CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they save time and scent at MR's first? Hmm as I write that I see a problem already, if the dogs can scent that old, wouldn't they just be picking up scent from an earlier visit?

Well, I think I read that one of these dogs hit on something at the lake so I'm sure that will be an early search locale also.

Was that a search today or recently?

So I'm bringing over my last post for something new to talk about.
I hope they start at the last place Dylan was videoed (Walmart or McDonalds). Dogs followed a scent for many miles in the Amber Dubois case. No one believed that they had the correct trail, but when they finally located her body, the dogs were spot on as far as they could manage.http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/search-dogs-came-close-seeking-amber-last-year/

Those dogs were brought in 6 months later and still found a trail.

Dogs didn't find Amber. Gardner gave up location of the body. So how were the dogs spot on? If Gardner didn't get caught after killing another girl, Amber wouldn't have been found.

Dogs didn't find Amber. Gardner gave up location of the body. So how were the dogs spot on? If Gardner didn't get caught after killing another girl, Amber wouldn't have been found.
Yes, that's what this says. It says the dogs tracked her body, not that they found her body.
If you read my post I said that they were spot on as far as they could manage.
If you read the article, it explains that they could only get about three miles south of where the body was located.
That was still a good 25 miles or more that they tracked her scent 6 months after she disappeared. You have to read the links.

Someone asked about this from the previous thread:

A NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away.

Thanks for this

what about a favorite place , or, one of sentimental value

[/B]

Was that a search today or recently?

Earlier, when Wendy was up there back around the first week of February. I'll find the article LE, but it said her dogs hit on something at the lake, but that Wendy didn't think Dylan was there.

ETA: http://www.gazette.com/articles/forensics-150683-boy-monument.html

“I don’t believe that’s where he is,” Kessinger said. “I looked at the lake. I was there already. One of my dogs gave me an indication in one area that I’m going to check out, but I’m going to sit and talk with the family."

Amber's mom ... Carrie McGonigle is fierce. She rock's. You may need to read up on Amber Dubois case. JMO

Oh YEAH, I know that...she awesome ~ a hero to me & I expect we will hear even more great things in the future. Never under-estimate a MOM!

Yes, that's what this says. It says the dogs tracked her body, not that they found her body.
If you read my post I said that they were spot on as far as they could manage.
If you read the article, it explains that they could only get about three miles south of where the body was located.
That was still a good 25 miles or more that they tracked her scent 6 months after she disappeared. You have to read the links.

I am perfectly aware of what is claimed, and I don't believe dogs were tracking her scent.

I read those links and I don't believe dogs were tracking her scent.
As well you are entitled to believe. I know the area. I completely believe they tracked her, as that is an unusual place for the dogs to have gone. As I am entitled to believe.

Guys - PLEASE STOP! Don't RESPOND. That just derails the thread and costs us mods twice as much work.

STOP responding. Just alert the post and move on.

And as an aside - I am letting the post regarding Amber's family stand. It is true. Amber's case is here at Websleuths, so if you have an interest, you can check it out.

That's why you need to ALERT and let the mods deal with it. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation.

Salem

A NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away.

Hi pensfan :seeya:
What case study are you siting? Would love to read them. TIA.

Yes, in an alternative universe where everything runs smoothly, I'd like to think the dogs could pick up the scent at the last videoed place, follow it to Mark's house, then follow that same trail to wherever it goes, not an older one. I have a dream....

I guess what I was thinking was the stated path was McDonalds to MR's house. If that was true, then the dogs should be able to go straight to MR's house to start, saving probably days of effort searching between those two locations.

The only reason IMO to search between McDonald's and the house is if they don't believe Dylan ever got to the house. Which I hope they'd be able to prove with the dogs or LE may already have proven through some other means.

IMO

I guess what I was thinking was the stated path was McDonalds to MR's house. If that was true, then the dogs should be able to go straight to MR's house to start, saving probably days of effort searching between those two locations.

The only reason IMO to search between McDonald's and the house is if they don't believe Dylan ever got to the house. Which I hope they'd be able to prove with the dogs or LE may already have proven through some other means.

IMO

Searching between McDonalds and the house, though, could also verify that Dylan was at the house, kwim? I think it is one of the problems with this case, as has been pointed out previously - there is no way to verify that Dylan even made it to MR's. There are no eye witnesses (that we know about, anyway) and no one that saw Dylan besides MR.

Dylan never said where he was (that we know of) in his texts to RN. So unless Dylan was texting others, and LE knows that it could be helpful to start at McDonalds and work towards Vallecito.

Salem

So good to see you here! Hopefully you will get the chance to watch the Dr. Phil show & give your opinion:) Always appreciate your input!

Evidently, LE has not been able to prove that Dylan was NOT at the house, since they seem to be basing their two vague theories on his having been there.

Evidently, LE has not been able to prove that Dylan was NOT at the house, since they seem to be basing their two vague theories on his having been there.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. So even if LE found no evidence of Dylan being in the house, they can't prove he was not there.
And the timing of 9:37 pm text suggests he had to make it to the house (whereas 8 pm texts might have still been while driving).

It could be really telling then, where the dogs search, no?

Would LE share information with this search team that they have not shared with the parents?

It could be really telling then, where the dogs search, no?

Would LE share information with this search team that they have not shared with the parents?

I am not sure this team is even communicating with LE.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members