CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so. I haven't seen all the Dr. Phil shows by any means, but I've never seen one where he didn't offer to arrange therapy/counseling/rehab, some kind of follow up for his guests with various problems. All MOO

Very true. I don't think he himself would probably follow up unless there's some reason to have this on again as a future story, but I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't set up some followup counseling for them.

Quick question, anyone know where tomorrow's Dr. Phil discussion area will be? I know the basement, but I get sorta lost down there. Would it be the Parking Lot? Thanks!

Quick question, anyone know where tomorrow's Dr. Phil discussion area will be? I know the basement, but I get sorta lost down there. Would it be the Parking Lot? Thanks!

the parking lot I'd think, although there was mention of people needing to register their interest prior to the show, I haven't seen anything further on that

the parking lot I'd think, although there was mention of people needing to register their interest prior to the show, I haven't seen anything further on that

I believe that just meant you had to be a member and signed in to read and comment in the members' forums. All MOO

I hope somebody transcribes. All I will get to see will be on the website, but that is the price I pay for not having cable.....

I think txjan(numbers) said she was going to transcribe it, but it'll obviously be a bit later than the show. MOO

IIRC there are documents that would verify the information, however advised by mods and others that she should not provide the documentation, people could choose to believe or not.

It's only libel if it's not true. :great:

IIRC there are documents that would verify the information, however advised by mods and others that she should not provide the documentation, people could choose to believe or not.

Alleging that someone committed felony assault and battery should have an accompanying arrest and conviction. That's the only verifiable paperwork, and as far as I know it doesn't exist.

Alleging that someone committed felony assault and battery should have an accompanying arrest and conviction. That's the only paperwork that matters, and as far as I know it doesn't exist. If it's civil 'he said she said' paperwork only, it's worth little to nothing. IMO.

how many women being subjected to DV report that they were assaulted? very few do because they fear upsetting the abuser further.

its why people are so shocked if they do leave and then tell what went on, because its behind closed doors with threats if they tell anyone, the bruises are often in places where people can't see them, or that old excuse of I walked into a door or fell comes out.

So I guess if an abused women only finds enough courage to file a restraining order against her abuser, it means nothing and it's "only paperwork" to some folks. Good to know. It explains why we are still burying women who are the victims of domestic violence and why I spend my days sending kids to therapy who witness this behavior. Nothing serious though.

Alleging that someone committed felony assault and battery should have an accompanying arrest and conviction. That's the only paperwork that matters, and as far as I know it doesn't exist. If it's civil 'he said she said' paperwork only, it's worth little to nothing. IMO.

Well, OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were acquitted, but I don't think anyone's inviting them over for drinks or leaving their kids with them. Actually, I guess OJ wouldn't be able to make it cause he got tied up with some other stuff. Anyway....

Okay, folks. Locking it up for the night. The morning mods will open it up bright and early.

Goodnight!

The doors to this thread will open a little bit before the show time. Unfortunately the doors were closed for personal attacks and snark last night. If the doors are not open by show time please alert the thread and a moderator will open the doors.

The doors to this thread will open a little bit before the show time. Unfortunately the doors were closed for personal attacks and snark last night. If the doors are not open by show time please alert the thread and a moderator will open the doors.

Starting a new thread that will be opened so alert on the new one if its not opened in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong