CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I do not support anyone except Dylan. Finding him is why I am here. My heart breaks for BOTH parents. While it seems unlikely at this point, I still hope and pray that he is alive.
No offense to you, we're all entitled to our opinion, but I prefer to have more solid proof before I jump on the guilty bandwagon. Even if I don't agree with the majority it does not mean I am on MR's side, and it is a little offensive to me to be called a "supporter" of MR. I support truth and justice and the concept of innocent until proven guilty. If that is supporting him, then so be it. I keep in mind every day that he has not even been charged with a crime yet, let alone brought to trial, so this is my right to reserve judgement.
So... here I sit... firmly on the fence. And here is where I will stay until Dylan is found, and until whoever is responsible is proven guilty.

Very well said, my fellow Texan!! I agree 100%.

I'm with you somewhat. I believe MR is ' probably ' guilty. But probably doesn't cut it. He can't be proven guilty on what we know. Probably doesn't find the missing baby!!!! If they took this case right now, with what we know, to trial, no way could 12 level headed folks think guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There is NO WAY. I'd hate to be on that jury if so. MR is his own worst enemy. If he is 100% innocent, then I feel pretty bad for him because he 's a weird, irrational, illogical fellow. I can see why his marriages fail and why his kids aren't too shiny on him. But none of that makes him a murderer.

Question to everyone... if we were to find out today MR is ' responsible' for Dylan's disappearance, would you rather find out it was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgment after the fact than he outright killed his baby ? I sure would. I keep hoping if he's the one that knows for sure, that something horribly weird happened and it was not intentional/anger/physical but something more like ' i should call 911 but im afraid to ' .

This is a really tough question. While I obviously would prefer Dylan be alive, if he is indeed not with us anymore and MR was responsible, I would hope it was a tragic accident. The idea of Dylan being murdered by someone who is supposed to love and care for him makes me literally sick to my stomach. Maybe this is why I feel like it's a stranger, because in my warped head it's better to be murdered by a complete stranger than someone you love. IMWO

Of course a terrible accident and poor judgement is preferable to outright killing his child. Even more preferable is that MR had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance. I know some can't get past that possibility, and it is indeed possible that MR did play a role of some sort. After all, Dylan was in his father's care and his father was the last known person to see him. I feel obligated to explore every possibility since I just don't know.

Yes, ma'am. I agree 100%.

IMO MR is at the very least guilty of some very strange and unusual behaviour that hasn't assisted in the search for Dylan.

I doubt we would have even half the information that LE would have and their actions and words say quite a lot IMO.

I would really prefer to hear that what happened was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgement, but I can't imagine why a parent wouldn't come clean about it out of love and respect for their child and the rest of their family.

I really don't want to start an argument or bicker, but I wonder why people say he hasn't done anything to help. There was one public search and both ER and MR were there. They've both done interviews. MR wasn't at Wendy's search, but neither was Elaine. No, it's not a contest I'm just trying to honestly understand what people are thinking when they say he hasn't helped. After the pantscraper (PC from here on out) volunteered, MR called him. It turned out PC was a whackjob, but how was MR to know that? MR called Wendy when they offered their services. Unless MR is being tailed 24/7 how do we know he's not doing anything?

IMO MR is at the very least guilty of some very strange and unusual behaviour that hasn't assisted in the search for Dylan.

I doubt we would have even half the information that LE would have and their actions and words say quite a lot IMO.

I would really prefer to hear that what happened was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgement, but I can't imagine why a parent wouldn't come clean about it out of love and respect for their child and the rest of their family.

LE has always said that MR is cooperating, so I will take their word for it.

I really don't want to start an argument or bicker, but I wonder why people say he hasn't done anything to help. There was one public search and both ER and MR were there. They've both done interviews. MR wasn't at Wendy's search, but neither was Elaine. No, it's not a contest I'm just trying to honestly understand what people are thinking when they say he hasn't helped. After the pantscraper (PC from here on out) volunteered, MR called him. It turned out PC was a whackjob, but how was MR to know that? MR called Wendy when they offered their services. Unless MR is being tailed 24/7 how do we know he's not doing anything?

with all due respect I think you misinterpreted my post. I was referring to his behaviour as a whole, particularly his shifting sands stories, what appears to be a total lack of urgency at finding Dylan and his decision to turn the opportunity of taking a polygraph from an eminently qualified polygrapher into a massive time wasting drama.

That's right! Isn't Dylan's Grandma in Castle Rock? Dylan wanted to see her! She has cancer, right? Bless her heart.

MR has a brother? (Starting to forget details as time passes :(...how close are MR and his brother I wonder?)

Mark was waiting for his brother to arrive (the interview where Mark came to the door "hugging" a pillow). I think he arrived some time the week after Thanksgiving. His brother never did make any type of official statement to MSM that I am aware of. I think some of Mark's family members have been vocal in on-line comments or FB pages.

But does anyone have an MSM article with Mark's family speaking/supporting Mark or Dylan?

