CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it in a completely different light. I think that it is foolish to allow a personal tragedy to be used as Talking Head Entertainment. No talking head will ever solve a crime, and I've yet to see a talking head properly research a case such that the audience is left with a clear understanding of the facts.

Regarding the father, if he was going to stage the disappearance of his son, why wouldn't he at least stage the backpack at the house to prove that his son actually got there? Why would a father that is finally going to spend some time with his son make him vanish? Is there any factual reason for the father to want to make his son vanish from the face of the earth?

Since the son actually did disappear, what staging are you talking about?

I understand that . I realize what is probable. But so much talk of Dylan and where he could be and what's happened to him has made me block the word' body ' from my mind . I just want the one in a million, miraculous ending !

I don't know about that. Do people really want to have a camera shoved in their face while someone asks:

"So, how did you feel when you realized your son was missing?"

To me the Dr Phil show is an opportunity to get Dylan's face and name out to millions of people. If MR is not involved this is extremely important is it not?

Who cares about exposing family drama! It's not about them, it's about finding Dylan!!

I see it in a completely different light. I think that it is foolish to allow a personal tragedy to be used as Talking Head Entertainment. No talking head will ever solve a crime, and I've yet to see a talking head properly research a case such that the audience is left with a clear understanding of the facts.

Regarding the father, if he was going to stage the disappearance of his son, why wouldn't he at least stage the backpack at the house to prove that his son actually got there? Why would a father that is finally going to spend some time with his son make him vanish? Is there any factual reason for the father to want to make his son vanish from the face of the earth?

I am from the u,k so I have no idea what will happen on the show but if 2 million (a guess as no idea on viewing figures) then that is 2 million more people who will know Dylan's face which can only be a good thing IMO .

This is about getting Dylan national exposure I thought ?!

I have also thought Mark lashed out to make Elaine pay and this has never changed for me . He clearly has massive issues with Elaine and this is one way to make her pay :cow:

He is still way to obsessed with his ex wife who had moved on and had a good new life and had started over and had made a success of it .

Since the son actually did disappear, what staging are you talking about?

Assuming that the dad did something to his son, I'm asking why the dad didn't stage the scene to make it appear as though his son arrived at his house? If dad did something to his son, why isn't the backpack at the house?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ultiple-tips-to-find-possible-witness-in-case

"The investigation is still active and continuing with several Investigators working on the case both on the phone and in the field almost daily," Bender said.

Article posted today. The bolded part makes me sad. They should be working daily not almost daily. IMO. Though I do understand that there are other cases that they also must take care of.

The reality is LE can only do so much. Last report they are getting very few tips.

Just wanted to send out positive vibes for the dogs today! :beagle: I pray the search will be fruitful!
May today be the day Dylan is found. :crossfingers:

Sorry , must respectfully disagree . It's not whether or not Dr Phil can solve the case. I think it's whether one of his viewers, a few counties or even states away , who has no idea about Dylan, may see the show and think, Holy cow, I saw that kid Or OMG my neighbor was such a weirdo when he came back from camping in that area OR something like that. It could happen. Is it probable ? Maybe not, but there are very few chances left to find out what happened IMHO

I would be more inclined to see it your way if the show is focused on Dylan. By insisting that Mark appear tends to make me feel that Dylan wont be the focus. MOO.

Assuming that the dad did something to his son, I'm asking why the dad didn't stage the scene to make it appear as though his son arrived at his house? If dad did something to his son, why isn't the backpack at the house?

I am very confused. If backpack was in the house, but the son was gone, how is that any better than if both backpack and son are gone? Is that any more convincing somehow? Why would the son be gone without the backpack?

To me the Dr Phil show is an opportunity to get Dylan's face and name out to millions of people. If MR is not involved this is extremely important is it not?

Who cares about exposing family drama! It's not about them, it's about finding Dylan!!

If Dylan is walking around in Disneyland, then sure, getting his photo on TV is helpful. It's most likely that Dylan was murdered, so there's no advantage to putting his picture on TV. Furthermore, putting his picture on TV can be done without asking the parents how they "feel" about their loss.

If Dylan is walking around in Disneyland, then sure, getting his photo on TV is helpful. It's most likely that Dylan was murdered, so there's no advantage to putting his picture on TV. Furthermore, putting his picture on TV can be done without asking the parents how they "feel" about their loss.

Well, the father claims he believes Dylan is alive.

I don't know about that. Do people really want to have a camera shoved in their face while someone asks:

"So, how did you feel when you realized your son was missing?"

What? Did you quote the wrong post? I don't get the connection to the two.

Then I guess the billboards, fliers and all of that are just a total waste of time and effort too? Most missing persons are probably dead, so why bother huh? I get it.

I am very confused. If backpack was in the house, but the son was gone, how is that any better than if both backpack and son are gone? Is that any more convincing somehow? Why would the son be gone without the backpack?

People are doubting that Dylan ever arrived at the house. People are doubting that he left voluntarily with his backpack. If the dad did something to Dylan and wanted everyone to believe that Dylan arrived safely at his house, then he should have made sure that there was some proof that Dylan arrived ... the obvious thing being that the packback should be at the house. Since it isn't at the house, it is either a very poorly thought out crime, or Dylan arrived and left, taking his backpack with him.

I would be more inclined to see it your way if the show is focused on Dylan. By insisting that Mark appear tends to make me feel that Dylan wont be the focus. MOO.

I don't know what will happen. I'm hopeful that it will be a classy piece and not a free for all on MR. Either way this will either elevate or disintegrate Dr Phil for most of us on WS anyway , right?
Do it right Dr Phil !!!!!

I feel Elanine and MR will both be in control on Dr Phil. I'm sure dirty laundry will come out, but I don't think it is going to happen the way people think it will. MR is very controlled when talking with others. He keeps his temper and emotions in check while on camera.i don't think this will be an all out verbal attack between them. CR is the wild card, but he wants to find his brother so much that I believe he will control how he reacts to MR. Of course this is all my own opinion.

The most important part will be that Dylan will get the exposure he needs.

Sorry , must respectfully disagree . It's not whether or not Dr Phil can solve the case. I think it's whether one of his viewers, a few counties or even states away , who has no idea about Dylan, may see the show and think, Holy cow, I saw that kid Or OMG my neighbor was such a weirdo when he came back from camping in that area OR something like that. It could happen. Is it probable ? Maybe not, but there are very few chances left to find out what happened IMHO

If the objective is to put Dylan's picture and the facts surrounding the disappearance on the news, Dr Drew should be able to manage that without asking the dad how he feels about his loss.

I've never seen anything saying Dr Phil would not do the show without MR. Does anyone have a link?

Some people feel that Dylan wouldn't leave the house to go fishing or to see his friends carrying the backpack.

People are doubting that Dylan ever arrived at the house. People are doubting that he left voluntarily with his backpack. If the dad did something to Dylan and wanted everyone to believe that Dylan arrived safely at his house, then he should have made sure that there was some proof that Dylan arrived ... the obvious thing being that the packback should be at the house. Since it isn't at the house, it is either a very poorly thought out crime, or Dylan arrived and left, taking his backpack with him.

Well, there was an article that claimed several items of clothing was left on the couch. Yet the latest interview claims nothing was found. And despite the lack of backpack, police appear to think Dylan made it to the house. So I am really not sure where this argument is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire