CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are just so many curious things to me. The following are ramblings based IMHO. There are somethings I have read and mentioned. I hope someone will chime in if they have not been verified. Sorry for the length just thinking out loud! TIA.

Got here and scowling - I would think Dylan would have been thrilled to see his old buddies. I think if he must have had some solid reasons if he was really upset about the trip and staying with the father so much it overshadowed seeing his friends.

Brother - Is MR the father to both kids. Why didn't the brother come at the same time. I realize DR's was court ordered but it seems it would have been advantageous to have both visit the same time. Especially if DR was reluctant to come. IOW...have a special Thanksgiving in both places at different times...or etc. Was it because of strained relationships, financial, work schedules, or ?

Running around/back&forth - As far as I can tell there is some distance to MR house from the friends, errands, airport, and etc. I lived in the country before. You plan everything to minimize round trips. I think others have mentioned trip time it would have made sense to take him Sunday night to his friends. It wasn't that late and the Walmart trip could have been paired with the errands the next day. Plus, the other kids were probably going to have their own family things later in the week so it seems reasonable for DR to do the socializing from the beginning.

Plus, if he planned on taking him in the morning wouldn't he have gone all out to follow through. Returning from running errands to a 13 year chomping at the bit to get to friends knowing you'd have to turn around and take him wouldn't be on my favorites list.

Fishing Pole - Fisherpeople living close to a lake keep their gear staged and ready to go. Fishing is what they do when they get home from work, before lunch on a weekend, and anytime they have a few min. They have gear pole, boots/shoes, coat, tackle and etc. If a family member wasn't home they might say their fishing gear is missing or their fishing stuff.....they wouldn't say pole.

If the were fisherpeople and thought a son was out fishing waiting for you to return and give them a ride, they would pretty much know where to gather them up from at their fishing hole. They would look there first.

If only a pole was gone that would imply they were meeting someone with tackle, maybe a boat. I can't envision a group of 13 yo planning a fishing outing on Thanksgiving week. Snowboarding, yes. Videos, yes. Movies, yes. Fishing....not really.

While I was away - Did MR try to contact DR while he was running errands? A text to say did you find something to eat for breakfast? Want me to pick up lunch on my way home? Are your friends pissed you overslept? I think such communication would have been the norm for most.

Divorce Atty - Really? On Thanksgiving week during your visit with son? Most likely the visitation schedule was worked out when the custody modification occurred. What made a visit at this point and time necessary? Were they preparing a motion to submit? Were they responding to a motion? The timing for the appointment seems very odd if he really did meet with his divorce atty.

Hitchhiking - If my husband drops me off at work I very well might say I'll see if I can hitch a ride home. I don't mean I'm going to stand at the side of the road and stick my thumb out. I am going to check with co-workers to see if any are headed in my direction. Similarly, I can see a neighbor, friends mother, or others known might be the equivalent of "hitchhiking" from Dad's to Friend's.

I have more but that's where I'm stopping for now!

>I think all of these ideas are great! BUT this area is so different from other areas that i think most people have trouble imagining plausible scenarios. I have heard many, many fishers speaking of 'their pole, their rod". these are salt of the earth people who actually fish everyday! Not for a hobby, but for food. And you do not have to fly fish in the lake, so all you need is a rod. you can find your own bait in the ground.

>As far a snowboarding, etc, there has not been ant snow this season, so far. So winter activities are off the list.

> Personally, I think DR was scowling at his mother in that text.

>and yes, people hitchhiking stick their thumbs out here all the time.

>and the children around here tend to be outdoorsy, even if they do not call themselves "outdoorsy".

No offense to law enforcement as I have the up most respect for them....but I wrongly assumed LE did a competent search of Casey Anthony's computer searches on her hard drive.

I'm not going to assume much in this case, especially since they're not telling us much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO Law Enforcement / JonBenet Ramsey

'nuff said

There are just so many curious things to me. The following are ramblings based IMHO. There are somethings I have read and mentioned. I hope someone will chime in if they have not been verified. Sorry for the length just thinking out loud! TIA.

Got here and scowling - I would think Dylan would have been thrilled to see his old buddies. I think if he must have had some solid reasons if he was really upset about the trip and staying with the father so much it overshadowed seeing his friends.

Brother - Is MR the father to both kids. Why didn't the brother come at the same time. I realize DR's was court ordered but it seems it would have been advantageous to have both visit the same time. Especially if DR was reluctant to come. IOW...have a special Thanksgiving in both places at different times...or etc. Was it because of strained relationships, financial, work schedules, or ?

