CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

Status
Not open for further replies.

absentia

Reaction score
The campsite is at the dead end of co 500, which MR lives on. There is a big rock formation to the right of that. I posted a google link above. I don't know if that is the campground and rock formation MR is referring to or not.

If you follow the river south down co 500 it comes out at the east side of the 5 branch area where the dogs got the hits. Mushroom lane that was referred to above is right near there.

Co Rd 500, Bayfield, CO - Google Maps

eta: co 500 doesn't follow the river all the way to the lake. But if you walked down the river bank from where MR lives, you would end up at the spot on the map.

county road 501 ends up right at 5 branch campground. beach, boat launch. etc.

thanks for the map. (you're the map!) - sorry, it's all Dora all the time tonight. (I have a 3 yo).

That campsite at the end of his road and the way it leads via trails to the creek has always bothered me. I now think the phone died at 9:30 when they reached the campground. whatever happened, happened there, and disposal happened at the lake (5 branch area? - there's a boat launch there?). now, where is the bridge and why would it be relevant in the above scenario? is it over the lake or a creek running into the lake? could MR be insinuating that DR fell into the Lake/res from the bridge?

Kamille

Shine bright like a diamond
Reaction score
Do we happen to have any info on cell phone pings from Dylan's phone? That would be very interesting information to have.

If his phone stopped pinging at a certain time, then that would make or break MRs story. If his phone pinged last near where he may be found shortly after 9:30 p.m. that would be a problem. But if there were pings during the time when MR was elsewhere, he would have an alibi.

I'm saying this in still thinking this may be a terrible accident. But we shall see. As much as I hate to admit it, I believe they have found Dylan.

Dylan would not have gotten up, had cereal, turned on the tv, contacted no one, packed up all his belongings in his backpack, grabbed his fishing pole and set out to the river to go fishing in 40 degree temperatures, with no coat and with that backpack on his back. This makes absolutely no sense. Everything he brought with him is missing. He went off the radar at 9:37pm the night before. His father is claiming he was still awake at 10:30pm. If Dylan is found in that river or lake, it was no accident.

MOO

absentia

Reaction score
Huh? Do you mean the dogs today ? Or do you mean they have found as in they KNOW where he is , but not physically ' found ' him yet? tks

I agree that they have found DR in that the hits the dogs are getting are DR's, but they can't get to him through the ice.
so sad.

RANCH

United we stand, divided we fall.
Reaction score
I agree that they have found DR in that the hits the dogs are getting are DR's, but they can't get to him through the ice.
so sad.
So it's confirmed that the HRD dogs have alerted on the frozen lake?

ICUDOUCME

Reaction score
So it's confirmed that the HRD dogs have alerted on the frozen lake?

NO not really the lake, the river area where 5 rivers branch off to feed the lake. So another words they have several hits in the area of the rivers.

RANCH

Reaction score
NO not really the lake, the river area where 5 rivers branch off to feed the lake. So another words they have several hits in the area of the rivers.

So they do have a particular spot that the HRD dogs alerted on but it's covered by ice. Is that what is going on?

The Cheese

Reaction score
This is what the article said, Ranch.

near Vallecito Lake, one of the focal points in the three-month search.

"We had a couple of hits in that area," said Wendy Kessenger of K9 Forensics. "What we did is we moved it closer to east side of lake where the five branch rivers flow into each on that side and we had many alerts going off there."

The K9 group from Edgewood has been in the Vallecito area for two weeks. They say while they have gotten scents, they have not found any sign of Dylan.

snipped

The group is expected to search for a couple more days.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/dog-team-finds-scent-in-search-for-boy

jjenny

Reaction score
so sad.

They didn't find DR. Cadaver dogs hit on the scent of decomposition.
SO cadaver dogs making a hit does not mean anybody found DR.

TheDuchess

Reaction score
FWIW:

http://www.nickandmore.com/schedules/networks/teennick/2012/111912.txt

TeenNick
November 19 - 25, 2012

Monday, November 19

6:00AM Zoey 101
6:30AM Zoey 101
7:00AM Winx Club
7:30AM Ned's Declassified
8:00AM Ned's Declassified
8:30AM Ned's Declassified
9:00AM VICTORiOUS
9:30AM VICTORiOUS
10:00AM Big Time Rush
10:30AM Big Time Rush
11:00AM How to Rock
11:30AM How to Rock

http://www.nickandmore.com/schedules/networks/nicktoons/2012/111912.txt

Nicktoons
November 19 - 25, 2012

Monday, November 19

6:00AM Jimmy Neutron
6:30AM Jimmy Neutron
7:00AM Back at the Barnyard
7:30AM Back at the Barnyard
8:00AM Power Rangers Samurai
8:30AM Power Rangers Samurai
9:00AM Invader ZIM
9:30AM Invader ZIM
10:00AM Jimmy Neutron
10:30AM Jimmy Neutron
11:00AM Jimmy Neutron
11:30AM Planet Sheen

