CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Discussion in 'Dylan Redwine' started by imamaze, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysticskye

mysticskye Member

>I think all of these ideas are great! BUT this area is so different from other areas that i think most people have trouble imagining plausible scenarios. I have heard many, many fishers speaking of 'their pole, their rod". these are salt of the earth people who actually fish everyday! Not for a hobby, but for food. And you do not have to fly fish in the lake, so all you need is a rod. you can find your own bait in the ground.

>As far a snowboarding, etc, there has not been ant snow this season, so far. So winter activities are off the list.

> Personally, I think DR was scowling at his mother in that text.

>and yes, people hitchhiking stick their thumbs out here all the time.

>and the children around here tend to be outdoorsy, even if they do not call themselves "outdoorsy".

2. Money Girl

Money Girl Inactive

CO Law Enforcement / JonBenet Ramsey

'nuff said

3. Abby Normal Again

Abby Normal Again New Member

Scowling- What if she sent 15 texts while he was on the plane and he was scowling at her for being so worried? Without context we can't know. I suspect LE knows though!

Brother- He probably had to work, or has a new girlfriend, or simply doesn't visit as often. Kids don't visit home as often once they are old enough to leave home, that's typical. Even if he lived with mom, he's of age to be in that mentality.

Just a couple thoughts- I don't want to reflect on all of it because I don't mean to sound like I'm being contradictory. I'm just trying to think of how many ways we can speculate on the data. I haven't established an opinion or side, just absorbing.

4. OtherEyes

OtherEyes Well-Known Member

So i called back and the "Dude":rocker: said that for a license for my 13yr (imaginary) son, I just need to bring my ID and his name. They put it under the parents ID. For what it's worth.

Now Ransom don't throw tomatoes, just having a nice little conversation with ICUDOUCME.:truce:

Oh and it was the Walmart in Durango
    1155 S Camino Del Rio, Durango, CO

5. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

Love you dearly ... seriously! Keep it up. Challenge me. I live close by to where DR went poof. Heck, I live closer to MR than where his mother moved DR to.

6. Money Girl

Money Girl Inactive

Other possibilities I have thought about:

Dylan was hit by a vehicle, and they panicked and hid him.

Dylan was shot by a hunter, for whatever reason, and he is lying injured somewhere or that hunter panicked and hid him.

7. Abby Normal Again

Abby Normal Again New Member

Thanks for the perspective on what it is like, and what the norms are there. In these types of situations you have to disassociate yourself and understand your subject's background. It's SO hard not to apply data to your own experience, even when you are mentally trying not to. I do it constantly, especially in the absence of information!

I have been enjoying your interjections about the local culture, thank you!

8. ICUDOUCME

ICUDOUCME New Member

Interesting....:waitasec: those have to be paid for at the counter in the sporting goods section, wonder if LE has looked there on there cameras

9. ICUDOUCME

ICUDOUCME New Member

Wonder if they had talked of any hunting while there, often a father and son thing, and would require a licenses for that as well....and it is hunting season.

10. ICUDOUCME

ICUDOUCME New Member

<modsnip>

May I say that this area of CO has had there share of missing people, and many of them have yet to be found. Heck even one that went missing was found in Albqu and those people didn't know to look in Durango.....just saying the missing in Durango area often stay that way.

11. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

Responses BBM

12. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

But this case does have the FBI, CBI, and several local LE agencies working together to find Dylan. Thanks to every member of LE working to bring him home! Moo

13. OtherEyes

OtherEyes Well-Known Member

Here's us and all the fishing stories tonight!:bigfight:
    Now lets all just hug it out :grouphug: or :needdrink::martini:

14. ICUDOUCME

ICUDOUCME New Member

Yes which is what is in favor for finding Dylan! I agree TKS to them all for working to bring him home, I pray it is before Christmas so that the family may have answers.

15. mysticskye

mysticskye Member

I really do think the local differences are really hard to consider! I have lived all over the good ol USA, and this is one of the most unique and different (not to mention out of the way) places i have ever lived.

16. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

What tackle are you talking about in Colorado? Coats? THEY would say pole. IMO. Fishing hole? Again... what are you talking about? This is Colorado... just to be CLEAR.

There is NO snow to go snowboarding in/around Durango/Purgatory. Not even in my beloved Vail, Co. There was a great slalom event in Beaver Creek, CO this weekend, but most was MM snow.

It totally sucks out here in the boonies of CO/NM with no snow and it's so dang warm. Sigh.

17. ICUDOUCME

ICUDOUCME New Member

I can say I like a few things there, got some good peds doctors, and some other places(kinda cool they have a second hand store there that donates to the care of the shelter)...There mall really isn't a mall, but more of a few stores in a building, and downtown is still the most active place around.

18. mysticskye

mysticskye Member

now, with that info about Durango, there is a huge drinking and driving problem around here. It could have been a hit, grab and run.

19. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

As did Kyron's case, and others. Hope this time they are successful.

20. mysticskye

mysticskye Member

really drunk people driving really large trucks are a bad combination!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.