Running around/back&forth - As far as I can tell there is some distance to MR house from the friends, errands, airport, and etc. I lived in the country before. You plan everything to minimize round trips. I think others have mentioned trip time it would have made sense to take him Sunday night to his friends. It wasn't that late and the Walmart trip could have been paired with the errands the next day. Plus, the other kids were probably going to have their own family things later in the week so it seems reasonable for DR to do the socializing from the beginning.

Plus, if he planned on taking him in the morning wouldn't he have gone all out to follow through. Returning from running errands to a 13 year chomping at the bit to get to friends knowing you'd have to turn around and take him wouldn't be on my favorites list.

Fishing Pole - Fisherpeople living close to a lake keep their gear staged and ready to go. Fishing is what they do when they get home from work, before lunch on a weekend, and anytime they have a few min. They have gear pole, boots/shoes, coat, tackle and etc. If a family member wasn't home they might say their fishing gear is missing or their fishing stuff.....they wouldn't say pole.

If the were fisherpeople and thought a son was out fishing waiting for you to return and give them a ride, they would pretty much know where to gather them up from at their fishing hole. They would look there first.

If only a pole was gone that would imply they were meeting someone with tackle, maybe a boat. I can't envision a group of 13 yo planning a fishing outing on Thanksgiving week. Snowboarding, yes. Videos, yes. Movies, yes. Fishing....not really.

While I was away - Did MR try to contact DR while he was running errands? A text to say did you find something to eat for breakfast? Want me to pick up lunch on my way home? Are your friends pissed you overslept? I think such communication would have been the norm for most.

Divorce Atty - Really? On Thanksgiving week during your visit with son? Most likely the visitation schedule was worked out when the custody modification occurred. What made a visit at this point and time necessary? Were they preparing a motion to submit? Were they responding to a motion? The timing for the appointment seems very odd if he really did meet with his divorce atty.

Hitchhiking - If my husband drops me off at work I very well might say I'll see if I can hitch a ride home. I don't mean I'm going to stand at the side of the road and stick my thumb out. I am going to check with co-workers to see if any are headed in my direction. Similarly, I can see a neighbor, friends mother, or others known might be the equivalent of "hitchhiking" from Dad's to Friend's.

Scowling- What if she sent 15 texts while he was on the plane and he was scowling at her for being so worried? Without context we can't know. I suspect LE knows though!

Brother- He probably had to work, or has a new girlfriend, or simply doesn't visit as often. Kids don't visit home as often once they are old enough to leave home, that's typical. Even if he lived with mom, he's of age to be in that mentality.

Just a couple thoughts- I don't want to reflect on all of it because I don't mean to sound like I'm being contradictory. I'm just trying to think of how many ways we can speculate on the data. I haven't established an opinion or side, just absorbing.

Did you happen to ask them what documentation the child would need to get a fishing licenses?

So i called back and the "Dude":rocker: said that for a license for my 13yr (imaginary) son, I just need to bring my ID and his name. They put it under the parents ID. For what it's worth.

Now Ransom don't throw tomatoes, just having a nice little conversation with ICUDOUCME.:truce:

Oh and it was the Walmart in Durango
1155 S Camino Del Rio, Durango, CO

LOL!You are hilarious!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I knew as soon as I saw your post after I posted that I was gonna get it!!!!

Love you dearly ... seriously! Keep it up. Challenge me. I live close by to where DR went poof. Heck, I live closer to MR than where his mother moved DR to.

Other possibilities I have thought about:

Dylan was hit by a vehicle, and they panicked and hid him.

Dylan was shot by a hunter, for whatever reason, and he is lying injured somewhere or that hunter panicked and hid him.

I think all of these ideas are great! BUT this area is so different from other areas that i think most people have trouble imagining plausible scenarios. I have heard many, many fishers speaking of 'their pole, their rod". these are salt of the earth people who actually fish everyday! Not for a hobby, but for food. And you do not have to fly fish in the lake, so all you need is a rod. you can find your own bait in the ground.

As far a snowboarding, etc, there has not been ant snow this season, so far. So winter activities are off the list.

Thanks for the perspective on what it is like, and what the norms are there. In these types of situations you have to disassociate yourself and understand your subject's background. It's SO hard not to apply data to your own experience, even when you are mentally trying not to. I do it constantly, especially in the absence of information!

I have been enjoying your interjections about the local culture, thank you!