TIA

jmo/moo

Hmmmm...Actually...I've been to Castle Rock. Nice place. It is right off the highway, straight shot half way between Denver and Pueblo if I'm not mistaken. If someone headed north...there are also some pipe companies in Pueblo...rambling, sorry, but you got me thinking...

Hi margarita! As the crow flies it's Denver, Castle Rock, Monument, Colo Sprgs then Pueblo. All going down I25.

MR has a brother, aunt & uncle in Castle Rock area. Actually the two are pretty close together (Castle Rock & Monument)

with all due respect I think you misinterpreted my post. I was referring to his behaviour as a whole, particularly his shifting sands stories, what appears to be a total lack of urgency at finding Dylan and his decision to turn the opportunity of taking a polygraph from an eminently qualified polygrapher into a massive time wasting drama.

My apologies. I guess I did misinterpret your post. :blushing:

Many have exhibited strange and unusual behavior in this case, IMO. Stress and a missing child can cause that. I agree that I can't imagine why a parent wouldn't come clean if it were a horrible accident, unless of course, there was no horrible accident or the person has nothing left to tell.

Oh Bayou tks ! You reminded me of something I mean to share daily and forget. So here goes. There has been much talk of MR's strange behavior , and others possibly, since this started. A lot of statements like " who does that when their kid is missing" '" why would he say that '' ... I've been guilty of this I'm sure as well so I'm making a blanket statement for us all ! My family endured an incident last year that in NO WAY compares to losing a child. I want to make that very clear, it was nowhere near this horrible. Nonetheless it was unexpected and involved the safety of one of my children. It involved friends who are now ex friends. I can tell you since that a thousand times I have thought to myself " why did i say that ? '' WTF was i thinking..........OMG i wish I could have a do over . So the point is it is easy to wonder what goes through the mind of someone when they're making these odd statements. But to say ' i would never do/say/act in such a way if I were in that position, while sounding good in theory, is MOOT because there is no way we can predict what we do in a situation until it comes up . MOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

You are right. The things I have seen posted about MR are horrendous. Glad he has a criminal attorney "covering his back."

I was referring to other family members, there seems to be a 'if people blame MR we'll blame everyone else but him' mentality going on. I've seen some extremely horrendous things posted about other members of Dylans family, which I don't really get considering that they were not the last known persons to see Dylan and they have been active in activities designed to assist or honour Dylan.

The last known person to see a missing person is naturally going to be in the firing line of public opinion, especially if they are not behaving with utmost concern for the missing person.

IMO MOO etc

LE has always said that MR is cooperating, so I will take their word for it.

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9070775&postcount=106"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

BBM

Mark's behaviors, activities from the 18th and 19th are under investigation.

The latest press release says nothing about "cooperation".

Does anyone recall the last time time LE has said Mark is "cooperating"? I know we had this discussion awhile back.

JMO

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*

BBM

Mark's behaviors, activities from the 18th and 19th are under investigation.

The latest press release says nothing about "cooperation".

Does anyone recall the last time time LE has said Mark is "cooperating"? I know we had this discussion awhile back.

JMO

If MR's cooperation status changes, I would expect to hear about it from the multi-agency Task Force that is investigating Dylan's disappearance.

I don't believe that an adult, used to living alone, would reach out if something "happened" to Dylan. I can see it in the case of the (knuckleheads) younger people as in Haleigh Cummings case...but if MR found himself in such a dilemma, I doubt he would tell anyone or ask for help. When children are involved, it is a very different scenario from anything else, IMO.

Before I reply, two disclaimers. 1) I don't know if MR is a narcissist I just think he is. 2) I only personally know one narcissist.

That being said, the narcissist I know has an uncanny ability to assess a person's usefulness to her. She doesn't have friends because she uses people up. To the unwary she will appear to care, be sad, be broke whatever weakness she has found in the person she is playing. She has no thought for how her actions will affect the person she is using.

If MR's brother has a sense of family loyalty and MR is a narcissist, he would have no qualms using him if he needed him and his brother was willing.

I think if MR is involved, he had help, not necessarily his brother. But someone who has some quality that could be played. I feel this because the police are still trying to figure out how Dylan left the house. All MOO

It was an early reference that he made. I thought he meant he was getting the criminal attorney on board at that time because people were falsely attacking him.

Hi Money Girl!

Imo - If MR has a criminal defense attorney 'covering his back' that is an important bit of information. Do you have a link to any statements about MR hiring an attorney or MR saying people were falsely attacking him? TIA

If MR's cooperation status changes, I would expect to hear about it from the multi-agency Task Force that is investigating Dylan's disappearance.

