CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: I am sooooo sorry, I thought that what you said was what you thought they would actually put in the warrant (as you wrote it) :floorlaugh: Thanks for the clarification!
I was wondering what your thoughts were on the quote from the Lisa Irwin case. It seems like LE casts a pretty wide net when they say that they wish to seize "Any evidence deemed to have evidentiary value to the relevant case of a missing child."

I would imagine that LE in the case of missing Dylan Redwine would do the same. At least I hope that they would. MOO.

They don't need a search warrent if you give them permission. ER let them take what they needed. I'm in no way saying that MR did not let them do an in-depth search nor did he deny them (LE) the ability to take items, IMO the search at ER's was investigative and the second search at MR's was evidentiary and the need for the warrant was necessary to avoid items being tossed.

EXACTLY. With the search in MR's home they had to look ahead to the trial and be very careful about any evidence they took from his home. At ER's home that was not a problem, imo

But what if something was found at ER's that could incriminate MR, some kind of communication or anything. I would think LE would be smart enough to cover all bases and get SWs for every place they searched and took something. Again, I don't know much about SW, so MOO and stuff.

But what if something was found at ER's that could incriminate MR, some kind of communication or anything. I would think LE would be smart enough to cover all bases and get SWs for every place they searched and took something. Again, I don't know much about SW, so MOO and stuff.

But if they found something incriminating in ER's home , imo, she is not going to protest or object to anything they took from her. But the same cannot be said about MR's property.

But if they found something incriminating in ER's home , imo, she is not going to protest or object to anything they took from her. But the same cannot be said about MR's property.

Ohhhh, ok, gotcha. I didn't know if it was something a lawyer would object to because it wasn't done through a search warrant. Makes sense.

Told ya I don't know nothing 'bout no search warrants. lol

ETA: O/T but Katydid, what is a verified Jaunette? lol

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the quote from the Lisa Irwin case. It seems like LE casts a pretty wide net when they say that they wish to seize "Any evidence deemed to have evidentiary value to the relevant case of a missing child."

I would imagine that LE in the case of missing Dylan Redwine would do the same. At least I hope that they would. MOO.

My thoughts and $2 you might get a cup of bad coffee, IMO it's a wide net and rightfully so.

If they found something in ER's house that could incriminate MR, I think that ER would've beat them to the PD with it.

Ohhhh, ok, gotcha. I didn't know if it was something a lawyer would object to because it wasn't done through a search warrant. Makes sense.

Told ya I don't know nothing 'bout no search warrants. lol

ETA: O/T but Katydid, what is a verified Jaunette? lol

I suppose an attorney could but I don't see it being successful. JMO

A verified Juanette means I am one of Juan Martinez's fans. He is the prosecutor that is trying to send Jodi Arias to Death Row. :jail:

Does anyone (TIA) have a link for:

Date MR's house was searched?

Earliest date LE determined it "officially" became a criminal investigation?

If MR's house was searched lst & then it was deemed a criminal investigation, what if anything could that mean?

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...96/0/SEARCH/Investigators-end-search-of-house

Somewhat simultaneously. Search on 11/29. Lengthy interview with MR on 11/29. Quote from LE on the 30th article: “Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation,” Shupe said in a news release.

:what:

Would some type of special warrant be needed to take the vehicles? IF LE was just ruling out the possibility of a crime happening by stranger abduction I highly doubt they would have seized the vehicles. Just MOO

Well, if the video at McDonald's with DR in the car was one of the last places they could visually substantiate him being, then I think that alone would allow a judge to list the vehicles. If LE had reasonable suspicion that a vehicle would likely be used to transport a victim (for instance, they didn't find a trail confirming DR left the house on foot), then I would think that would be enough to seize the items as well.

Again though - this is all speculation. I'm definitely not an expert in search warrants.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

ETA: I should have been clearer above and stated that if there was video available at the McDonald's, and not stated that there definitely was video that would have been available for police to review. I do know that most have video at the ordering area, and again pointing at the lane at the windows, but I don't know how often those tapes record over, or if they are only "live feeds". I also would suppose that whomever served them that night might remember seeing MR and DR together in the truck as well. Again though, this is all MOO! And, it was only meant as a suggestion of possibilities, and not fact.

I'm really thinking that the fact that LE got a search warrant to search Mark's home and vehicles is because they felt that a crime was involved in Dylan disappearance and it would be prudent to do forensic testing on potential evidence removed from those places being that it was his last reported location.

I'm not convinced that the fact that LE got a search warrant for Mark's home and vehicles means that they have any particular evidence that shows he's guilty of harming Dylan. MOO.

It is with a heavy heart I check this thread often. Spring is coming Dylan sigh.....:please:

MR was quoted in this article: http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--
"He specifically came back Nov. 17 to pick up Dylan at the airport. But Redwine said there had been some mechanical problem with the plane, so Dylan's mother rescheduled for Dylan to fly in Sunday evening."

