CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening....

Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning.

When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito. That friend hadn't seen him

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2DvVlaMik
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

BBM

LE should know what the text said that Dylan sent his friends in BAYFIELD and IF he said he would be there at 6:30 or so on Monday morning. That was the plan that dad said was made before they left the Durango area (I think there may be better cell reception in this area??). How mad did Dylan get with not being able to go see his friends Sunday?

Dad could have dropped him off there Sunday and picked him up Monday after he was done with his errands?

No mention of anything about a FRIEND in Vallecito. Who is this person? Where do they live? Did he visit this friend in September? This is the first mention of this friend...

Okay... I am behind in reading... And just caught this discrepancy... :doh:

But this,does,sound like it,could,be quite a discrepancy... Dad goes to a friend in Vallecito... Yet Dylan made plans with friends in Bayfield...

And yes... Who is thisfriend?

have we heard of him before?

TIA

I have still be curious about this posting from Thread 1. If it wasn't Dylan running from them, could it have been his abductor?

"A postal worker possibly saw the boy Monday on County Road 501, near Vallecito, and two rescue workers may have seen the boy Tuesday afternoon, said Dan Bender, spokesman with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

Both sightings are unconfirmed, and, in both cases, the boy ran from rescue workers up a hill in the Vallecito area, Bender said.

“We’re assuming at this point – it may be Dylan – eluded searchers,” he said. “We’re leaning toward his being a runaway.”"

http://durangoherald.com/article/201...-teen-sought--

That's an old article. Since then LE came out and ruled out Dylan being a runaway. I am pretty sure the person running was a jogger.

MR says he tried to text Dylan after he came home and Dylan was there. So that indicates MR was not aware of any problems with the phone. And if there were any problems with the phone on Sunday evening, one would think MR should have heard about it.

BBM

do you mean wasn't?

If you did, one of those points that make you go aahaa....

i do not think hitching a ride is considered running away. especially around here.

In respect, I never meant anything about hitching a ride.
In my neck of the woods, we never see anybody trying to hitch a ride.

Money Girl... interesting thought. Whether I think this is likely or not, I appreciate those who are still working to come up with fresh ideas. :)

There was a jogger in the area. The jogger wasn't running away from rescue workers, he was just running.

"Afternoon: Two rescue workers think they may have seen Dylan on two separate occasions but say he fled into the forest. One of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the other sighting may have been the same jogger or Dylan."

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ws01/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

Okay... I am behind in reading... And just caught this discrepancy... :doh:

But this,does,sound like it,could,be quite a discrepancy... Dad goes to a friend in Vallecito... Yet Dylan made plans with friends in Bayfield...

And yes... Who is thisfriend?

have we heard of him before?

TIA

He had planned to spend the day with friend's in Bayfield, but he didn't get up in time to get a ride. Dad assumed he had gone to see the friend in Vallecito because it was within walking distance, I would imagine. I haven't seen his name mentioned, but Dad has lived there since 2006, and Dylan has visited (probably many times) over the years. There aren't a lot of kids in the area, so it makes sense that if there's one his age, they would become friends.

I've been watching the show disappeared to get ideas about Dylan... Nothing so far, only in the second season though.

There are so many theories and speculations and solid justifications for those ideas on these threads, it's overwhelming - I'd like to see this group on the case with all of the evidence and leads that LE has right now.
I am having some trouble keeping up with what's what though, as so many things are being repeated without merit and taking on a factual life of its own. On a few occasions I've tried keeping track of what's fact, what's fiction, and what's in the grey (just in a word document) but that fails after a couple pages go by. It's super frustrating knowing so little and not being able to sleuth much all while this child could be anywhere and all we can do is wonder, worry and go in circles.

<insert loud unpleasant whiny complaining groan sound>

That's an old article. Since then LE came out and ruled out Dylan being a runaway. I am pretty sure the person running was a jogger.

On Wednesday, the task force officially ruled out that he was a runaway because of the amount of time he has been gone — 11 days as of yesterday, and because he has not been in contact with any of his friends or his parents. Like most 13-year-olds, “he was a prolific texter,” Bender said.
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1096
Please note********* date of this article from the PRT is incorrect. I should be 12/1/2012.

There was a jogger in the area. The jogger wasn't running away from rescue workers, he was just running.

"Afternoon: Two rescue workers think they may have seen Dylan on two separate occasions but say he fled into the forest. One of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the other sighting may have been the same jogger or Dylan."

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ws01/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

Thanks, Jenny. If you read my post, you'll see that I did not say I agreed that particular scenario Money Girl brought up was possible. I just stated that I appreciate those who are working to develop fresh ideas. (as opposed to beating to death some of the details we all have examined many many times with only a tiny amount of knowledge.... myself included :))

I am having some trouble keeping up with what's what though, as so many things are being repeated without merit and taking on a factual life of its own. On a few occasions I've tried keeping track of what's fact, what's fiction, and what's in the grey (just in a word document) but that fails after a couple pages go by. It's super frustrating knowing so little and not being able to sleuth much all while this child could be anywhere and all we can do is wonder, worry and go in circles.

Welcome to Websleuths!

On Wednesday, the task force officially ruled out that he was a runaway because of the amount of time he has been gone &#8212; 11 days as of yesterday, and because he has not been in contact with any of his friends or his parents. Like most 13-year-olds, &#8220;he was a prolific texter,&#8221; Bender said.
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1096
Please note********* date of this article from the PRT is incorrect. I should be 12/1/2012.

But it sure sounds like originally LE might have assumed Dylan did run away.
Which might explain some of their decisions. I understand why they might have assumed Dylan run away, but it cost them some time.

Thank you. Here is one I found also. It may already be listed here, but just in case: http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=offender.detail

Link doesn't post right, but the name is R.R. Simpson, Jr. and he lives on County Road 500.

He had more than a 1000 printed pictures and hundreds of CD's :( So why isn't he in jail? He was busted in early 2009, at most 4 years ago. What was his sentence, I wonder? Did he even go to jail? :puke: I can't believe he is out and living in a community of people with children - this makes my stomach hurt!

Just jumping off your post...

In CA we have to have a fishing license/permit to go fishing... Even in streams in the Mammoth area...

Is this required in CO..

he reason I ask.. Is I don't imagine Dylan and dad would have had time Sunday night to even get a permit for night fishing/next day fishing?

Just some thoughts...

Hm. I think someone answered that Dylan was too young to require one in CO, but in another state, iirc, you could get a permit at Walmart. Maybe that was why Walmart?

Moo for now. If it becomes important, maybe I'll look up the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member