CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be common knowledge to most people, but I'm lost. I believe they use dogs to search for survivors after many kinds of natural disasters (earthquakes, avalanches, hurricanes, etc.), but I've been trying to think of what they call them/their training. I think they just search for any sign of life and possibly track whatever scent they may find, but aren't looking for a specific person. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, what they're called? (Other than just SAR) I've just been wondering if that might be what they used on Monday and Tuesday after Dylan disappeared so they didn't actually need a scent item - but also couldn't know if it was Dylan the dog/s found. Considering what the area is like, it seems like they might be used a lot for finding lost campers, hikers, etc. TIA

BBM

Yup

Here's sarx blog about it

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?b=704
Types of SAR K9 (Dogs) an overview of who does what and how

IN MOST MISSING PERSON CASES A TRAILING DOG SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY CALLED OUT. THIS IS OFTEN THE FASTEST AND MOST EFFICIENT MEANS TO FIND A MISSING PERSON.

more....

Re: Dylan going to bed early that lst night

I watched the lst interview & I heard nothing. I think there is another interview early Dec. but I couldn't find it.

So the only reference at this point I could find was from a NG transcript:

HESS: The dad said that Dylan had been up fairly late, the evening before he flew -- the night before he flew in to Durango. And he was really tired they had gone to bed. And that he had gotten up in the morning, stirred around the house, made some noise trying to get Dylan up, and Dylan didn`t want to get up and go into town at that time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Originally Posted by song22
My sweet 13 year old shitzu just passed away this week. When he started dying, our lab and all the cats knew what was happening and surrounded him, stayed near. The cats kept sniffing him. The lab licked his face. He passed away peacefully, but all the animals knew he was dying.

So sorry for your loss. :hug:

Sorry too. One of our cats just died a natural death after years of liver failure/tumor. It was amazing to witness her pass naturally. Sad, but it helped give understanding. Witnessing it and having it be on her terms, at her time, in her way, and being there as she let go really helped give a deep acceptance and understanding. Sad.

This just breaks my heart (((hugs))). I have a very old German Shepherd who has only a short number of days left. She is a great dog and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I dread the day she is no longer by my side. :anguish:

enjoy your days with her. it is so bittersweet. best wishes for an peaceful and healing passing. they never are really no longer by our sides.
I'm marking the 6 year anniversary of one of my cat's death today (raised him from 4 weeks old with his brother who died 9 years ago). They are never really gone.

If Dylan actually slept on the couch with the blankets would those blankets not have enough scent on them to follow?

I may have missed this and if so, I'm sorry for the repeat question.

MOO

I wonder when MR says he spent 45 min "trying to wake up DR" that he was actually trying to resuscitate for 45 min?

Just when I think nothing new could be said... ugh this makes me so sad. Please don't take offense, I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just a possibility I hadn't thought of before.

If Dylan actually slept on the couch with the blankets would those blankets not have enough scent on them to follow?

I may have missed this and if so, I'm sorry for the repeat question.

MOO

They said the blankets and pillow could not be used because the couch was a common area and many different scents could have collected there and transferred to the blanket and pillow. Sorta like cross contamination. FWIW.

Re: Dylan going to bed early that lst night

I watched the lst interview & I heard nothing. I think there is another interview early Dec. but I couldn't find it.

So the only reference at this point I could find was from a NG transcript:

HESS: The dad said that Dylan had been up fairly late, the evening before he flew -- the night before he flew in to Durango. And he was really tired they had gone to bed. And that he had gotten up in the morning, stirred around the house, made some noise trying to get Dylan up, and Dylan didn`t want to get up and go into town at that time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

isn't it possible that dylan was intentionally not getting up because he had a plan for the day and wanted his dad to leave without him? we're making a lot of assumptions about a kid's mind, and maybe he thought once his dad left he could make it to a friend's house, or otherwise do what he wanted without having to ask permission. as a kid i never "slept in" as well as i did on sunday morning hoping my parents wouldn't wake up for church. :twocents:

IMO, Mark Redwine had nothing to do whatsoever with the disappearance of his beloved son, Dylan.

Money Girl you have more kind words for Dylan than his father does.

I do not think MR had any contact with his son AT ALL since his last visit! Work is not an excuse!
Im in no way saying he didnt love his son but it sure seems he had no time for his son either.

This relationship was broken it seems as was his relationship with Cory!

In my Opinion I do not see a man worried about his beloved son!
He seems more worried about himself!

JMO

isn't it possible that dylan was intentionally not getting up because he had a plan for the day and wanted his dad to leave without him? we're making a lot of assumptions about a kid's mind, and maybe he thought once his dad left he could make it to a friend's house, or otherwise do what he wanted without having to ask permission. as a kid i never "slept in" as well as i did on sunday morning hoping my parents wouldn't wake up for church. :twocents:

his nearest friend (T) lives 6 miles away, his friend (R) that he had made plans to meet with at 6.30am lived 20 miles away.

Money Girl you have more kind words for Dylan than his father does.

I do not think MR had any contact with his son AT ALL since his last visit! Work is not an excuse!
Im in no way saying he didnt love his son but it sure seems he had no time for his son either.

This relationship was broken it seems as was his relationship with Cory!

In my Opinion I do not see a man worried about his beloved son!
He seems more worried about himself!

JMO

Thank you, Eileen. I respect your opinion.

Possible, but highly unlikely IMO. He had plans - we've seen the texts - with R. His dad knew about those plans and was a part of them (in providing the early ride.) JMO, but I can't see him making those plans with a good friend if he had no intention of keeping them.

Wanting so much for Dylan to come home.

I was re-reading the first couple of threads yesterday and even when they were searching the lake, I was hoping that it was a divorce issue and that Dylan was being hidden by someone.

Then Mark spoke and the weirdness began.

Prayers to Dylan, Cory and Elaine.

One of the only pieces of documented evidence we have in this case is text messages between Dylan and R making definitive, firm plans to meet at 6:30 am that morning. By 6:45 R is asking Dylan where he is. These plans were the firm expectation of these two boys. If he changed his mind we have no evidence of that and have to assume it happened without any evidence. JMO

I'm really curious as to why LE was searching Middle Mountain Rd the next weekend after Dylan went missing. Anyone have any ideas? This is not the route Dylan would have walked to the lake or Bayfield and it appears to be a Forest Service road and a bit out of the way. Here is a map showing A) MR's house B) Middle Mountain Road

http://goo.gl/maps/77HMz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member