http://www.nickandmore.com/schedules/networks/nickelodeon/

Nickelodeon
November 19 - 25, 2012

Monday, November 19

6:00AM Full House
6:30AM Full House
7:00AM SpongeBob SquarePants
7:30AM SpongeBob SquarePants
8:00AM Dora the Explorer
8:30AM Dora the Explorer - "Dora's Royal Rescue"
9:30AM Dora the Explorer - "Dora's Thanksgiving Day Parade" (NEW)
10:00AM Max & Ruby - "Max and Ruby Give Thanks / Max Leaves / Ruby's Fall Pageant" (NEW)
10:30AM Team Umizoomi
11:00AM Bubble Guppies
11:30AM Bubble Guppies

RANCH

Reaction score
This is what the article said, Ranch.

near Vallecito Lake, one of the focal points in the three-month search.

"We had a couple of hits in that area," said Wendy Kessenger of K9 Forensics. "What we did is we moved it closer to east side of lake where the five branch rivers flow into each on that side and we had many alerts going off there."

The K9 group from Edgewood has been in the Vallecito area for two weeks. They say while they have gotten scents, they have not found any sign of Dylan.

snipped

The group is expected to search for a couple more days.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/dog-team-finds-scent-in-search-for-boy

Thanks. Kind of a puzzling report. She talks about "a couple of hits" in one area and then they moved somewhere else and got "many alerts."

I assume these alerts are on human remains. So they have possible human remains in different locations? I'm not sure what she's saying.

Confusion

Creative Spelling Expert
Reaction score
Once again, I'm going to have to show off my ignorance. :blushing: Is there a difference (to the HRDs) between blood from a living person and that of someone who is deceased? I've just been wondering if someone could have been injured badly in that area and lost blood in several places before getting help, getting out of the area (by car or boat) and/or stopping the bleeding. TIA

cluciano63

Reaction score
Once again, I'm going to have to show off my ignorance. :blushing: Is there a difference (to the HRDs) between blood from a living person and that of someone who is deceased? I've just been wondering if someone could have been injured badly in that area and lost blood in several places before getting help, getting out of the area (by car or boat) and/or stopping the bleeding. TIA

The answer will be the same we have seen from the experts many times; well-trained dogs would not hit on blood from a living person. They are trained to scent the very specific smell of human remains decay, not any skin particles that drop off, or blood from a cut.

RANCH

Reaction score

It depends on what their trained with. Sometimes it's human blood. And blood from a living person can decompose just like it would if it were from a dead person. MOO.

asyousay

Reaction score
It's sad as I assume nobody is really any better off and it is still a waiting game until spring and everything thaws .

Confusion

Creative Spelling Expert
Reaction score
Thank you both. I guess I'm getting desperate to keep the image of DR alive for as long as possible. While reading about the dogs' alerts, I thought about an accident a friend's little brother (and my little brother's friend) had while ice skating years ago. He hurt his finger, and pulled off his gloves when the blood started gushing out (and the pain hit him). The tip of his finger was missing, and they were looking all over for it while waiting for someone to get him a ride to the hospital. In his case, it was just been the blood that was left behind because they eventually found the fingertip in his glove. They were able to sew it back on, and it looks perfectly normal now. Maybe I'm a bit demented to hope somebody else got hurt badly out there, but it seems like it's about the only way that Dylan is still alive. MOO

RANCH

Reaction score
Here's what one of our HRD dog experts said about blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
So am I understanding right that a cadaver dog will NOT hit on blood that at one time belonged to a living being? Or they will?
An HRD dog WILL alert on human blood.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7273912&postcount=151"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Human Remains (*cadaver) Detection (HRD) dog questions and answers **NO DISCUSSION**[/ame]

Confusion

Creative Spelling Expert
Reaction score

catswhiskers

Reaction score
are they referring to the rock wall that is at the south end of the lake? it's under water, as if part of a dam. looking at it on google maps always creeps me out.

Oh me too - I try to imagine what it was like before it was made into a dam! It's massive - was it some sort of gorge or something originally?

catswhiskers

Reaction score
The campsite is at the dead end of co 500, which MR lives on. There is a big rock formation to the right of that. I posted a google link above. I don't know if that is the campground and rock formation MR is referring to or not.

If you follow the river south down co 500 it comes out at the east side of the 5 branch area where the dogs got the hits. Mushroom lane that was referred to above is right near there.

eta: co 500 doesn't follow the river all the way to the lake. But if you walked down the river bank from where MR lives, you would end up at the spot on the map.

MR said the rock wall right behind his house - you can see it in pics of his home and when you look at google satellite images of his home too.

Status
Not open for further replies.