CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
just my thoughts:

1) we don't know crap

2) dad last saw his son but guess what he is a family member and he needs a little respect until proven otherwise

3) the cell phone stuff can be debated until the cows come home but we just do not know who his provider was and what the circumstances were (and revert back to number 2)

4) revert again back to number two.

I personally will ALWAYS revert back to number two no matter what. Because parents matter and they know. There is mystery in what is going on but nothing that makes me go away from the number two which is family. What they say and what they say happened when and how they found things when they were out of order.

I am not making rules I am stating my opinion. I have not seen one thing that makes me yet doubt the accounts of this father and I am praying that they figure out what the heck happened during errand running time.

This is very troubling. We all have boys around this age. The cell coverage is spotty at best. If my kid tried to power up and couldn't get a signal he would promptly give up and turn on cartoons like Dylan likely did.

I hope they can figure out who else stopped by the house... that will be key. And that is my opinion.

that is all I got.. and that is my opinion

I agree with number one. We don't know crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to see them working with Tim Miller also. I hope someone with FB has passed his information on to them...TIA

I'm not sure about the psychics but it seems like they received something..

And thank you, Mysticskye, for sharing the update! Greatly appreciated

I hope they contact Tim Miller. It can't hurt and it increases the chances of finding him.

I just hope they don't pay those psychics any money and what they get they get for free.

That's with a warranty. You can't just go into an Apple store and buy a new battery and replace it yourself like you can with most cell phones.

(Yes I know it's possible to open up the iPhone and do it yourself but you'd be voiding your warranty and it's certainly not as easy as it is for other phones.)

Please reread. Per link and quote from it, it can be done w/o a warranty. Snipping quote again: "If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery replacement for $79, plus $6.95 shipping, subject to local tax."

I vote Tim Miller, calling Klaas, and every other missing child advocacy group possible! I think an article referenced NCMEC irt Dylan.

Moo

I've been sitting here laughing because I haven't called Information in years and because people claim their teens don't know what a phone book is. We have oodles of phone books in our house, because we get 4 new ones every year, from everywhere that is in our area code. We also get a yellow pages book, and I keep forgetting to throw the old ones away. We have our contact numbers in our phones, but there are businesses I need to look up a number for, doctor's offices, the hospitals, the courthouse, the tax office... all kinds of places.
Ok... I'm old, but I still think phone books are useful.

I haven't used or owned a phone book in at least 15 years :blushing:

I DO remember them, though.:floorlaugh:

Seems it'd be a commercial flight, and Dad said it was direct, but I don't see a flight arriving within that timeframe from COS-DRO. Was it delayed/did the layover take longer than expected (didn't find any direct NS), or was it a charter flight? Did anyone find a comm'l direct flight fitting this timeframe into DRO 11/18 or is that time wrong?

Now that dad has given us a timeline with locations for Sunday night, thought I'd look if it made sense. Per my map app, from the airport to the Walmart takes 18 minutes. From the link, This Walmart doesn't appear to have a McDs inside it like the one near me does (and it's listed that way on mine). From the Walmart to the McDs takes 6 minutes. From the McDs to the 2300 block of CR 500 takes 1 hour, 11 min. Factor in time to shop for groceries and time to eat, and if all times are accurate, seems a tight timeframe for Dylan to then end up asleep at 8.

Even if we shorten the drive to dad's house from McDs to the 45 min referenced in this article, it still seems fairly tight, IMO.

link

Per this post by a local:

I wonder what all was purchased at Walmart. (LE most likely knows, IMO.) Was the fishing pole purchased that night, and that's why it stood out to dad it was missing? Was buying the pole the specific reason for going to the busy, long line Walmart? If it was bought that night, why wasn't fishing in the list of possible activities for the week dad shared in the video? If Dylan's flight was delayed and/or Dylan was already tired from the night before, as Dad said, why do the shopping that night? Why not add it to his own errands the following morning, get Dylan dinner, and home, if he's tired?

And, if Dad had to fight to get the week visit with Dylan, why weren't the two Mon am appts moved to before or after his visit? And errands done prior? He hadn't seen Dylan for almost three months. And, if Dylan just ended up going to sleep at 8, and dad was departing the house early, as others said why not just let him sleep over with his friends as planned?

Dad says in the video below at approx 5:20 in that Dylan knew once Mark got back he'd "be working on getting him down to his friends". Odd wording, IMO. Why not just he knew when I got back I'd drive him there??

Uncut: Mark Redwine talks about son's dissapearance - YouTube

Just some things that stand out to me...:waitasec:

Someone posted several flight options and had narrowed it down to one or two that were most likely, eventually the one that made the most sense.... and I believe that flight was delayed. I just browsed threads 3-6 and couldn't find those posts or conversations quoting them (and I know that I quoted them, at the very least).... so now I'm going to lose my mind.

The days are all the same and the conversations are blending together for me, so I can't remember when this was discussed, but I know this poster looked into flights a few times so I don't know why I'm missing it.
Does anyone remember who this was ? Or what I'm talking about?

From this I know there were discussions about the time frames getting home ... Dylan getting picked up, grocery shopping, the drive home. This was before we knew it was Walmart but a couple of locals had pointed out the Walmart..... When you start to add the trip time together, it's reasonable to conclude Dad and Dylan were still driving home at 8o'clock.. or they weren't home then. Since all we can do is speculate (and re-speculate) there's a possibility the ping would place Dylan and cell phone somewhere other than Dad's home...

