CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every boy I see around Dylan's age and description makes me think about Dylan...has that happened with any of you guys? You see a random kid riding his bike, etc, and you think of Dylan? I seem to be constantly doing double takes...it all seems so unfair...

This forum has forever changed my view of humanity, both good and bad. One thing is for sure, where kids are involved I stick my nose in. I ask questions, I let peopke know im monitoring something that raises my eyebrow. I watch. Im a nosy bigmouth. Its a good thing. I watch how adults behave around children and who lurks out of place. Thats what this forum has done to me, but I suspect the world could use more of this.
: )

Didn't MR brag about how he and Dylan were much closer than Dylan was with his mom? And now he says he was distant or kept his distance or whatever? Either something happened, IMO, or the first was not true, perhaps.

Didn't MR brag about how he and Dylan were much closer than Dylan was with his mom? And now he says he was distant or kept his distance or whatever? Either something happened, IMO, or the first was not true, perhaps.

<mod snip> ER said Dylan wasn't outdoorsy and then made posts about how he liked camping. Mark said he stayed home with Dylan when he was younger. It appears NO ONE gets the story straight all the time,<mod snip>

Does Salem's post about not discussing the radio shows mean not discussing anything at all said in any of them? Just want to make sure I understand.

BBM:

This comes from:

Direct quote from MR from his 1:1 interview with M. Blasius:

MR:
We were inseparable. I mean&#8230; anywhere I was he was right there beside me. You know, He would come to me before he would go to his mom. You know... I think in many ways that was part of the problems that developed in our relationship was because while she was out earning a career, it was very difficult for her to lose sight of the fact that she wasn&#8217;t there bonding with Dylan the way I was and I think that that was a huge problem for her. And I think that that has been a problem for her for a long time now.

Link: Melissa Blasius Interview - Media Timeline Thread

As far as the part about "distancing," I believe you may have to jump to the Radio Show Thread to contrast the above statement there and/or discuss the distancing piece.

Also, the "distance" piece is also available under the Radio Show transcript which is now available in its entirety in the Media/Timeline thread.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark had both the time and opportunity to do away with Dylan.

Imo, the reason Dylan stopped texting on his cell phone and didn’t go to Ryan’s Sunday evening is because Mark intended to harm him.

I keep coming back to premeditated. I wander away from it from time to time. But I never wander away from MR being involved anymore.

I am hoping we can discuss the area where MR said he was handing out flyers with Brandon. I haven't had a chance to read the transcripts yet. I hope any search related topics from the radio are okay.

<mod snip> ER said Dylan wasn't outdoorsy and then made posts about how he liked camping. Mark said he stayed home with Dylan when he was younger. It appears NO ONE gets the story straight all the time,<mod snip>

I know you are speaking to more than just me. I would love to be in your camp. I mean this sincerely. I hope the day comes when you can say to me, 'Look, I told you so, but you were so single minded.' It would be wonderful if Dylan were found alive and that MR were found to be 100% uninvolved. But if something did happen to Dylan and MR was found totally innocent, that would be so much better than what I believe. Because it would show that MR cared. And right now, I can't believe that. If I could believe he cared, or believe he was innocent, or even entertain others theories of his innocence, I would.

Keep stating your case. Don't give up. Maybe something will open a door to a whole new line of thinking. Because I really want to believe MR would not hurt Dylan. I can't speak for others, but I think there are plenty out there who would love to be shown they were wrong when it comes to MR.

IIRC EHs comment was in relation to Dylan not liking the outdoors on his own. I doubt he went camping on his own.

Child or adult the less inhabited places, country and forests can be very intimidating and are not places where a lot of people would choose to be on their own.

IIRC EHs comment was in relation to Dylan not liking the outdoors on his own. I doubt he went camping on his own.

Child or adult the less inhabited places, country and forests can be very intimidating and are not places where a lot of people would choose to be on their own.

I also got the feeling that she meant, hanging out with friends, doing things on the computer or other technical devices, some sports, those kinds of things were his preference before outdoorsy activities like hiking fishing and camping.

Howdy TxJan1971, Just want to say you are incredible! I just read through all 5 volumes of the transcripts (I'm afraid to say what kind) and they help so much.
I hope some day we can talk about them at least, as Dee10 said, the search related items. Anyway everyone should read them in the timeline area.
Thanks again :yourock:

Howdy TexJan, Just want to say you are incredible! I just read through all 5 volumes of the transcripts (I'm afraid to say what kind) and they help so much.
I hope some day we can talk about them at least, as Dee10 said, the search related items. Anyway everyone should read them in the timeline area.
Thanks again :yourock:

Thanks kindly! It truly was a lot more work than I had intended to get myself involved in again. I do, however, understand the value of having transcripts. It would be a shame if after all that work that we were unable to discuss it somehow/somewhere. Hopefully a mod will check the Media/Timeline to see what is currently available there. They may want to move them elsewhere.

Thanks again.

