CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #8

Discussion in 'Dylan Redwine' started by nursebeeme, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

Continue the discussion here:

Please remember the :tos: and do not attack one another. Also please read the rules on discussion of Dylan's father.

2. Loading...

3. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

[​IMG]
    http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

[​IMG]
    http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
    Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
    La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
    Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

4. nursebeeme

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. The discussion however must have one foot in what is known in media reports and does not include sleuthing of property records, divorce records, etc. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

5. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

Sleuthing the father is not allowed. The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe

and brought home!!!

6. FruitTingles

FruitTingles Dylan Redwine, Never Forgotten.

Gotcha Nurse. Thanks for the new thread Imamaze! All though, I do wish it wasn't necessary and Dylan was home safe. :(

7. aust amateur slueth

aust amateur slueth New Member

since its a new thread I'll ask about the wildlife in the area, are there bears mountain lions coyotes etc (yup I'm not from the US so have no idea whats typical for the area)

what is the terrain like between the airport and vallecito? are there turnoffs from the main road, lakes, river, forests etc

8. FruitTingles

FruitTingles Dylan Redwine, Never Forgotten.

Nurse or Imamaze, could you please bring over my post with the photos of Dylan that I put up earlier. ?

9. i8mypaint

i8mypaint New Member

Mountain lions and bears mostly. Moose, deer, elk, cyotes, wolves and foxes.

10. i8mypaint

i8mypaint New Member

I missed a whole thread yesterday, hoping we hear some good news today!

11. hollyblue

hollyblue It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen t

Yes to the above question. Here's a helpful link:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/WILDLIFESPECIES/Pages/WildlifeSpecies.aspx

12. i8mypaint

i8mypaint New Member

I forgot: buffalo

13. aust amateur slueth

aust amateur slueth New Member

thanks for that, next question if theres any locals onboard. have there been any notices about bears, lions etc recently?

Dylan having grown up in the area would have been educated about the risks from wild animals?

are there many attacks on people by these animals?

14. nursebeeme

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. i8mypaint

i8mypaint New Member

There is notices up everywhere about wild animals, locks on garbage bins etc: I would believe growing up there he would know. I grew up in the suburbs but we camped all the time (I hated it, I'm not an outdoorsy person) you are always taught the dangers and what to do in case of a bear attack.
    MOO he was not eaten by an animal

16. momshrink

momshrink New Member

This is a reply for mck16 - I don't know how to bring a post over from the last thread.
    My post was speculation as I stated. Many are speculating about wild life, abduction, etc. I was speculating about whether Dylan really wanted to go fishing. We don't know whether Dylan wanted to go or not.
    I hope we have some news today. I cannot imagine what this family is going through right now.

As always, JMO.

17. nursebeeme

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

more at link

mom says she had talked with Dylan about hitchhiking

18. i8mypaint

i8mypaint New Member

I know I missed a thread, but there was only mention of a missing pole. MR never said he was taking Dylan fishing. I wish there was something new! Like Dylan being found.

19. mck16

mck16 New Member

Thanks for your response. I was just hoping for something new. I agree about his family. I don't think I could even breathe if it were me. jmo

20. Tessie

Tessie New Member

Thans so much for this update. I had read somewhere that MR worked out of town and am so glad it's out there now.
    I asked the question threads ago about who would be looking out for his home while he was gone? Who could have had a key?
    Whoever did would know that MR was home as of the 17th and that Dylan would be there Thanksgiving week.

21. hollyblue

hollyblue It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen t

I replied to your post on the last thread and lost it when the thread closed.

Why do you think the father is wanting custody of Dylan now? Financial? Control issues since the "family" moved? IMO, I really sense a sincere anger from Dylan for his father.

The father may have taken Dylan's cell phone away for some reason and Dylan left in the middle of the night with disgust and resentment.

Probably been discussed many times, but is the father in a relationship with anyone.....or was recently? TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.