So i called back and the "Dude":rocker: said that for a license for my 13yr (imaginary) son, I just need to bring my ID and his name. They put it under the parents ID. For what it's worth.

Now Ransom don't throw tomatoes, just having a nice little conversation with ICUDOUCME.:truce:

Interesting....:waitasec: those have to be paid for at the counter in the sporting goods section, wonder if LE has looked there on there cameras

Wonder if they had talked of any hunting while there, often a father and son thing, and would require a licenses for that as well....and it is hunting season.

<modsnip>

May I say that this area of CO has had there share of missing people, and many of them have yet to be found. Heck even one that went missing was found in Albqu and those people didn't know to look in Durango.....just saying the missing in Durango area often stay that way.

The scowl could have been because Mom had sent several texts while he was on the plane. I know the plane was about an hour late, but I haven't heard if it left Colorado Springs late or if a stopover took longer than expected. As it is, has there been any confirmation of the scowl, or just Mom's word for it? (I don't doubt it was there, but if nothing can be based on Dad's word without confirmation, it shouldn't be based on Mom's word alone either)

Brother - Is MR the father to both kids. Why didn't the brother come at the same time. I realize DR's was court ordered but it seems it would have been advantageous to have both visit the same time. Especially if DR was reluctant to come. IOW...have a special Thanksgiving in both places at different times...or etc. Was it because of strained relationships, financial, work schedules, or ? CR has a job, and I don't believe he's had it real long. I doubt they'd look kindly on him asking for a week off to go see Dad with his brother.

Whereas, it wouldn't bother me. He knew DR had been up most of the night Saturday night, and would probably not get a lot of sleep with his friends the first night. I think it would be healthier for him to stay with Dad and get rested up so he could actually be awake to enjoy the time with friends. MOO

It's hard to go snowboarding without snow. There really hasn't been anything indicating that MR was really into fishing that much. He might go now and then, but that doesn't mean he's a "fisherperson" who would use all of the correct terminology.

I'll trust LE, since they have confirmed it. Sometimes we take our appointment times when we can get them. As long as he's off work that week anyway (if he has a job), why not use a small part of the time for business purposes?

There have been people who live in the area and said that hitchhiking isn't that uncommon there. It doesn't matter what adults in other places do. MOO

Responses BBM

But this case does have the FBI, CBI, and several local LE agencies working together to find Dylan. Thanks to every member of LE working to bring him home! Moo

Here's us and all the fishing stories tonight!:bigfight:
Now lets all just hug it out :grouphug: or :needdrink::martini:

But this case does have the FBI, CBI, and several local LE agencies working together to find Dylan. Thanks to every member of LE working to bring him home! Moo

Yes which is what is in favor for finding Dylan! I agree TKS to them all for working to bring him home, I pray it is before Christmas so that the family may have answers.

Thanks for the perspective on what it is like, and what the norms are there. In these types of situations you have to disassociate yourself and understand your subject's background. It's SO hard not to apply data to your own experience, even when you are mentally trying not to. I do it constantly, especially in the absence of information!

I have been enjoying your interjections about the local culture, thank you!

I really do think the local differences are really hard to consider! I have lived all over the good ol USA, and this is one of the most unique and different (not to mention out of the way) places i have ever lived.

They have gear pole, boots/shoes, coat, tackle and etc. If a family member wasn't home they might say their fishing gear is missing or their fishing stuff.....they wouldn't say pole.

What tackle are you talking about in Colorado? Coats? THEY would say pole. IMO. Fishing hole? Again... what are you talking about? This is Colorado... just to be CLEAR.

There is NO snow to go snowboarding in/around Durango/Purgatory. Not even in my beloved Vail, Co. There was a great slalom event in Beaver Creek, CO this weekend, but most was MM snow.

It totally sucks out here in the boonies of CO/NM with no snow and it's so dang warm. Sigh.

I really do think the local differences are really hard to consider! I have lived all over the good ol USA, and this is one of the most unique and different (not to mention out of the way) places i have ever lived.

I can say I like a few things there, got some good peds doctors, and some other places(kinda cool they have a second hand store there that donates to the care of the shelter)...There mall really isn't a mall, but more of a few stores in a building, and downtown is still the most active place around.

now, with that info about Durango, there is a huge drinking and driving problem around here. It could have been a hit, grab and run.

As did Kyron's case, and others. Hope this time they are successful.

really drunk people driving really large trucks are a bad combination!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021