I can not find a quote from ER in MSM, but pretty much the same thing is said in FMDR notes, which is rumor. IMO ER would have asked to have this removed from the FMDR notes if she disagreed.

I don't know if those constitute a "fact." Since it is one thing ER and MR seem to agree on, I tend to think it is true.

____
JMO

Thanks for your help.

Mark stated in his interview with MB that when Dylan lived in Bayfield with his mom, Dylan got off the school bus either at his place or his mom's and "that was a thing of beauty because I didn't have to deal with transporting him."

Mark also said he arranged his work schedule so he could pick up Dylan on Saturday and I'm not sure whether he received a text from Elaine and/or Dylan explaining why Dylan's flight was rescheduled but Mark may have
been upset when he arrived at the airport and was told by someone other than family that his flight was rescheduled if they could have notified him beforehand and didn't. When Dylan arrived, this could have been a contentious issue with Mark.

Shortly after ER and DR moved to CS, Mark encountered transportation difficulties with Dylan for the first time and when Dylan arrived on Sunday
Mark refused to "transport" him to his friend's house and it wasn't because Mark wanted to spend time with Dylan, it was too late, or Dylan refused to get up in the morning imo.

I watched a show on Investigation ID (of course) where a female Marine went missing, she had told a friend that she was getting divorced from her husband and I believe he was ex-military. They never found her body but he went to prison for her murder. What they think happened was that he killed her (no evidence at home) took her body in his gf's car which he detailed for her, took her to I think it was PA, and dropped her in a mine shaft & blew her up. They had over 300 marines searching for her body around area that was full of mine shafts, never to find her. The reason the thought he blew her up was because he asked his brother, who was in the military, if he had explosives.
Sometimes a body is never found, that makes me sick! But at the sametime, it doesn't mean that they get away with it. I don't think it has anything to do with being smart, it has more to do with being lucky (the perp having luck). I also don't think or believe that LE would ever name someone a POI or suspect until after the arrest in this case.

But in cases where they try a person without a body, don't they have to have some proof or indication that the person is dead???? Like a tremendous loss of blood or something??? They can't just try someone for the heck of it without proof the person is dead. Otherwise, why do we have to wait 5 years after a person is missing to have the declared legally dead in court???

But in cases where they try a person without a body, don't they have to have some proof or indication that the person is dead???? Like a tremendous loss of blood or something??? They can't just try someone for the heck of it without proof the person is dead. Otherwise, why do we have to wait 5 years after a person is missing to have the declared legally dead in court???

Good question! I don't have the answer, but maybe someone can remember about Caylee & Haleigh Cummings as an example? In Caylee's case you had the smell of a dead body in the damn car, in Haleigh's case I can't remember a reason given, but IIRC there was no blood evidence or a crime scene identified (that we know of). My understanding is 5 years as well, is it different for an adult vs. a child?

Does anyone (TIA) have a link for:

Date MR's house was searched?

Earliest date LE determined it "officially" became a criminal investigation?

If MR's house was searched lst & then it was deemed a criminal investigation, what if anything could that mean?

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...96/0/SEARCH/Investigators-end-search-of-house

Somewhat simultaneously. Search on 11/29. Lengthy interview with MR on 11/29. Quote from LE on the 30th article: “Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation,” Shupe said in a news release.

:what:

Your quote = red by me

To some it means nothing.

To some it means that Mark may have been in involved in Dylan's disappearance.

I find it odd that after Mark's house/vehicles was searched, LE announced Dylan's disappearance is being treated as a criminal investigation. In order to do that wouldn't they possible need some "criminal" evidence?

I Totally AGREE with Smooth's previous post.

Well, if the video at McDonald's with DR in the car was one of the last places they could visually substantiate him being, then I think that alone would allow a judge to list the vehicles. If LE had reasonable suspicion that a vehicle would likely be used to transport a victim (for instance, they didn't find a trail confirming DR left the house on foot), then I would think that would be enough to seize the items as well.

Again though - this is all speculation. I'm definitely not an expert in search warrants.

I have never heard of a video from McDonald's.

Doesn't a child missing mean anything? Someone 2, 5 or 10 years old compared to someone 22 years old would probably lead LE to believe the child is missing due to unusual/criminal circumstances, wouldn't it?

Is the 5 year wait period only for legal-age adults?

Agreed. I guess what I was saying was, would LE take the vehicles if they only suspected stranger abduction?

Not necessarily. Jayessye Shockley is a perfect example of that. No body, they searched the landfill forever. Trouble was they blocked off the portion of the landfill that Glendale dumped at, the friend said that they took a suitcase to a Tempe dumpster. Two different areas in the landfill. Her mom has been charged with murder.

The legally dead in court thing, basically it's to tie up financial and legal obligations, pay insurance, release debt, legal guardianship of kids, etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ar...kleys-mother-charged-murder/story?id=17184228

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998