CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Discussion in 'Dylan Redwine' started by imamaze, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasportsmom

vasportsmom so many cases...so much heartbreak

Are you an attorney in CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mck16

mck16 New Member

Did MR say DR was in bed by eight? Or since this is the last time the phone pinged is it speculation he was in bed by 8. I have just heard they went to bed early because DR had been up late the night before. thanks.

3. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

Seejay,

Don't be sorry. As you can see, most of us are in the same spot as you (I know I am). From all the posts you would think we have a ton of MSM stuff to sift through...:what::what:

4. FruitTingles

FruitTingles Well-Known Member

Lol! :floorlaugh: So true! We know what we are dealing with over there at least. I'm heading over there now that I've finally caught up here. Hopefully there will be some good news about Dylan when I return (but really I will probably be coming back to 20 new pages and be wayyy behind again).

5. Annie1004

Annie1004 Active Member

I asked the Apple store rep about "replacing the batteries" and he sold me a $100 Mophie because he said the battery can't be replaced in the iPhone.

6. mysticskye

mysticskye Member

7. mck16

mck16 New Member

If you have ever been around a 13 year old sometimes what you want and what you think would be fun is the furtherest from their minds. They want to do what they want to do and they might say thank you. I love my 13 year old gs, but he can be totally unappreciative at times. And very selfish. jmo

8. Tennlyn

Tennlyn New Member

I think it is a testament to how much we all care about Dylan that we find ourselves posting and reposting and hashing and rehashing the same stuff here as we anxiously await more news. There's nothing new, but yet we can't tear ourselves away.

Where are you, Dylan? We never met you, but we all are desperately worried about you! :please:

9. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

In Southern California, we call that "Disney Dad."

10. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

Really?? That's not good news to my iPhone. I didn't realize that. It would be the first cell phone I've had where the battery can't be replaced. I've had to replace the battery in several of my old ones.......yikes!!

11. alwayslooking

alwayslooking caretaker

We lived in the AZ side of the four corners, and had terrible cell phone service and dial up on the computer! Sometimes we would have to drive to the top of a mountian to get a call out on the cell phone.....that being said, we relied on our land line for most calls!

12. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

There was new info today re: Walmart, McDs, dad texting Dylan, dad retaining a criminal defense attorney, task force still investigating RSO's and the hitchhiking theory, etc.

And dad didn't just let Dylan do whatever he wanted, or he'd have been spending Sunday night with his friends.

Moo

13. shefner

shefner Member Since 2008

Unless something happened and Dylan wasn't around to spend the night with his friends....

14. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Sorry to quote myself. I just got home and am way behind at the posts but picking up at the location of my above post several pages back. I just read it and, well, I am coming across inappropriately! I hope nobody quoted me. While we were jesting about Criminal Mountain Lions, I think I got a little carried away. This is a very serious situation and I have to remember my own feelings during Jessica's case...I was very sensitive to attempts at humor, as well as graphic references. There was lots of tension and conflict, and if anyone even said one thing I took to be out of line, oh looook out. Out of respect for Dylan's family and people in his community, I would like to hold some restraint about graphic theories, descriptions, as well as the usage of certain verbage above, such as the b word, without any factual basis. This was one of my biggest problems with NG! LE has said this is a search effort. While I know I meant no disrespect, this is what I would like to focus on. My above post is completely tacky, sorry about that. Neither is this a time for me to be recommending TV shows. I was here all night last night and have seemed to have made myself a little too comfortable, in turn coming across as casual and insensitive in my tone. While some of us, who of course care deeply, are out looking in (such as myself), there are people who are in looking out.

Enough said about me, I, blah blah blah...look forward to see what you guys have come up with about Dylan.

15. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

I would love to see them working with Tim Miller also. I hope someone with FB has passed his information on to them...TIA

I'm not sure about the psychics but it seems like they received something..

And thank you, Mysticskye, for sharing the update! Greatly appreciated

16. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

iPhone batteries can be replaced.

link

17. vasportsmom

vasportsmom so many cases...so much heartbreak

I assure you that it can be done. Here is a link for doing it with the 4.

http://m.imore.com/tipb-weekly-mod-replace-battery-iphone-4

I have not looked it up for the 5 yet but I'm told the process is the same. It isn't advisable to do it (I know this from experience) but it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. TxJan1971

TxJan1971 Well-Known Member

I think that sometimes by hashing and rehashing it may possibly even help a lightbulb to go on for someone which may help shed new light onto something we all may have overlooked. Keep on keeping on, fellow sleuthers!

19. PaulR

PaulR Verified Software and Computer Tech

That's with a warranty. You can't just go into an Apple store and buy a new battery and replace it yourself like you can with most cell phones.

(Yes I know it's possible to open up the iPhone and do it yourself but you'd be voiding your warranty and it's certainly not as easy as it is for other phones.)

20. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

I really don't think it's selfishness so much as just self-centeredness (is that a word?). When my boys were that age they would mope around if forced to go someplace they didn't want to go, or being told they couldn't go someplace that they wanted to go. On the other hand, if I explained to them why it was important to someone else that they go, or why it wasn't possible to go somewhere, they were understanding - most of the time.

I think the problem with 13 year olds is that they're on the verge of becoming adults. They want to test their wings, and their decision-making skills. They want to prove they're independent enough to deserve some freedom, but still want to know someone will be there to back them up if they find they aren't. I believe Dylan may have wanted to go to MR's house so he could see his friends. I'm sure he tried talking him into taking him Sunday night because they were all anxious to see each other, but may have been slightly relieved that MR insisted on him getting some sleep first. I can't say much about cell phone usage at that age, my boys didn't have them at that age, and neither do most of the 13 year olds I know now. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.