of his public perception?
Or do you think he does have a lawyer and the lawyer said No Way and
MR is just doing it against legal advice?

I tend to think no lawyer would approve this type of interview after weeks
of silence. So I'm thinking he never actually hired the lawyer or he's
completely ignoring his lawyer's advice.

Also I got a rather sick feeling last night that instead of clearing up lingering questions that after tonight we will be MORE
confused and have more questions and be further away from knowing anything about Dylan's whereabouts. :( I hope I'm wrong.

Can Mark not have a lawyer and still do the interview. I thought a Lawyer could advise him but he does not have to listen ?

<modsnip> He has a chance to actually speak up for Dylan and i hope he can do that.

They are really promoting the story on 9news. I've seen previews of it several times on Channel 9. I worry about a big build up to a big let down but am hoping not. Last night they were showing the reporter sitting (I assume with Bender) and some bags with evidence on a table in front of her. I couldn't tell what was in the evidence bags. I am assuming things from Mark's house (ipod, etc.). Any thoughts?

They are really promoting the story on 9news. I've seen previews of it several times on Channel 9. I worry about a big build up to a big let down but am hoping not. Last night they were showing the reporter sitting (I assume with Bender) and some bags with evidence on a table in front of her. I couldn't tell what was in the evidence bags. I am assuming things from Mark's house (ipod, etc.). Any thoughts?

I guess they do have a big scoop here. It is just weather or not it helps the case. Or if it will totally add more to the ever confusion that exists on this case.

I am a ever continual supporter of Elaine but even she keeps yo-yo back and forth in regards to Mark which does not help the matter at all and adds to the mess of this case .

I sometimes think she is trying to butter him up so Mark will talk to her but that horse bolted weeks ago so i do not get why she keeps changing her mind as she can not undo what she has said.

No but 2 months on I would of thought by now they knew she was not involved . I just think its Mark trying to pass the buck here . He is involved or its a random kidnapper :cow:

Deflect, it's as if he is saying - they are looking at everyone, then the questions/concerns they have for me are not unusual.

BTW we will know if MR is reading ws if he drops an IMOO bomb in the interview. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Deflect, it's as if he is saying - they are looking at everyone, then the questions/concerns they have for me are not unusual.

BTW we will know if MR is reading ws if he drops an IMOO bomb in the interview. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Or says something about 'sleuthing me' ? :what:

Exactly !!!

I am sure LE have looked at everybody but if there was a list of suspects then Mark would be heading or very near the top of any list :cow:

He may try and pretend everybody is in his boat but they are not as they was not the last person who saw Dylan .

Can Mark not have a lawyer and still do the interview. I thought a Lawyer could advise him but he does not have to listen ?

It will be interesting to see if Mark stops playing the victim and actually managers to put Dylan's plight before his own selfish needs . He has a chance to actually speak up for Dylan and i hope he can do that.

Oh goodness, attorneys may not like people to do interviews but they certainly can't stop you from talking and make you take their advice.

Look at so many times someone does an interview, even with the attorney there and then later....oops.

I'm horrible at names, but the cheerleader that had relations with the younger boy. Peterson, both of them. The PA footbal guy. Heck that's what I thought we had ID channel, 20/20, Investigative reports ------ confessions r us

O/T I have so many people saying "IMOO" now. It's comical to see & hear. Sometimes I just talk in acronyms to confuse others.
It works!

O/T I have so many people saying "IMOO" now. It's comical to see & hear. Sometimes I just talk in acronyms to confuse others.
It works!

I have actually said "LOL" instead of actually laughing. I tried to cover it with a cough but everybody at work heard it. And i got strange looks for the rest of the day.

So i really do not need to pick up the "imo" bug . I would die.

I agree with him that they have to look at everybody, it would be irresponsible not to do so. MOO That doesn't mean she had anything to do with him disappearing, but nothing should just be taken for granted. Even if she didn't do anything personally (and I highly doubt that she did), she has many friends, family members, co-workers, neighbors, etc. that could have. I would really hope that LE wouldn't just say that they aren't going to bother checking anybody else out because MR was the last one to see him, and Dylan didn't use his phone that day. JMO too.

I don't think he's saying that HE thinks she is a suspect, just that LE should look at every possibility that it could be someone she knows, the same as it being possible it's someone he knows.

In many cases, family members, esp. parents, are the last persons to be cleared, that's just how LE rolls sometimes. Even if it's evident a parent did not personally commit the crime, there is always a remote chance that they were involved, directly or indirectly.

No but 2 months on I would of thought by now they knew she was not involved . I just think its Mark trying to pass the buck here . He is involved or its a random kidnapper :cow:

I'm sure they do know, but keep in mind that in some other cases, it took YEARS to clear some persons completely. I don't believe Jaycee Dugard's stepdad was ever cleared, officially, and she was gone for 18 years.