I'm just gonna go :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

"Have we tried to ping his cell phone? The phone has not been turned on since his disappearance. You can only ping a cell phone and triangulate a position if the phone is on."==================================================

Sorry, but that still really bothers me. For the life of me, I cannot understand why a 13 yr old would not even turn on his cell on Monday morning, when he is home alone, and waiting to meet up w/friends. Even if reception is 'spotty', you still turn on your cell and LOOK and check if it is getting any incoming texts.

Until we have more information regarding whether Dylan was actually at MR's house that night I'm assuming he was. Therefore, I cannot get the hitch hiking idea out of my head.

My son would have gotten up, tried to contact his friends and then gotten his fishing pole and left planning on catching up with his friends. He probably would not have let me know because he'd assume I knew where he was from our discussion the night before.

I just can't get the hitch hiking out of my mind. That makes him very vulnerable as would just walking on the road alone.

I'd also like to know where they were swimming in that video and if that area's been checked. It appeared there was a gate or drain that could have trapped a body under it.

I just need more info and learned a good lesson from Whitney Heichel's murder! We are not getting all the information that LE has.

I am way behind in reading. Forgive me if the topic has changed. Regarding phones - my tech savvy kids have their phones password protected. No one can look at anything on their phone unless they know their password. Hubby and I do not even know their passwords. Just thought I would share this information as so far I have not read where anyone mentions password protection. I wonder if Dylan, being tech savvy, had his phone password protected?

I vote Tim Miller, calling Klaas, and every other missing child advocacy group possible! I think an article referenced NCMEC irt Dylan.

Moo

I like this... all the time, always, as many as possible.

There are different protocols for contacting each, right? Doesn't Tim Miller's ES have to be requested by the family or on behalf of them?

I hope someone else is acting as an official liason for the family, aside from Denise Hess, because from what I can see, she is working her tail into the ground. As are several people there on the ground. Hopefully they're delegating tasks to reliable people so things get done and nobody burns out emotionally or otherwise.

I remember being about Dylan's age and leaving my house to walk to a friends (because my mom was not home & I was impatient)... a neighbor saw me outside walking and offered me a ride. I did not know the neighbor well, but because they lived near my parents and were an adult they seemed trustworthy.

This is just a thought I had. I am sure LE has looked into the idea of Dylan being picked up or given a ride by a neighbor, in addition to the idea of hitch hiking with a stranger.

Until we have more information regarding whether Dylan was actually at MR's house that night I'm assuming he was. Therefore, I cannot get the hitch hiking idea out of my head.

My son would have gotten up, tried to contact his friends
and then gotten his fishing pole and left planning on catching up with his friends. He probably would not have let me know because he'd assume I knew where he was from our discussion the night before.

I just can't get the hitch hiking out of my mind. That makes him very vulnerable as would just walking on the road alone.

I'd also like to know where they were swimming in that video and if that area's been checked. It appeared there was a gate or drain that could have trapped a body under it.

I just need more info and learned a good lesson from Whitney Heichel's murder! We are not getting all the information that LE has.

Mine would have gotten up and tried to contact his friends that morning too. Why didn't Dylan do that?

Someone posted several flight options and had narrowed it down to one or two that were most likely, eventually the one that made the most sense.... and I believe that flight was delayed. I just browsed threads 3-6 and couldn't find those posts or conversations quoting them (and I know that I quoted them, at the very least).... so now I'm going to lose my mind.

The days are all the same and the conversations are blending together for me, so I can't remember when this was discussed, but I know this poster looked into flights a few times so I don't know why I'm missing it.

From this I know there were discussions about the time frames getting home ... Dylan getting picked up, grocery shopping, the drive home. This was before we knew it was Walmart but a couple of locals had pointed out the Walmart..... When you start to add the trip time together, it's reasonable to conclude Dad and Dylan were still driving home at 8o'clock.. or they weren't home then. Since all we can do is speculate (and re-speculate) there's a possibility the ping would place Dylan and cell phone somewhere other than Dad's home...

I think it was posted by lysstwrt back in thread 2

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8588835#post8588835"]CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2 - Page 37 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If you have ever been around a 13 year old sometimes what you want and what you think would be fun is the furtherest from their minds. They want to do what they want to do and they might say thank you. I love my 13 year old gs, but he can be totally unappreciative at times. And very selfish. jmo

Ummm sounds like my 25 yr old son! :waitasec:

Maybe you're thinking of [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8587844"]this post[/ame] detailing flight options from Denver? But dad made a point in that YouTube video to say it was a direct flight from COS-DRO. I was mainly just looking for a link to confirm the fam friend's statement that Dylan did indeed arrive between 6-6:30. Just thought with more info abt that night's activities, we could look further at timeframes and locations. :). I agree, they may still have been on the road at 8.

Moo

Mine would have gotten up and tried to contact his friends that morning too. Why didn't Dylan do that?

Well on the other hand if my son knew he could not get them by phone due to location, he would just head out in a hurry to catch up with them not really thinking about the danger of going alone.

I bet this has been answered but I missed it. Can you text on an ipad?

Well on the other hand if my son knew he could not get them by phone due to location, he would just head out in a hurry to catch up with them not really thinking about the danger of going alone.

I bet this has been answered but I missed it. Can you text on an ipad?

Depends on whether or not you have wifi or cellular service. iMessage works on wifi with iPhone/iPad owners only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member