CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an account and wanted to share that Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his mom and other family as his Grandma has cancer. It was going to be a big get togeather with pictures being taken.

Another tragedy for this family. This is very sad to hear.

Welcome to WS and thank you for sharing this info.

If it is true that he wanted to spend time with his Grandma, who has cancer, then I think Dylan might have been kind of sulky and resentful towards his dad.

I am related. I found this when doing a search. I don't know much more then you all do though.

Probably not much, but we can come up with ideas about scenarios, etc. I've only been here several weeks, but the people here really care about missing people, especially children and discussing the situation regarding a missing person, in my opinion is therapeutic. I also try and do some sleuthing online to see if I can come up with tips or suggestions to send to law enforcement. I did so on Jessica's case..not sure that any of my tips were of much value but I felt better at least trying.

I am so glad to see one of Dylan's relatives here. My son's name is also Dylan and I'd be a mess if anything like this happened to my son. I'm definitely thinking of your Dylan all the time and hoping he is found ASAP!!

I just got an account and wanted to share that Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his mom and other family as his Grandma has cancer. It was going to be a big get togeather with pictures being taken.

Sending prayers that Dylan will be home soon and those pictures can be taken! Also praying for his Grandma! (lost my father to cancer just 6 weeks ago)

Thank you for finding us!

I just want to say that my heart hurts for your family.

Probably not much, but we can come up with ideas about scenarios, etc. I've only been here several weeks, but the people here really care about missing people, especially children and discussing the situation regarding a missing person, in my opinion is therapeutic. I also try and do some sleuthing online to see if I can come up with tips or suggestions to send to law enforcement. I did so on Jessica's case..not sure that any of my tips were of much value but I felt better at least trying.

I am so glad to see one of Dylan's relatives here. My son's name is also Dylan and I'd be a mess if anything like this happened to my son. I'm definitely thinking of your Dylan all the time and hoping he is found ASAP!!

I knew if I waited long enough, you or Shef would say something kind, thoughtful and intelligent and I would be able to say "Yeah That".

There it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If an argument resulted in nothing more than raised voices and a cell phone being taken from the teenager why not admit it but if the argument escalated into anything I don't want exposed then I don't admit to the argument because that is what will lead questions down a road I don't want to travel. Instead I may be stuck with a story that has a hole or two in it. JMO but maybe a couple of holes is a lot less damaging to me.

What did Alfred Hitchcock call the thing in his movies which had nothing to do with the plot and were meant to throw people off? A McDuffin? Like a fishing pole?

Has anyone though of the fact that MR went to see his attorney, and that maybe Dylan is being hidden somewhere? Like he took him somewhere, and went to get advice on what to do, from his attorney. I bring this up because of my own experences with attorneys and child custody issues. What if MR believed DR was in danger and is hiding him? You know custodial interfearance type thing. Another option to throw out there for everyone.

If an argument resulted in nothing more than raised voices and a cell phone being taken from the teenager why not admit it but if the argument escalated into anything I don't want exposed then I don't admit to the argument because that is what will lead questions down a road I don't want to travel. Instead I may be stuck with a story that has a hole or two in it. JMO but maybe a couple of holes is a lot less damaging to me.

What did Alfred Hitchcock call the thing in his movies which had nothing to do with the plot and were meant to throw people off? A McDuffin? Like a fishing pole?

A MacGuffin :)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin"]MacGuffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I think it's extremely unlikely. Hiding a teenager who isn't willing to be hidden would be extremely difficult, to say the least.
Also, someone would need a very willing accomplice and an isolated place that police would have no clue about.
So I think the chances of that are close to zero.

Has anyone though of the fact that MR went to see his attorney, and that maybe Dylan is being hidden somewhere? Like he took him somewhere, and went to get advice on what to do, from his attorney. I bring this up because of my own experences with attorneys and child custody issues. What if MR believed DR was in danger and is hiding him? You know custodial interfearance type thing. Another option to throw out there for everyone.

Interesting.

I think the attorney would have urged him to release the boy immediately. And the atty would be able to overcome the atty/client privilege in the case of a missing/endangered child, and would have alerted LE. JMO

I think the attorney would have urged him to release the boy immediately. And the atty would be able to overcome the atty/client privilege in the case of a missing/endangered child, and would have alerted LE. JMO

Yes, there are exceptions to attorney client privilege and lawyer would have to report something like that, I presume.

I agree

Welcome findDylan!

Do you allow LE, the ex wife, your other son, their family and yours, the community and the world at large to imagine that something awful has happened to your son. Don't you get an attorney to announce that Dylan is being hidden for his own protection and you allow events to proceed from there. ? how do you keep a 13 year old quiet who resents this trip and you for insisting on this trip? Chloroform in 24 hour doses? I remember the dad saying he had no support ( like that helps find his son somehow?). So where do you hide a noisy, angry 13 year old boy?

Whew. Logged in to find the past thread closed. Okay, I had a thought and now I lost it. I think he was a small 13, my 11 yo is 5' and a little under 100 lbs. It wouldn't be easy for me to manhandle him and I'm a big girl. Well, big weight wise.

I need a video tour of dad's house and lay out and surrounding areas. Dad probably didn't have the friends phone numbers and that's why he had to drive there. Is LE still searching his home??

*hanging head* I played around with this idea too. I was trying to make some of MR's statements at the vigil make sense in any context where he was could be the good guy.

Do you allow LE, the ex wife, your other son, their family and yours, the community and the world at large to imagine that something awful has happened to your son. Don't you get an attorney to announce that Dylan is being hidden for his own protection and you allow events to proceed from there. ? how do you keep a 13 year old quiet who resents this trip and you for insisting on this trip? Chloroform in 24 hour doses? I remember the dad saying he had no support ( like that helps find his son somehow?). So where do you hide a noisy, angry 13 year old boy?

Padded cell or primate exhibit at the zoo?

If MR had Dylan hidden away somewhere, wouldn't he have to disappear every now and then to feed him? If that were the scenario, I think LE would've tracked and recovered him by now. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23