LE still has to investigate people who have a connection to the missing person, even if those people are not possible suspects. They never know when they might run across somebody who either one of the parents know, but could have been involved. That's what investigations are about... talking to anyone and everyone who is even remotely connected, because that could lead to a big break. IOW, they know it wasn't her, but it could be someone she knows, if only slightly. Or someone any of them know, for that matter.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm sure they do know, but keep in mind that in some other cases, it took YEARS to clear some persons completely. I don't believe Jaycee Dugard's stepdad was ever cleared, officially, and she was gone for 18 years.

LE still has to investigate people who have a connection to the missing person, even if those people are not possible suspects. They never know when they might run across somebody who either one of the parents know, but could have been involved. That's what investigations are about... talking to anyone and everyone who is even remotely connected, because that could lead to a big break. IOW, they know it wasn't her, but it could be someone she knows, if only slightly. Or someone any of them know, for that matter.

I hope that makes sense.

I makes perfect sense. As I've said before, they start with the people closest and work their way out. IMO, they may question a parent and gleen important information and go from there. The landscaper that gave you the creeps, the neighbor that is lurking, the babysitter that paid too much attention, etc. etc. etc. However, a parent having knowledge, whether known or unknown, of a potential "unsub" does not equate to the parent having involvement.

MR is playing the "everyone is a suspect" card intentionally. They are looking at everyone, not just me. This is normal for them to check me out, it's part of the process. They really don't think I'm involved, they HAVE to look at everyone.

(couldn't resist putting that "unsub":blushing: in)

Personally I find both parents selfish and self-centered. They both seem to be focused on themselves and not their missing child. Was this always their pattern? IMHO most likely. The father seems more concerned about how he's being perceived and the mother's early statements about how she could have married someone who could have done something to their child is about her and not the child. I can see a scenario where the child felt like a ping pong ball and left to strike out on his own and encountered the wrong person. All IMHO. I'm a little behind here and trying to catch up but I've gotten this feeling from the beginning.

Personally I find both parents selfish and self-centered. They both seem to be focused on themselves and not their missing child. Was this always their pattern? IMHO most likely. The father seems more concerned about how he's being perceived and the mother's early statements about how she could have married someone who could have done something to their child is about her and not the child. I can see a scenario where the child felt like a ping pong ball and left to strike out on his own and encountered the wrong person. All IMHO. I'm a little behind here and trying to catch up but I've gotten this feeling from the beginning.

IMO the mother has not been selfish at all, she has appeared and hosted fund raisers, searched for Dylan, get billboards up and conducted several interviews all for Dylan. I don't believe that one out of how many times, she mentions her thoughts about marrying someone who could have hurt their child makes her selfish. I don't see that.

http://www.krdo.com/news/Redwine-fa...ance/-/417220/18076238/-/npdmtsz/-/index.html

"I'm Dylan's mom. I've got to hope he's out there safe and whoever knows, has him, has compassion in their hearts to let him come home to his family," said Elaine.

Though her frustration with Mark is clear, she doesn't believe he would hurt their son.

"In my mind, I can't fathom a parent hurting their own child. I don't want to believe I picked so wrong that my ex-husband could hurt our son. So no, I don't believe that," said Elaine.

BTW - that was my thought as well. To think that I may have picked someone that could harm a child absolutely boggles my mind.

IMO the mother has not been selfish at all, she has appeared and hosted fund raisers, searched for Dylan, get billboards up and conducted several interviews all for Dylan. I don't believe that one out of how many times, she mentions her thoughts about marrying someone who could have hurt their child makes her selfish. I don't see that.

http://www.krdo.com/news/Redwine-fa...ance/-/417220/18076238/-/npdmtsz/-/index.html

"I'm Dylan's mom. I've got to hope he's out there safe and whoever knows, has him, has compassion in their hearts to let him come home to his family," said Elaine.

Though her frustration with Mark is clear, she doesn't believe he would hurt their son.

"In my mind, I can't fathom a parent hurting their own child. I don't want to believe I picked so wrong that my ex-husband could hurt our son.[/B] So no, I don't believe that," said Elaine.

BTW - that was my thought as well. To think that I may have picked someone that could harm a child absolutely boggles my mind.

BBM - The statement just stuck in my craw from the very beginning.

"In my mind, I can't fathom a parent hurting their own child. I don't want to believe I picked so wrong that my ex-husband could hurt our son. So no, I don't believe that," said Elaine.

I agree with you.

I sure hope the intent of this reporter and this tv station is to help find Dylan . If they get good ratings for the show, great ! But if they put this together merely for ratings and try to make a big public mudslinging fiasco out of it that answers nothing and leaves everyone in the MR or the ER camp, then shame on them. Its' developing a circus atmosphere to it and I don't like it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23