BBM:

This comes from:

Direct quote from MR from his 1:1 interview with M. Blasius:

MR:
We were inseparable. I mean… anywhere I was he was right there beside me. You know, He would come to me before he would go to his mom. You know... I think in many ways that was part of the problems that developed in our relationship was because while she was out earning a career, it was very difficult for her to lose sight of the fact that she wasn’t there bonding with Dylan the way I was and I think that that was a huge problem for her. And I think that that has been a problem for her for a long time now.

Link: Melissa Blasius Interview - Media Timeline Thread

As far as the part about "distancing," I believe you may have to jump to the Radio Show Thread to contrast the above statement there and/or discuss the distancing piece.

Also, the "distance" piece is also available under the Radio Show transcript which is now available in its entirety in the Media/Timeline thread.

Hope this is helpful.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT? Katy has a thought and then voila there's a link!
My first thought was that Mark is remembering times from quite long ago - he is talking about while he and E were still married, which makes Dylan 8 yrs or younger. Its quite a reach imo to figure they had the same relationship currently. Again imo he consistently refers to history and attempts to relate now with then. I agree with Katy that that this failing relationship is key to D's disappearance. LOSING CONTROL and LACK OF RESPECT are bigger problems to Mark then we can imagine (Imo)

HOW DO YOU DO THAT? Katy has a thought and then voila there's a link!
My first thought was that Mark is remembering times from quite long ago - he is talking about while he and E were still married, which makes Dylan 8 yrs or younger. Its quite a reach imo to figure they had the same relationship currently. Again imo he consistently refers to history and attempts to relate now with then. I agree with Katy that that this failing relationship is key to D's disappearance. LOSING CONTROL and LACK OF RESPECT are bigger problems to Mark then we can imagine (Imo)

I have been following the case almost from Day 1 (a lot of the times lurking), and because my mind operates in a file cabinet mentality, I just "open the file drawer" to get what is needed." :seeya:

Anyway, I think MR seems stuck in the past and a "days gone by" mentality and confuses that with the true reality of a "young man" that, due to his own ongoing life experiences, age and maturity may actually be a stranger to MR. It happens even in the BEST of intact families...but obviously can be more damaging/disruptive with non-intact families..

I totally agree loss of respect and control, as well as some insecurity(ies) are all volatile hot buttons...each with their own unknown and unpredictable response when the respective button is activated/engaged.

Of course, all of the above is not factual and should be construed as nothing more than one individual's opinion at this point in time. :twocents: :moo:

<modsnip>

Jason Sutter? No, nothing's been said that's he's cleared. No one has been cleared by LE in this case, although LE stated in Feb that neither Mark nor Elaine are considered suspects.

I check for news about Sutter every day on Google and Twitter. I'll post if anything new comes along.

I also got the feeling that she meant, hanging out with friends, doing things on the computer or other technical devices, some sports, those kinds of things were his preference before outdoorsy activities like hiking fishing and camping.

Yes, you got a sense of the context of what she said. I did too, although it took some work. I get the same sense of context from things MR says and it too takes some work. It requires stepping out of what I "think" of these two parents, because at least for me, neither of them inspires blind loyalty. Both are irritating and to me, both are upset, aggrieved and lost about the disappearance of their son.

Dylan looks to have left his father's house under his own power. Something happened after that. What? What happened to Dylan Redwine? I do not believe MR knows, in spite of all his faults.

No snark intended but... really? Did she say 'on his own?' I don't recall that, only that she said he was not outdoorsy, period. TMK, she did not qualify that statement with 'on his own', 'by himself', or 'only with someone else.'
It's fine to have an opinion but I prefer to take a person's statements at face value and not add my own interpretation with what they meant to say.

Wish list:

- pictures of Dylan from 2012 with confirmed dates on them, in chronological order, in a photo album

- pictures of Dylan's hoodie from the manufacturer/brand website, if none are available with him wearing it

- pictures of Dylan's shoes he was wearing from the manufacturer/brand website, if none are available with him wearing them

- pictures of Dylan's backpack from the manufacturer/brand website, if none are available with him wearing/carrying it where it can be seen clearly

- all the fighting to stop, or at least tone down a few hundred decibels, and people to work on finding Dylan. Two directions are needed to find Dylan, as they are for most missing children - people to search for his body, and people to get his picture out even more widely so he can be searched for alive.

- that everybody who reads this will print a copy of Dylan's flyer and give it to somebody in their area, and ask them to keep an eye out for him, and call the police if they see a child who may be him. Dylan's flyer: http://www.durangolaplatacrimestoppers.org/Pictures/Reward Poster - Dylan Redwine 04-11-13(1).pdf

ETA

- confirmed brand and model number of Dylan's phone

- pictures of Dylan's phone from the manufacturer/brand website

- confirmed brand and model of Dylan's fishing pole, to include any possible reel, with pictures from the manufacturer/brand website, if pics of Dylan with it aren't available.

They went fishing together, but Dylan would quickly become bored and start skipping rocks or swimming in the lake instead. He wouldn’t just grab a fishing pole and head to the lake by himself, his mother said.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

Thanks for the link. But I do think that MR is the best source of Dylan's behavior at MR's house. ER didn't ever live there, she describes it as remote/isolated and I can see Dylan behaving differently in that environment than he did in Bayfield or Monument where social activities are easier to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam