CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! Seems to me that the simplest option would be that he was killed by the person that last saw him shortly after his last phone activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touche, my friend. Agreed.

Well according to MR he was supposed to deliver his kid to his friends. Which he didn't. So what did he think kid was going to do when left alone at the house?

Sleep, maybe get up and eat some breakfast and shower in preparation for a day out with friends. He is 13, and this is his hometown. I don't think it is strange for Dad to think it's okay to leave Dylan alone for a few hours in the morning when he wouldn't wake up to be taken to his friend's. (if Dad's story is indeed true.)

Just my opinion, not necessarily directed right at you jjenny, just jumping off of your post.

We truly do not know the last person who saw Dylan. jmo

Well, the last known place that LE can confirm is the airport. His dad picked him up at the airport. We heard he went to Mickey D's and Walmart....then to his dad's home. But those sightings haven't been confirmed by LE. So the last confirmed sighting was when Dylan was picked up at the airport by dad.

Watch TV? Play with the iPad? Call his friends? Facebook? Play outside?

And so we are back to square one. Why didn't Dylan call his friends or used his facebook?

You make a great point, Annie. We roast MR for having some meetings scheduled for Monday morning, but Dylan was just as eager to leave his dad's to stay at friends' for two days. Perhaps when Dad originally made the appointments/meetings for Monday morning he made them early on purpose thinking he would be back about the time Dylan would be getting up for the day.

I think trying to understand the family dynamic here is nearly impossible from the outside.

JMO

You know.....thinking about it, if I paid for my kid to come see me and all he wanted to do was spend the ride to his friends house with me and then not see me for two days, I'd be butthurt about it. I'd at least want him to spend the night with me so we could catch up.

When my son was in college and I'd pay for him to come home for Thanksgiving and once he got here all he wanted to do was be on the phone with his girlfriend, I told him to go back and wouldn't fly him out again.

I agree that a charter flight's unlikely. Again, just trying to confirm his arrival time. If anyone finds that in MSM, vid, etc, please post. :)

I am sure LE has confirmed that. They said they knew he had arrived and I can't imagine they would not know the time of the arrival of his flight. jmo

Well according to MR he was supposed to deliver his kid to his friends. Which he didn't. So what did he think kid was going to do when left alone at the house?

I'm only speaking in regards to the plans made prior. Once the kid didn't get up,,,, who knows. I just thought it might make more sense if they planned their day to have the rest of the week together at the cabin fishing or what not . I think Dylan might have said I gotta sleep , get me up when you get back or something along those lines. I just keep hoping..............

Well, the last known place that LE can confirm is the airport. His dad picked him up at the airport. We heard he went to Mickey D's and Walmart....then to his dad's home. But those sightings haven't been confirmed by LE. So the last confirmed sighting was when Dylan was picked up at the airport by dad.

Walmart and McDonalds should have video. So police should be able to confirm whether Dylan was there or not.

I think Dylan is going to surface. If I am understanding this correctly, it was court mandate that he spend time with his father. I think he ran, and is now scared by all the attention this is getting. I really think this will be one of the rare cases that turns out well. It's ok Dylan, come back home.
Praying I am right!

You know.....thinking about it, if I paid for my kid to come see me and all he wanted to do was spend the ride to his friends house with me and then not see me for two days, I'd be butthurt about it. I'd at least want him to spend the night with me so we could catch up.

When my son was in college and I'd pay for him to come home for Thanksgiving and once he got here all he wanted to do was be on the phone with his girlfriend, I told him to go back and wouldn't fly him out again.

I agree. That would be pretty upsetting. You haven't seen your child in while, he shows up and all he wants is go visit friends.

I think it depends on whether Dad was already expecting this type of behavior from Dylan. Since Dylan was just there in Sept., Dad probably already had a pretty good idea of just how interested Dylan was in spending one-on-one time with Dad vs. spending time with friends. I agree, it may have hurt Dad's feelings if Dylan was only interested in spending time with friends... but he may not have been surprised.

Walmart and McDonalds should have video. So police should be able to confirm whether Dylan was there or not.

Absolutely....but they haven't confirmed. Frustrating indeed.

In addition, they have asked common citizens for any video footage.
:banghead:

I agree. That would be pretty upsetting. You haven't seen your child in while, he shows up and all he wants is go visit friends.

Maybe this is the male in me, but why would this be upsetting? He hadn't seen his friends in a while, of course he is going to want to see them.

If I was his father, I wouldn't feel the least bit slighted.

Sleep for a part of it.

Originally Posted by mck16
Do you have a link that shows MR paid an attorney for visitation rights for this holiday? Or anything that was separate from the divorce? Just wondering because it has been mentioned but I have not seen anything proving that. tia

Not only do I not think he went to court to ask specifically for visitation on Thanksgiving, I think it's ridiculous to criticize him for requesting "parenting time" at all. The mother originally went to court and was given primary parenting time, which basically means that DR would live with her. If MR wanted to see him at all, he then had to go to court to be given his "parenting time" which was most likely several holidays or other times when there was no school. I would have a lot less respect for a man who didn't even ask for time with his son than for one who wasn't able (or even willing) to fly the kid every weekend, every other weekend, or whatever people think he should have done.

I am sure LE has confirmed that. They said they knew he had arrived and I can't imagine they would not know the time of the arrival of his flight. jmo

Wasn't questioning if LE confirmed it. Just was looking at the new locations in light of the timeframes stated thus far. :)

We truly do not know the last person who saw Dylan. jmo

But if we are going by OR and avoiding as many assumptions as possible then we stick with what we know and that is that MR was the last person with his son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been no clues or confirmed sightings of Dylan since Sunday night, Bender said, and such a lack of leads is unusual.
“That’s what’s made it such a frustrating case,” Bender said. “We had to check every single possibility.”

“We do know he reached La Plata County,” Bender said. Beyond that, there isn’t much

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

BBM

jumping off your post with MSM stuff

Could you expand on what that means? Is it suggesting that fathers are in the wrong to ask for visitation with their kids?

I think (Please correct me if I'm wrong!) Seek & Find means that people are being critical of dad for leaving to run errands monday morning bc he pursued visitation.

IMO, I think many parents like to stick to a normal routine when they have visitation with their kids. Kids can see friends, parents still complete their responsibilities (for example a parent with a full time job may not be able to just take off work for a week), etc.

JMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member