I've no doubt they will inform us at the time of an arrest. Until then, I don't see any benefit in doing so. :moo:

I don't know that you were specifically called a supporter of MR? It's clear that there are folks on this forum who feel very strongly that MR is responsible. Then there are folks who are true fence-sitters. But there are also clearly supporters of MR. There are posts which say MR is a loving father who grieves his missing child. There are posts that say MR has done everything in his power to help find his son. There are posts that say positive things about MR. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't really understand why people get upset at the term "MR supporter", it doesn't mean anyone specifically--if you are a fence sitter, that's something different. There were just a few posts which expressed support for MR. Some people say there is just not enough evidence--but clearly some people go beyond that and are supporters. And there are some people who do cast dispersions on ER and family. I don't lump all fence-sitters in with MR supporters. I'm not trying to be snarky--I'm just expressing how I see the "sides" in this case. Though I understand that the one true "side" should be finding Dylan.

I think in a sense, I do defend MR some here. I'm always defending people that are being attacked/bullied, must be the liberal in me. I think in the true sense of WS, he is a victim until named a POI/suspect or arrested, so if/when that day comes I will continue to view MR as a victim and a father of a missing child. JMO

Oh Bayou tks ! You reminded me of something I mean to share daily and forget. So here goes. There has been much talk of MR's strange behavior , and others possibly, since this started. A lot of statements like " who does that when their kid is missing" '" why would he say that '' ... I've been guilty of this I'm sure as well so I'm making a blanket statement for us all ! My family endured an incident last year that in NO WAY compares to losing a child. I want to make that very clear, it was nowhere near this horrible. Nonetheless it was unexpected and involved the safety of one of my children. It involved friends who are now ex friends. I can tell you since that a thousand times I have thought to myself " why did i say that ? '' WTF was i thinking..........OMG i wish I could have a do over . So the point is it is easy to wonder what goes through the mind of someone when they're making these odd statements. But to say ' i would never do/say/act in such a way if I were in that position, while sounding good in theory, is MOOT because there is no way we can predict what we do in a situation until it comes up . MOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

You know I hear this said a lot and I kind of agree, but also disagree. My guess from just reading your posts here is that you are a thoughtful, self-reflective person and I just bet comparing yourself and the small mistake that you remember making sometime in your life and MR's behavior probably just doesn't compare. Just the fact that you have this much empathy, to me, implies a different way of being in the world than what I have seen evidenced by MR.

It is often said that you can't judge what you would do or what other parents do in these extreme situations. I agree to an extent--but I don't think that means that we can't take notice of things that are odd and I don't think it means that on a crime-sleuthing forum we can't ever assess those reactions and have those inform our opinion.

I was following a case where a mother of an abducted child, later found murdered, was out partying, shopping, doing shots, giggling on camera, etc etc. I do not think she was involved in her daughter's murder at all. She had been a meth ad dict and remained a meth addict. But I can certainly judge that behavior as wrong. It was not appropriate behavior and I know I would never act that way or any where near that way. A person can make those judgments, IMO. And it did make me suspicious of her for sure. That is the consequence of her choices. If you act weird, people will consider that in their judgments.

Many of us feel that MR is behaving strangely and that is our opinion.

You (general) can get into endless philosophical debates about there being no one truth or many truths (I know Derrida and the post-modern skepticism of truth) but even in light of those questions about absolute truth, we all still just do our best to come to some kind of approximation of truth with the information we have. I think that even in extreme situations there are still "wrong" ways to behave. Those behaviors could be explained by other things beside guilt (drug use, mental illness, non-adaptive behavior, trauma etc). some things are easily forgiven--others less so. JMO I do not think it is immoral or unethical to assess the reactions of parents when their child goes missing. JMO

:seeya:

Me again!

First of all, we are not going to discuss what people post on Facebook. That's not our focus here. Our focus is on discussing the facts from allowable sources, which are usually MSM but can be stretched to other sources at times, with permission from the owners. We can also discuss information that our verified poster shares, but be respectful to her please.

We also aren't going to discuss each others opinions in general. An example of this would be "after all this time I can't believe some people still think....." or "after all that I've posted in the last month you still are wrong....." Just state your own opinion like "Yes, I read what you said about the brick holding open the door, but I still think it could have come from another area..." (Extra points for those who know which case I drew that from :kimsterwink: )

Now, grab a cup of coffee, Klingon Raktajino, or whatever you prefer, and continue on. Most of all, be kind and gracious.

:tyou:

Hi Money Girl!

Imo - If MR has a criminal defense attorney 'covering his back' that is an important bit of information. Do you have a link to any statements about MR hiring an attorney or MR saying people were falsely attacking him? TIA

This early news article was what I was thinking about.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder

I think MR may have mentioned it in the MB interview.

Here is a previous post from this site where this was discussed.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8683476&postcount=757"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22[/ame]

I don't get to visit WS every day, so something may have changed in the meantime.

This early news article was what I was thinking about.

I think MR may have mentioned it in the MB interview.

Here is a previous post from this site where this was discussed.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

I don't get to visit WS every day, so something may have changed in the meantime.

Money Girl, TY for the link! From this link, we don't know that MR hired a criminal defense attorney, only contacted.

12/02/12 -

Snip - And he is trying to deal with the added weight of knowing that some people think he had something to do with his son's disappearance because he was the last one to see him. He has contacted a criminal-defense attorney to help him with that. And he said he is helping in the search in any way he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members